College Football Is Stale and Boring

Vic Mackey

39 minutes ago, nnm said:

Just checked in to say that I just realized that there is a CFB game tonight. Some sort of SECX3 game. In which I have zero interest, and of which I will watch zero minutes. 
That is all. 

I also just realized the game was tonight. I'll have to find some pirated stream to watch a quarter of it in the background. Sporting events shouldn't take 4+ hours. This ain't cricket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

We’ll see ya in the game thread around 7!

I think The Bachelor is on tonight.  I'd rather give ABC my viewership than reward MousESPN for fellating Saban and Smart over four hours, while their sports "journalists" completely ignoring every recruiting impropriety that fabricated these CFP results over the past six years.

Dawgs roll, I'm watching

Tight contest, I'm watching

Tide gets up by 10, I'm out

My son and i went to the GA/BAMA title game a few years back. Had GA fans on my left and BAMA fans on my right.  I really felt bad for the Bulldog fans that night, especially considering the overlap in their fanbase and the Falcons fanbase who watched their team piss away a Super Bowl 11 months before.

Go Dawgs... but remember who your daddy is

texas-longhorns.gif

1 minute ago, UTEX_ME said:

I legitmately forgot there was a game tonight. I'll watch until it gets ugly, but give me a full slate Saturday in October vs. this manufactured ESPN / SEC reach around fest. 

We waited a whole season just to see a fucking rematch of a shitty game that happened a month ago. Yawnfest. SECSEC yokels will be hyped and aggy as they can't wait to ride the coat tails of Bama as always. It isn't so much that Ga/Bama are playing but the way it happened with the shitty 4 team semifinal (won't even call it a playoff). 

I didn't watch this game in 2018 and won't watch tonight. I don't care about SECSEC knob slobbing for 4 hours. If SEC/ESPN could find a way to get 4 SEC teams in the semis, they would. 

• Like 2

This game is boring AF.  This is what happens when the voters don't punish a team for a late-season loss.  DGAF about UGA being a 1-loss team, with the only loss to bama in the conference championship game.  Automatic seven-spot drop when you lose.  Fuck this rematch bullshit.

I'm headed to bed. Might poke the lady.  If not, I'll fap to Holly Rowe.

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I enjoyed the fuck out of that championship game. 

No you didn't. College football is stale and boring. Didn't you get the memo? They scored too many field goals for that to be exciting and their offensive coordinators were trash and they didn't want to actually win the game. 

• Haha 1

Watched a non-fb tv show with Mrs. NNM instead, then as I was surfing before sleep checked the score, and saw it was 9-6 at halftime. Yawned, read a book, went to sleep. 
Much more enjoyable evening than watching a SECX3 rematch. 

21 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

What's making it stale and boring is these two teams, along with a handful of others, are the only ones that will win championships going forward. 

Vegas favorites for 2022-2023 (i.e., the winners of 21 of the 24 CFP games)

Bama 5-2

Georgia 9-2

Ohio State 7-1

Clemson 12-1

Edited by alincoln

39 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Bama 5-2

Georgia 9-2

Ohio State 7-1

Clemson 12-1

Isn’t it pretty obvious that when you have the ability to stack your roster with NFL talent compared to all the other schools playing with players that will never sniff the NFL then you can out talent most teams which means you will win most of your games and be in position to get selected for the playoffs.  Unfortunately I do think A&M is doing this now and with a few more classes like this one they will be the same as the 4 schools above.  I also think they will replace Clemson as their talent level has taken a downturn if you look closely at their D over the past few years.  Good players there but not stacked with NFL talent like Bama and Georgia are right now.

Also, I hate Bama but I am not sure how much Bama has to do illegal to get the top players at this point because they can give a factual pitch that if you go there you will get a national championship, visibility to the NFL and they will develop your talent to play in the NFL which is really the goal of most if not all of these kids.

1 hour ago, alincoln said:

Bama 5-2

Georgia 9-2

Ohio State 7-1

Clemson 12-1

This is very shocking news!

2018-2021 recruiting classes: 

Bama - #5, #1, #2, #1
Georgia - #1, #2, #1, #4
Ohio State - #2, #14, #5, #2
Clemson - #7, #10, #3, #5

The only teams who have similarly recruited but have nothing to show for it are USC (coaching change), Texas (coaching change), LSU (coaching change) and aggy (lol) 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lat22 said:

1.  January 10 is too late to be playing a college football game. 
2.  It was awesome watching Alabama get pushed around late in that game. 
3. We better have our shit together on September 10 or it’s going be UGLY. 

Unless we’re allowed to play with 4 extra O-linemen I don’t see how it doesn’t get ugly. 

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This is very shocking news!

2018-2021 recruiting classes: 

Bama - #5, #1, #2, #1
Georgia - #1, #2, #1, #4
Ohio State - #2, #14, #5, #2
Clemson - #7, #10, #3, #5

The only teams who have similarly recruited but have nothing to show for it are USC (coaching change), Texas (coaching change), LSU (coaching change) and aggy (lol) 

I think you can consider LSU’s national championship as having something to show for their recruiting, no?  I do agree with you but I think it has been shown that TX recruiting rankings were highly flawed.  I am surprised Ohio State has that #14 ranking but I wonder if even in that class they had some serious studs but just not quanitity or something.

2 hours ago, Lat22 said:

1.  January 10 is too late to be playing a college football game. 
2.  It was awesome watching Alabama get pushed around late in that game. 
3. We better have our shit together on September 10 or it’s going be UGLY. 

We can have our shit together and it is still going to be ugly.

‘Bama athletes care more about football than wristbands.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I think you can consider LSU’s national championship as having something to show for their recruiting, no?  I do agree with you but I think it has been shown that TX recruiting rankings were highly flawed.  I am surprised Ohio State has that #14 ranking but I wonder if even in that class they had some serious studs but just not quanitity or something.

I was just talking about recruiting the last 4 cycles (not counting 2022 because it's not done yet) and who the "favorites" are for next year.  Those 4 teams recruited at an elite level, no head coaching changes and haven't had a shit ton of transfers out of their elite talent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

ESPN Way Too Early Top 25:

1. Bammer
2. Ohio I love Tatoo State
3. Georgeneck
4.  uh... well.... 
4. C'MON, Dammit!  Show me!
4. Well, you're not gonna like it...
4.  SHOW THE DAMN TEAM!
4.  Well... okay, here goes...

4.  Texas Agriculture and Mechanical College...

__ . U of Texas (er, i.e. not ranked)

Gonna be a fun season next year!

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32999406/the-2022-way-too-early-college-football-top-25

I heard last night that Alabama mailed it in, they didn't want to be there.

Edited by phdhorn

54 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Unfortunately I do think A&M is doing this now and with a few more classes like this one they will be the same as the 4 schools above.  I also think they will replace Clemson as their talent level has taken a downturn if you look closely at their D over the past few years.

Oh, come on now. We're going to find a way to fuck it up all on our own without you needing to reverse jinx us. We will never, ever be mentioned on the same level as those 4 schools.

We'll throw some money around while the NIL is still new and fresh, but, a few years down the road, boosters are going to get alligator arms because the last time they wrote a check to a 5 star 18 year old, he ended up being a bust who barely played. Unless we win a LOT early on (we won't), the pool of money is going to get a lot shallower.

Edited by aggie08

9 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Most of it was.

The 4th quarter saved it.

Seems like looking at the stat sheet it was pretty so-so until about halfway through the fourth quarter, although both Georgia and Bama have some top defenses. Nakobe Dean is fun to watch.

I only watched a bit of the first and second quarter. Saw one amazing catch, a bunch of runs into the pile, and some field goals. Got bored, turned it off.