Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

Well, TBH what he said was crazy. I picked up on it immediately. Why can't he just say ANY incursion will be bad for Putin? Why did he have to qualify the level of invasion? 

Because there are people that want to nuke Russia over a cyber attack. The war machine is losing money when bullets aren’t flying.
  • Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Bravo said:

OK, I was behind just got done watching the part about Ukraine. Why in the world would he say something to like a minor incursion would elicit a lesser response? WTF? So a little bit is OK? Just take the eastern half? Very bizarre statement essentially saying just don't go too far.

giphy_s (2).gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

17 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Well, TBH what he said was crazy. I picked up on it immediately. Why can't he just say ANY incursion will be bad for Putin? Why did he have to qualify the level of invasion? 

What’s crazy about saying the level of our response will depend on the severity of the action taken by Russia? 

• Hook 'Em 1

This is yet another reason why Pete Buttiege would have been the best president. He’s a centrist do-nothing corporate Democrat placeholder like Biden, except he is an amazingly clear and concise communicator with executive presence and poise. What is the opportunity cost of wasted hours and cycles spent mopping up the mess Biden makes anytime he speaks because “what he said isn’t actually what he meant if you stick with the rambling point until the 5 minute broken sentence is finished”.

Executive communication would serve the next President well just in terms of saving time and taking away ammo for the opposition. At least make it harder for them to twist your words.

Edited by TurkeyChew
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

8 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

And when W beat algore the democrats were hollering. It's an equal opportunity gripe depending on who is declared the winner.

The Ds had a legitimate beef. The Rs just lick shit off of boots without question.

And it’s not the Ds who overwhelmingly distrust the vote.

Just now, TurkeyChew said:

This is yet another reason why Pete Buttiege would have been the best president. He’s a centrist do-nothing corporate Democrat placeholder like Biden, except he is an amazingly clear and concise communicator with executive presence and poise. What is the opportunity cost of wasted hours and cycles spent mopping up the mess Biden makes anytime he speaks because “what he said isn’t actually what he meant if you stick with the rambling point until the 5 minute broken sentence is finished”.

Executive communication would serve the next President well just in terms of saving time. 

Yeah, we've really crushed it the past 22 years electing elite orators. I'm sure we'll nail it next time.

Just now, aggie08 said:

Yeah, we've really crushed it the past 22 years electing elite orators. I'm sure we'll nail it next time.

Maybe that’s because we’ve been electing geriatrics and a middle aged O&G man.

Millennials running for President can and should be better.

Heck, Mitt Romney is the gold standard in that regard.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Actually I thought Obama was a good communicator, except half the country didn’t have ears to hear. You know, because of the thing…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

Actually I thought Obama was a good communicator, except half the country didn’t have ears to hear. You know, because of the thing…

Exactly. The one President we've had in two decades who could string two sentences together caused a disturbing number of people to join a militia because he was too..."Hawaiian."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Bravo said:

I haven't even got to Biden undermining the upcoming midterm election. So will it be legitimate or not. The irony is thick.

Yea it’s almost like preventing specific people from voting is anti-democracy. 

You’re denser than usual today 

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yea it’s almost like preventing specific people from voting is anti-democracy. 

You’re denser than usual today 

so I just listened to that clip and what I heard was him say that if we don't pass the election reform law and have a federal takeover of elections, then the probability of illegitimate elections increase?  He was stuttering and confused on the question and years so I want to make sure that I interpreted that correctly

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bravo said:

Ha, OK. I am not going down that wormhole because I don't think anyone who wants to vote will be denied.

So if his voting bill isnt passed illegitimate election? Sweet. 

Yes people have never been purged from voter registration lists. You don’t want certain people to be able to vote as easily as you and I because then your team loses. You’re anti-democratic if you don’t support the passage of the new voting rights bill. It’s not even up for debate really.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bravo said:

OK, well looks like you get to claim illegitimate election coming up because that bill is not passing. BTW if something is unconstitutional it will be fought in court and deemed as such. It's already happening with redistricting. Also, by saying it isn't even up for debate doesn't really mean it isn't. You decide that?

Yes the supremes certainly have shown they care about the constitution.

No the constitution decides that it’s not debatable. I wasn’t aware it listed exclusions on who was allowed to vote.

Considering our own AG Paxton wants to be able to throw out any votes he deemed questionable. So, yeah, I believe that if the voters rights bill doesn’t pass, we are fucked.

Hell - just look at the change of my TX-22 district. It’s a complete farce and fuck the Texas GOP for drawing lines like this.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Every citizen should be automatically and forever registered to vote when they turn 18. They should be issued a free government picture id that gets updated every 10 years. Every citizen should be able to vote by mail or in person. Early voting should be open for 30 days leading up to any election. No polling place should be more than 1/4 mile away. That's a start

denzel washington GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Ha, OK. I am not going down that wormhole because I don't think anyone who wants to vote will be denied.

So if his voting bill isnt passed illegitimate election? Sweet. 

Yeah, like there's no chance people who apply for mail in voting using their Driver's License ID will have their application rejected if your voter registration uses their SSN.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

This sequence.  Trump and his captive media outlets have relentlessly sold a lie intended to convince half the country that our election process is rife with fraud.

It is a lie.  Promulgated for a dishonest purpose, creating a "voter trust" issue out of thin air, which is then used as an excuse to restrict voting access, which just so happens to 1) be an admitted goal and plan for that party, and 2) is going 100% according to their stated and admitted plan.

If you don't see that the fake "voter trust" issue was manufactured to give the GQP an excuse to restrict voting access because they think that will give them an electoral advantage, you have been purposefully ignoring what the GQP itself has repeatedly said about its plans and goals.

So one of the biggest things about “restricting voter access” is about requiring id’s.   That is a fact.   And so many are so vehemently opposed to requiring an id to vote but are ok with requiring an id and vaccination card to go to a fucking restaurant.   

yeah.  So restrictive to voter access.  So fucking restrictive.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

Every citizen should be automatically and forever registered to vote when they turn 18. They should be issued a free government picture id that gets updated every 10 years. Every citizen should be able to vote by mail or in person. Early voting should be open for 30 days leading up to any election. No polling place should be more than 1/4 mile away. That's a start

I agree with everything except polling location proximity and 30 days of early voting. You have great points, then go off the rails with hyperbole at the end. Polling location density should be tied to population density. Used to driving for fucking ever in Lovin Co to rob rich ladies, or just grab a beer? You can drive to vote. And yes, you need a car in Loving CO. Live on campus or downtown, you can likely walk to vote or certainly bus it. Transportation should be a non issue. Fuck let em put a polling station in Montgomery Co trailer parks if density is great enough. Polling locations that take longer than 30 min force mandatory addition of additional staff or locations.

Early voting for two straight weeks including Sundays. Then Election day is a holiday. Anything longer is too much a burden on a lot of volunteer staff, poll watchers, schools, etc.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

So one of the biggest things about “restricting voter access” is about requiring id’s.   That is a fact.   And so many are so vehemently opposed to requiring an id to vote but are ok with requiring an id and vaccination card to go to a fucking restaurant.   

Did you just compare eating in a restaurant to voting rights? 

• Hook 'Em 2

No problem with a voter ID if it and all paper work to get one is free and easily acquired. If it costs $1 at any point in the process, that’s a poll tax and is unconstitutional.
  • Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yes people have never been purged from voter registration lists. You don’t want certain people to be able to vote as easily as you and I because then your team loses. You’re anti-democratic if you don’t support the passage of the new voting rights bill. It’s not even up for debate really.

So we should want voting laws like New York which are more restrictive than voting laws in Georgia, but not in “The South” so NY laws are ok??

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

So we should want voting laws like New York which are more restrictive than voting laws in Georgia, but not in “The South” so NY laws are ok??

What does this even mean? We should want voting laws that make it as easy as possible to vote. Period. 
But based on your post you seem to think voting and eating in restaurants are similar level problems 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Did you just compare eating in a restaurant to voting rights? 

There are people on this site that are ok with governments requiring an id and card to eat in a restaurant but throw a fit when it’s suggested that you have a valid id to vote.   I think that’s could be a bit of a problem.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

There are people on this site that are ok with governments requiring an id and card to eat in a restaurant but throw a fit when it’s suggested that you have a valid id to vote.   I think that’s could be a bit of a problem.   

One of those things is actually a problem. One of those isn’t.

7 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

What does this even mean? We should want voting laws that make it as easy as possible to vote. Period. 
But based on your post you seem to think voting and eating in restaurants are similar level problems 

The new Georgia laws are less restrictive than the New York laws.  But because of things, Georgia is condemned as being restrictive.   

why should I need to show a vac card and an id in some jurisdictions to fucking eat in public but those same jurisdictions bitch and moan that making me have an id to prove I’m a registered, citizen voter, are considered restrictive?    

if you can’t fucking figure out how ducking regarded that is, then you are some brand of special 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Bravo said:

or he is making a correlation if in some areas you have to show a form of ID to do something as simple as eat in a restaurant we can surely do something similar to make someone prove who they are to do something as important as vote? that point went over your head though.

Yea because that point is moronic

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, 2early4flapjacks? said:

Didn't Jefferson state that the goal of public education was to create a well educated electorate?  Seems like all high school graduates should be handed a voter registration card/ID along with their diploma.

I’d be ok with that.  

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

The new Georgia laws are less restrictive than the New York laws.  But because of things, Georgia is condemned as being restrictive.   

why should I need to show a vac card and an id in some jurisdictions to fucking eat in public but those same jurisdictions bitch and moan that making me have an id to prove I’m a registered, citizen voter, are considered restrictive?    

if you can’t fucking figure out how ducking regarded that is, then you are some brand of special 

If you can’t see that comparing democracy to a sandwich is regarded then you are some brand of special.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Prove it.  You keep saying this, but have no source to back it up.

36 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

The new voter bills being proposed would do the following:

“require that states that require IDs for voting would have to broaden the types of identification acceptable. States would also have to offer same-day voting registration and online registration and also make it easier to register at places like departments of motor vehicles.”

There is nothing that proposes states do away with photo ID requirements. Nothing

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon