Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

36 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Qft 

I've been hearing about the implosion, or destruction of the Republican party for years, it's not happening. It's like the phrase "I can't wait for the olds to die, then we can change." Yet gun laws have been expanded, abortion is being limited, and crypto is looked at much more favorable. The people who say that phrase definitely aren't in favor of those things.

Edited by workswithseed

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

I dOnT kNoW hOw ThE WoRlD wOrKs

If this was a rematch, do you think Team Trump is looking to overcome 7 million votes or 50k? Your football analogy is fucked because you want to cite total yards as the victory (7 million) instead of the actual points won by (50k).

Wrong again, you don't know how anything works. It was AZ -11 GA-16 and WI-10 (37 EV) and ALL 3 would have needed to happen for a TIE which would have inevitably been a Trump win. 

They wouldn't be able to overcome anything it doesn't matter and already happened. Do you think we would have tackled better and called a play to stop them at the goal line for the 2pt conversion if the exact play was already known? Your stupid is showing. 

11 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I've been hearing about the implosion, or destruction of the Republican party for years, it's not happening. It's like the phrase "I can't wait for the olds to die, then we can change." Yet gun laws have been expanded, abortion is being limited, and crypto is looked at much more favorable. The people who say that phrase definitely aren't in favor of those things.

Phase 1 is already complete. All that you mentioned didn't happen because the party is healthy it's because they took advantage of the system while they were in power in an attempt to keep it. The GOP is dead ask mitt and liz, it is now the GQP. GQP goes away after they lose again after trying to cheat and then Democrats who align with traditional conservatives will magically get those votes and the progressives will splinter off or be forced out by the new traditional conservatives (not alt/far right, centrist right) 

This happened before with Republicans and Democrats idk why your brain has a hard time comprehending history. It may still be called the Republican party and Democrat party but the identities will be unrecognizable to today. Although I wouldn't be surprised because of the extremism in GOP that it went away all together. 

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I have some bad news for you.

I have seen no indication that high turnout = democrat loss.

I have seen indication that there are plans to prevent high turnout = democrat loss.

The bad news is that there is some success in limiting the ability for people to vote. The good news is that this is pissing people off and there is major spend actually getting out the vote. Demographically states are changing and it wouldn't be a surprise if NC turned blue and GA stayed blue and FL flipped blue (again) with the right candidate. TX we won't know about until we see what happens in 2022 and who the candidate is in 2024 as the hispanic population was a wildcard in TX voting overwhelmingly for "macho man" Trump breaking from their traditional support of faceless Dem candidates. 

32 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

While true, what a weird thing to flex about.

"The Republican party can't ever get too shitty, destructive, or crazy enough to splinter or lose my vote!"

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, workswithseed said:

Every accusation is a yada yada yada. 

Except that Democrats aren't trying to keep the party together outside of not getting completely fucked - as soon as it's majority dem in both senate and house they will splinter immediately along the progressive and conventional lines that are already clear within the party. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, immamac said:

I have seen indication that there are plans to prevent high turnout = democrat loss.

The bad news is that there is some success in limiting the ability for people to vote. The good news is that this is pissing people off and there is major spend actually getting out the vote. Demographically states are changing and it wouldn't be a surprise if NC turned blue and GA stayed blue and FL flipped blue (again) with the right candidate. TX we won't know about until we see what happens in 2022 and who the candidate is in 2024 as the hispanic population was a wildcard in TX voting overwhelmingly for "macho man" Trump breaking from their traditional support of faceless Dem candidates. 

I am under the impression that in the Virginia governor's race turnout was very high and Rs won.  

17 minutes ago, immamac said:

Of course not, but my point was we aren't going to see high turnout.  Not nearly as high as 2020.  People have gotten tired of it.  It's hard to stay engaged for almost a decade.  Rs will turn out and cheat their way to victory.  

I know personally that I'm going to stay the course through 2024, but if it goes awry, I'm out.

28 minutes ago, immamac said:

Wrong again, you don't know how anything works. It was AZ -11 GA-16 and WI-10 (37 EV) and ALL 3 would have needed to happen for a TIE which would have inevitably been a Trump win. 

This is quite literally what I posted. Your football analogies are fucking stupid and your about three posts away from telling all of us you think the Clintons murdered people again.

damn, I hate football analogies.

The midterms and the next pres election will be determined by turnout, as have been all elections since the history of elections. Sure, there will be R fuckery, but an overwhelming D turnout would be more than enough to overcome that.

I don't know, but I worry that dem turnout will be low, and the "independents" will lean R, and that will flip the sentate and house, and possibly the presidency. Why will dem turnout be low and independents lean R? Because people are fucking stupid and they think:

1) inflation is the biggest existential threat this country has ever faced (not true)

2) inflation is all Biden's fault (not true)

"muh inflation!!"

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Why will dem turnout be low and independents lean R? Because people are fucking stupid and they think:

1) inflation is the biggest existential threat this country has ever faced (not true)

2) inflation is all Biden's fault (not true)

"muh inflation!!"

I would agree with the bolded, but not as much your suspicions.  Well, yes, people are fucking stupid, but in my opinion, they think dotard was the issue and not the overall R party.  They think it is over now that he's out.  So the "independents" (whatever) will lean R because they are really just Rs in I clothing and the Dems will not turn out as high.

Of course, if he runs again, that might boost the D turnout again, but I do think people are also beaten down with the fight.  It's draining to pay this much attention for so long.  

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

“Joke”  

huh

Your argument is that he was a sexual deviant and wanted to cop a feel over some body armor? Okay, sure, I'm fine with calling it assault by today's standards. Point being, he was a fucking moron and got rightfully kicked out office (err, allowed to resign in disgrace). That wouldn't even be a speed bump for today's GOP. They play by completely different rules and won't even oust a horrible pile of shit who accosts school shooting survivors and attends white nationalist conferences because "giving in" to liberals is worse for their brand than being truly heinous trash people. You claim to hate what Trumpism did to the party, but yet you defend it at every turn.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

You claim to hate what Trumpism did to the party, but yet you defend it at every turn.

I’m not defending anything, but just thought it was funny. I’m in the “bad joke” group. But today, that’s no longer a “joke”.  That’s why I quoted that.  But there was plenty of guys on the D side that didn’t think he should have been removed. Should he have? Meh. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think most of us agree that Biden ain't all that great.

But it's absolutely flabbergasting that his approval is this low.  Especially considering what the immediate alternative was and probably will be.  Do people think that bleating about bortion and CRT and "don't say gay" would solve inflation or bring peace to Ukraine?

We really do live in a confederacy of dunces.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

But it's absolutely flabbergasting that his approval is this low.  Especially considering what the immediate alternative was and probably will be.  Do people think that bleating about bortion and CRT and "don't say gay" would solve inflation or bring peace to Ukraine?

I think Biden is pretty effing good and in many important policy ways, much better than Obama.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

But it's absolutely flabbergasting that his approval is this low.  Especially considering what the immediate alternative was and probably will be.  Do people think that bleating about bortion and trans bathroom bills would solve inflation or bring peace to Ukraine?

Elevated inflation is a destructive force, especially for middle class and below. It’s no surprise that the only demo he’s positive in is the professional class. White, college degree. It’s also why you, and this board, are flabbergasted. 

The inflation is not all his fault obviously, but it falls to him as President now. It’s easy to stick to him for a couple reasons. First of all, as inflation ramped over the last year, he spent a large amount of energy publicly pushing for extra spending via BBB. In retrospect it looks like we dodged a bullet there. 

Secondly, the high price of gas is a big problem. People on this board will it’s complex and not all his fault and that’s true, but he publicly campaigned strongly against the oil and gas industry. When increasing supply is seen by many to be the cure and you’ve been against that, you’re seen as part of the problem. See today’s remarks by Janet Yellen saying we need to redouble our efforts at decarbonizing. People see that and think how the fuck is that going to help anything. 

Also, the Twitter and media class of the Democratic Party are far left socially of much of the country. Most of the country sees a bill where you’re eliminating talk of sexual orientation at school with early elementary kids and says why are these people screeching like it’s the end of the world?

I can’t tell you if that’s a man or a woman, I’m not a biologist etc. Huh?

Hope that helps. Probably won’t. 

Edited by Immaculate Vibes
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

You realize that orange baboon made a two year deal with the Saudis during the pandemic to decrease production until April 2022. I paid 3.35 today and that's completely reasonable in 2022. The airlines are even able to pass along the fuel bill successfully. This gas shit will sort itself out.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Elevated inflation is a destructive force, especially for middle class and below. It’s no surprise that the only demo he’s positive in is the professional class. White, college degree. It’s also why you, and this board, are flabbergasted. 

The inflation is not all his fault obviously, but it falls to him as President now. It’s easy to stick to him for a couple reasons. First of all, as inflation ramped over the last year, he spent a large amount of energy publicly pushing for extra spending via BBB. In retrospect it looks like we dodged a bullet there. 

Secondly, the high price of gas is a big problem. People on this board will it’s complex and not all his fault and that’s true, but he publicly campaigned strongly against the oil and gas industry. When increasing supply is seen by many to be the cure and you’ve been against that, you’re seen as part of the problem. See today’s remarks by Janet Yellen saying we need to redouble our efforts at decarbonizing. People see that and think how the fuck is that going to help anything. 

Also, the Twitter and media class of the Democratic Party are far left socially of much of the country. Most of the country sees a bill where you’re eliminating talk of sexual orientation at school with early elementary kids and says why are these people screeching like it’s the end of the world?

So basically, we live in a confederacy of dunces, as Twice said.  Cool, we agree.

I'm just blown away at the fact that so many people think Keystone would have somehow been the magic bullet that solved all our problems. It's all over the comments across the interwebs though so someone is pushing that narrative. It's infuriating how ignorant people are when it comes to something they depend on for so much.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Live look at Surly Leftists 

Angry John Goodman GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think it's fair to give America a little bit of credit and assume that "disapprove" doesn't necessarily mean "would have preferred the alternative."

Though, we can take that credit right back when acknowledging that $6 gas means the heads have to roll, and that it's always going to fall on the President.

• Hook 'Em 1

In a era of militant freedom, what’s shame got to do with it? Stimulating read:

Times Opinion and Siena College commissioned a poll in February in an appeal to consider shame a public problem. The poll found that 55 percent of people have “held their tongue” at least once over the past year for fear of retaliation or harsh criticism. I am a social scientist. I respect what surveys and polls can tell us about the world — and what they cannot. An older poll from a different time comes to mind. It is from 1964. By all historical accounts, public life in 1964 was fraught, dangerous and ultimately important to every debate we have today. The feminist movement was meeting the Black civil rights movement and the progressive left movement against a dangerous global geopolitical backdrop. White backlash to the end of legal segregation was violent, coercive … and normal. The fight to maintain those norms, no matter how violently oppressive they were for some, made a lot of people feel shamed…

A Times survey that year found that 54 percent of white New Yorkers said the civil rights movement was going too fast. The argument went that Black enfranchisement caused white resentment. It was a Catch-22, since white resentment was the reason the civil rights movement was necessary. Polls and surveys are snapshots. As with a photograph, we can see only what is in the frame. At their best, most systematic and most mathy, polls can only ever capture who we are and not who we should be...

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/12/opinion/whats-shame-got-to-do-with-it.html

15 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Joe Biden won the election because of 50k votes in 3 states. The Kansas analogy is fucking stupid immamac and digging in is regarded.

No, Biden won 306 to 232.  Those are the numbers that matter.  The 50k stuff you are spewing is rationalization.  The 7 million vote margin stings so like an aggy talks about the 90s you want to pick a subset of states to make it look closer than it was.

13 hours ago, workswithseed said:

12 hours ago, aggie08 said:

While true, what a weird thing to flex about.

"The Republican party can't ever get too shitty, destructive, or crazy enough to splinter or lose my vote!"

12 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Every accusation is a yada yada yada. 

The Republican party has been imploded/dead as a political party for years. Anyone with real Republican values has pretty much left the criminal organization that calls itself the GOP. The GOP is the anti-republic party now seeking power after power with no regard for any other consequences. 

It's not politics. It's not even political issues. The GOP has no philosophy other than embracing lies and being content to overturn our democratic institutions and the Constitution itself to seize power.

You can't both sides the GOPs and Dems because they are different species with different goals. Grow the fuck up.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

This is quite literally what I posted. Your football analogies are fucking stupid and your about three posts away from telling all of us you think the Clintons murdered people again.

Wait immamac thinks the Clintons killed people? Interesting 

You Trump tards aren’t wrong on a lot of this.  Gas prices and inflation will stick to Biden.  In most ways he just is the guy who wound up holding the bag during a perfect storm of economic chaos.  But that won’t matter, and it probably shouldn’t.  Regardless of how we got here, it’s his job to steer the country through its crises.

64% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck and that paycheck is getting effectively slashed and slashed.   That’s an awful lot of voters motivated to look for change in the midterms and beyond.  The party in power is about to receive a shocking rejoinder from those voters.

It’s the economy, stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Yeah unfortunately many conservatives are increasingly subscribing to Great Replacement Theory-type ideas. David Shor, head of data science at Blue Rose Research, is pretty good at analyzing and explaining electoral trends. His current data suggests DeSantis (assuming Trump is neutered) will win in ‘24 with a filibuster proof majority in the Senate. There’s a very real chance that a jackass like Chris Rufo will be part of the DeSantis/Reynolds administration. We’re fucked because that jackass loves legislation that “preserves family values” (any intelligent person knows what that means). I’ve lurked on this board for a while and used to think you were too dramatic, but you’re spot on about what the GOP really wants America to look like.

A filibuster proof senate is virtually impossible for either party at this point given the level of polarization. The GOP could flip Democratic seats in Montana, WV, WI, OH, PA, MI x 2, and GA x 2, and still be short. Beyond that you’re talking about winning some states to the left of the nation, which is inherently a pretty blue category given democrats reliably win the popular vote. This also ignores the fact that the senate doesn’t fully cycle through for six years.

Now, if the GOP has a senate majority in 24 and needs to kill the filibuster, they will, and democrats will absolutely cry about it after they declined to do so.

If we do go down the path of proto-fascist corporate feudalism, I wouldn’t go so far to say dems are fully vested partners, but they would not be blameless either after having two years of full control and failing to do anything about it.
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

You Trump tards aren’t wrong on a lot of this.  Gas prices and inflation will stick to Biden.  In most ways he just is the guy who wound up holding the bag during a perfect storm of economic chaos.  But that won’t matter, and it probably shouldn’t.  Regardless of how we got here, it’s his job to steer the country through its crises.

64% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck and that paycheck is getting effectively slashed and slashed.   That’s an awful lot of voters motivated to look for change in the midterms and beyond.  The party in power is about to receive a shocking rejoinder from those voters.

It’s the economy, stupid.

And how the GOP has positioned itself as the party protecting the little guy is a master class in marketing and manipulation.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

8 hours ago, TexasEd said:

No, Biden won 306 to 232.  Those are the numbers that matter.  The 50k stuff you are spewing is rationalization.  The 7 million vote margin stings so like an aggy talks about the 90s you want to pick a subset of states to make it look closer than it was.

Yes Biden won the EC 306-232. The gap is thanks to 50k votes decided the election in 3 states, that is a fact not a rationalization, and a number that matters. Nobody’s talking about Hillary Clinton’s dominating 3 million popular vote victory. 

Edited by StassneyHorn

Yeah, this. #bothsides of this “debate” are correct. Republicans are correct that inflation is going to crush Democratic prospects in the midterms. We’re absolutely looking at a GOP House and the Senate is more likely than not to flip as well, though Democratic prospects are better there.

Democrats are correct that most of that is not really in control of the US government. Democratic messaging has been bad (the sun rises in the east), divisions within the party have stalled progress on legislation that can be pointed to as progress, and the American electorate has the attention span of a toddler.

There is a lot of stupidity coming out of the Republican side, as our resident aggy have illustrated spectacularly, but it really doesn’t matter in this inflationary climate. The people are going to take out their frustration on the party in power.

21 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

I am under the impression that in the Virginia governor's race turnout was very high and Rs won.  

If Dems run fuck sticks like Terry McAuliffe and other races, they will probably lose those races. He is a terrible human and poster boy for corrupt campaign finance. They need to do better

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

And how the GOP has positioned itself as the party protecting the little guy is a master class in marketing and manipulation.

I agree, but I think those people that have bought into that were always going to vote R no matter what.  What’s going to make the midterms and likely 2024 a bloodbath will be all the people who aren’t really tuned into politics who are now looking for who to blame for why they were able to afford rent, transportation and food last year but cant this year.  Their glare is going to settle on the political party in power right now and it’s not because the GOP has brainwashed them.

Edited by Goredho
  • Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Yeah, this. #bothsides of this “debate” are correct. Republicans are correct that inflation is going to crush Democratic prospects in the midterms. We’re absolutely looking at a GOP House and the Senate is more likely than not to flip as well, though Democratic prospects are better there.

Democrats are correct that most of that is not really in control of the US government. Democratic messaging has been bad (the sun rises in the east), divisions within the party have stalled progress on legislation that can be pointed to as progress, and the American electorate has the attention span of a toddler.

There is a lot of stupidity coming out of the Republican side, as our resident aggy have illustrated spectacularly, but it really doesn’t matter in this inflationary climate. The people are going to take out their frustration on the party in power.

The frustrating part is that anyone with an attention span longer than a squirrel can tell the seeds of this inflation were planted in the previous administration.

• Oil prices were kept artificially low to starve out competition and consolidate power. The natural result is less competition.
  • COVID shut down almost the whole world with disruptions in supply chains, reallocation of the workforce and the costs incurred to keep things going.
  • Increasing the money supply and printing checks because of COVID driving demand in spite of the supply chain problems
  • The economy is reopening and the historically low demand for things like gas is going up. Corporations are reaping the profits of the high demand/low supply they created.
  • Add these all up and Boom, inflation. 

TFG would have been dealing with it too.  nothing he would do would "force" the O&G companies to release more.  Only thing might have slowed it is that the sanctions on Russia probably would not have materialized.

If I walk into a garden and see a guy pulling weeds that are everywhere and blame the gardener for a shitty garden without recognizing they are coming from senile guy on the bench throwing crappy birdseed all over the place, that failure is on me.  

But instead we get prices high = Biden's fault.

Edited by TexasEd

On 4/12/2022 at 10:11 PM, immamac said:

this is fucking stupid - no it wasn't. Obama won twice, not once. Neither were particularly close. Trump mobilized a base of typical non-voters and people that usually voted got apathetic because Hillary Clinton was a harsh reality no one wanted to face. 

Joe Biden won by over 7M votes and ~5% of the popular over Trump. It wasn't as close as the media portrayed it, although it was nerve racking. Obviously there were things that happened post election that made it even more fucking insane. Even if Trump wins in GA and AZ, Joe Biden is still president. 

If turnout remains high Republicans will likely never win an election until they come back to center right.

On 4/13/2022 at 7:53 AM, immamac said:

Incorrect - seems you watched to much MSM. It was over and then trump did stupid shit to try to make it seem like it wasn't. Sure Trump tried to interfere with the election and that's scary, but the votes were the votes and it was the highest turnout by numbers EVER.

Except he won 0 out of those 3, did losing to Kansas in OT feel nice as a longhorns team? Oh wait no it didn't, because they won. 

This is incorrect on so many levels - part of the Trump movement was invigorating these working class voters to vote. The same is true with the places democrats had excellent turnout (hint: Georgia) 

Texas and Florida are like this for pretty obvious reasons, those people think their vote is worthless because the outcome is predetermined. 

Landslide is a bit strong, but it was a healthy win. The EC isn't indicative of the full story as huge states (California included) are winner take all instead of split with split single votes needing to go to the winner of the popular. 

Biden won by 10+ points in every age group 18-45, it's not just young people who are out on the republican party, they are in an existential crisis as their voter base dies off and becomes irrelevant (read: old white people who are uneducated) the rural voter keeps it close, and that population is somewhat stable, but the population of uneducated white people (or people in general) is declining at an incredibly high pace compared to educated persons. 

2024 will be interesting and if Republicans win I suspect there will be fuckery to keep them in power easier. If not Democrats just keep on trucking and don't need to change fuck all for rules and they will just win easily in 2028/2032 and after the implosion of the republican party we will split the dems into 2 parties, one centrist right and one progressive left (which may I remind people is center left for the rest of the world). 

It will quickly devolve into a game of young vs old and it will be mainly because old folks for the most part cannot grasp the rate of societal change that has happened during their post formative years lifetime. (40+)

I'm sure fox news and cnn have everyone spooked though and big bad gay haters and white supremacists are the majority of America (spoiler: they aren't they are just voted in right now) 

On 4/13/2022 at 8:40 AM, immamac said:

The fact that you don't know how the world works is what is stupid, the Kansas analogy is perfect they won by 1 point. A win is a win if doesn't matter how fucking close. There weren't 50k people that voted differently stop trying to play revisionist historian like they did.

22 hours ago, immamac said:

They wouldn't be able to overcome anything it doesn't matter and already happened. Do you think we would have tackled better and called a play to stop them at the goal line for the 2pt conversion if the exact play was already known? Your stupid is showing. 

Phase 1 is already complete. All that you mentioned didn't happen because the party is healthy it's because they took advantage of the system while they were in power in an attempt to keep it. The GOP is dead ask mitt and liz, it is now the GQP. GQP goes away after they lose again after trying to cheat and then Democrats who align with traditional conservatives will magically get those votes and the progressives will splinter off or be forced out by the new traditional conservatives (not alt/far right, centrist right) 

This happened before with Republicans and Democrats idk why your brain has a hard time comprehending history. It may still be called the Republican party and Democrat party but the identities will be unrecognizable to today. Although I wouldn't be surprised because of the extremism in GOP that it went away all together. 

Mercifully, Steve Jobs died before these posts.

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon