Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

3 minutes ago, troph said:

well we can't outlaw all guns dude. but unless you tell me there are nearly no assault weapon massacres then your point is more hollow than my hollow point home defense ammo.

Fort Hood was also committed with a 5.7 btw, not dissimilar from your Glock.  A semiautomatic pistol.  It's likely got a similar capacity to your glock.  Smaller projectiles, even.  

I said it upthread, and will say it again.  I understand your position.  We happen to disagree on it.   You want to remove them, I'd rather make them harder to get, but available for those that have proven they are sane.  Please do understand that with $2000, there are 15 different types of guns that aren't an AR 15 that have the same fire rate, same of higher velocity (shoutout to 2scoops), same high capacity magazines, same tacticool look, and depending on your personal preference, may be more ergonomic for you to handle.  

AR15's are easy to get, and a very good mousetrap, so they are used.  If you melted every single one down tomorrow, then we'd be here next May bitching about the mini-14 some kid mowed down his class with.   

It's a frustrating issue, I understand.  I'll get behind laws that do things, not point to scapegoats for political gain.

25 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

This is extremely important - and also, there's not a huge variety of cheap, widely available aftermarket accessories available for the Tavor.  Hell, even the (vastly superior) quite common Mini-14 has a far smaller selection.
Serious criminals use Mini-14's and they are common in law enforcement and guerilla combat, but not many mass shootings by disordered personalities. The marketing ecosystem around them just doesn't support it.

As you say, there are lots of alternatives. Agree. So where are they? The AR-15 is unique. 

Ruger Announces New Mini-14 Tactical Models

if they have access to both, the mass shooter is going to choose the bottom one 10 times out of 10. 

I don't believe any conservative who says they want to make it harder to get AR-15 variants.  If you vote for Greg Abbott, you vote for the guy who literally says he thinks raising the purchase age from 18 to 21 is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

This of course leads to the question:  doesn't this mean ANY age limit is unconstitutional?

You support this shit.  Own it.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't believe any conservative who says they want to make it harder to get AR-15 variants.  If you vote for Greg Abbott, you vote for the guy who literally says he thinks raising the purchase age from 18 to 21 is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

This of course leads to the question:  doesn't this mean ANY age limit is unconstitutional?

neal gorsuch looking in his dictionary from 1953 approves.  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Oh, it's more than that.  The GQP in Texas has literally made it ILLEGAL for the state to do business with any business that decides not to do business with AR-15 manufacturers, EVEN THOUGH that law is on track to cost Texas taxpayers an estimated nearly $1 billion this year (due to less competitive interest rates because the GQP has banned multiple lenders from doing business with Texas governmental entities).  They are costing us a billion dollars NOT because ARs are banned or not, but because they won't even let us do business with businesses that choose not to support the AR-15 industry.

They are charging every one of us money to indulge in their psychopathic masturbatory gun fetish.  And Fatty thinks these are the good guys, here to protect us and our way of life.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 3

25 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Matt Gaetz came in his pants

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

37 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Fort Hood was also committed with a 5.7 btw, not dissimilar from your Glock.  A semiautomatic pistol.  It's likely got a similar capacity to your glock.  Smaller projectiles, even.  

I said it upthread, and will say it again.  I understand your position.  We happen to disagree on it.   You want to remove them, I'd rather make them harder to get, but available for those that have proven they are sane.  Please do understand that with $2000, there are 15 different types of guns that aren't an AR 15 that have the same fire rate, same of higher velocity (shoutout to 2scoops), same high capacity magazines, same tacticool look, and depending on your personal preference, may be more ergonomic for you to handle.  

AR15's are easy to get, and a very good mousetrap, so they are used.  If you melted every single one down tomorrow, then we'd be here next May bitching about the mini-14 some kid mowed down his class with.   

It's a frustrating issue, I understand.  I'll get behind laws that do things, not point to scapegoats for political gain.

dude, you're not getting it. gun regulation cannot be absolute, nor perfect. but everything I outlined would help. nothing I've said is untrue. you quibble with it with gotcha exceptions. Yes I have a 17 round clip (4 of them actually) for my Glock. Outlaw it and I'll give it back if that's the definition of a high capacity mag.

AR-15s are one of many, all of them need to be banned, we use AR-15 as a catch all and yet you think telling me there are a bunch more somehow bolsters your argument. No, understand, we think all assault rifles should be banned.

we need universal background checks, we need cooling off periods, red flag laws, we need higher ages for purchase, probably gun training requirements, all of it. 

and none of that will eliminate gun murders, but all of that will help reduce the number of lives lost in gun massacres, that's a fact. the absolute truth of the matter is more people are killed because of high capacity mags and assault weapons. so you keep lecturing about it as though you are right on the issue because of this gun or that gun, or this spec or that spec. nothing you are arguing changes the facts about this situation, when high capacity mags and/or assault weapons are used, more people die per massacre.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Your guy supports murdering babies.  I’ll take mine.  

Had you said fetuses (foeti,) you would have made a true statement. Instead you lied for effect. Rather than detail those religions that also support termination rights, I will point out that you have expressed no reservations on the unConstitutional means used to realize your religious view on the subject. Rights can be stripped from individuals only through Amendments to the Constitution, SCOTUS enumerated the right to privacy (see the ninth Amendment.) To be fair, chump rhetoric is the best you can manage.

The flip side is that piecemeal-ing the legalization of abortion nationally- and interracial (and same sex) marriage, etc- might be Constitutionally kosher, but it is an illusory victory for freedom. A future Congress can pass new laws. Perhaps reversing legal abortion, perhaps making abortion mandatory. 

It is past time to respond to the current wingnut activist SCOTUS- and begin the process of ratifying an Amendment that reaffirms the right to privacy. The ninth is too difficult for the chumps and wingnuts to comprehend.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

Ruger Announces New Mini-14 Tactical Models

if they have access to both, the mass shooter is going to choose the bottom one 10 times out of 10. 

Those are both Mini-14s, and the mass shooter chooses neither. That’s the point.

There’s a limited set of aftermarket crap and it all costs more than the AR equivalent. So, despite the Mini 14 being better at most gun things than most AR-15s, the mass shooter chooses the AR. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Had you said fetuses (foeti,) you would have made a true statement. Instead you lied for effect. Rather than detail those religions that also support termination rights, I will point out that you have expressed no reservations on the unConstitutional means used to realize your religious view on the subject. Rights can be stripped from individuals only through Amendments to the Constitution, SCOTUS enumerated the right to privacy (see the ninth Amendment.) To be fair, chump rhetoric is the best you can manage.

The flip side is that piecemeal-ing the legalization of abortion nationally- and interracial (and same sex) marriage, etc- might be Constitutionally kosher, but it is an illusory victory for freedom. A future Congress can pass new laws. Perhaps reversing legal abortion, perhaps making abortion mandatory. 

It is past time to respond to the current wingnut activist SCOTUS- and begin the process of ratifying an Amendment that reaffirms the right to privacy. The ninth is too difficult for the chumps and wingnuts to comprehend.

Willfully Horn

Martin_Prince.png.15ef5d04d6be79837fdbc55abf722441.png

Sack

simpsons_nelson_haha1-1.jpg.f154543d6660b3b25c016dd006da3659.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

So, despite the Mini 14 being better at most gun things than most AR-15s, the mass shooter chooses the AR. 

Please explain this in the hobbies thread. 

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

He's right; you're aggy to the core...or corp...whatever.   Don't you have a gloryhole to man?

Your girl took the day off? 

14 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Those are both Mini-14s, and the mass shooter chooses neither. That’s the point.

There’s a limited set of aftermarket crap and it all costs more than the AR equivalent. So, despite the Mini 14 being better at most gun things than most AR-15s, the mass shooter chooses the AR. 

i know they're both mini-14s.  that's why i highlighted mini-14 in your post.  if the mass shooter were raiding dad's gun cabinet and there's both of those sitting there, they're taking the tacticool one.  if there isn't a tacticool one there maybe the shooter grabs it, but far more likely they go down to the gun shop (closer, on average, than a mcdonalds), see the racks of ARs behind the counter with low price tags, and gets one of those. 

and of course dad's gun cabinet is far more likely to have the AR than either mini-14 in it, for the same reason. 

Edited by elfenix

There is no particularly meaningful difference between those mini14s and an AR15, imo.  I am not sure what the point being made is.  The AR platform is the most popular rifle platform in the country. The mini14, while functionally equivalent in most regards, is much less popular.  Production numbers are hard to find, but seems quite likely there are an order of magnitude more ARs in circulation.  

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

There is no particularly meaningful difference between those mini14s and an AR15, imo.  I am not sure what the point being made is.  The AR platform is the most popular rifle platform in the country. The mini14, while functionally equivalent in most regards, is much less popular.  Production numbers are hard to find, but seems quite likely there are an order of magnitude more ARs in circulation.  

You would agree that the phrase "assault rifle" doesn't mean anything, right? And yet what you, Fatty and the gun grabbers who lean into ignorance of the subject matter seem to agree on is that that they are functionally equivalent.  Seems very ironic. What do you call this category of functionally equivalent rifle that does basically the same thing?

What I'm saying is that functional equivalence isn't relevant. Product, price, promotion and placement matter a lot. it's the 300/Charger thing. Despite being functionally identical to an Altima you never see a Q50 with paper plates and a busted tail light parked in the vacuum stalls at the car wash. 

The AR-15 is the weapon of choice for mass shooters in America. What items hypothetically could be otherwise is just a diversion from the fact that the AR-15 is that thing.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

You would agree that the phrase "assault rifle" doesn't mean anything, right? And yet what you, Fatty and the gun grabbers who lean into ignorance of the subject matter seem to agree on is that that they are functionally equivalent.  Seems very ironic. What do you call this category of functionally equivalent rifle that does basically the same thing?

What I'm saying is that functional equivalence isn't relevant. Product, price, promotion and placement matter a lot. it's the 300/Charger thing. Despite being functionally identical to an Altima you never see a Q50 with paper plates and a busted tail light parked in the vacuum stalls at the car wash. 

The AR-15 is the weapon of choice for mass shooters in America. What items hypothetically could be otherwise is just a diversion from the fact that the AR-15 is that thing.

Carry it over to the hobbies thread and let’s discuss. Tired of the negs and no ones mind going to be changed here (or there). 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

Who the fuck gives a shit. It's a device that makes it easier to kill people. Regulate it. Nobody cares about the differences between them.

i wonder if some 1790s style militia acts would work.  must register with local officials, must regularly attend training, may be called to service, etc.  at least that would be 'deeply rooted in our nation's history.' 

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

these guys did a ton of damage with mini-14's !

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNgik1HdYF8ny2HYB2JmM

• Hook 'Em 3

56 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

You would agree that the phrase "assault rifle" doesn't mean anything, right?

I think that the phrase does have a meaning.  An assault rifle is an intermediate caliber select fire weapon in a small form factor. 

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

And yet what you, Fatty and the gun grabbers who lean into ignorance of the subject matter seem to agree on is that that they are functionally equivalent.  Seems very ironic. What do you call this category of functionally equivalent rifle that does basically the same thing?

Not sure what exactly is ironic.  A Mini-14 and an AR-15 are functionally equivalent rifles.  Both are semi-automatic magazine fed rifles that shoot 556.  Doesn't matter if that mini is dressed in black or, like the one in my closet, a wood stock with stainless barrel. 

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Well this is an entirely different conversation, and one that is probably a total waste of time as far as discussion around gun control is concerned. 

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

these guys did a ton of damage with mini-14's !

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNgik1HdYF8ny2HYB2JmM

AC556's, not mini-14s. Those were real assault rifles. 

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

How the fuck are the last 3 pages about gun control?  Has Biden even mentioned that today?

Can't speak for anyone else, was I was just quick scrolling the last few pages and saw pictures of some fugly mini-14s and felt compelled to respond. 

12 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

How the fuck are the last 3 pages about gun control?  Has Biden even mentioned that today?

Yes. AR-15’s fire projectiles that travel 5x faster than any other gun.  Obviously, something that can shoot bullets that  travel 21,000fps should to be off the streets. Get with the program. 

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, it's more than that.  The GQP in Texas has literally made it ILLEGAL for the state to do business with any business that decides not to do business with AR-15 manufacturers, EVEN THOUGH that law is on track to cost Texas taxpayers an estimated nearly $1 billion this year (due to less competitive interest rates because the GQP has banned multiple lenders from doing business with Texas governmental entities).  They are costing us a billion dollars NOT because ARs are banned or not, but because they won't even let us do business with businesses that choose not to support the AR-15 industry.

They are charging every one of us money to indulge in their psychopathic masturbatory gun fetish.  And Fatty thinks these are the good guys, here to protect us and our way of life.

Moving away from Texas sounds like a pretty cool thing to do. 

It’s here again, Jobsgiving eve. Say your prayers to Joe in the church you are able to attend in person every Sunday, maybe light a candle to remind you he killed COVID and survived the assassination attempt without any bluster or helicopter rides. Get in your car with the $3 gas and eat two, not one, scoops of Rocky Road with your disposable income after the 10k student loan forgiveness. Commit yourself to the one true Job Creator in Chief. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

It’s here again, Jobsgiving eve. Say your prayers to Joe in the church you are able to attend in person every Sunday, maybe light a candle to remind you he killed COVID and survived the assassination attempt without any bluster or helicopter rides. Get in your car with the $3 gas and eat two, not one, scoops of Rocky Road with your disposable income after the 10k student loan forgiveness. Commit yourself to the one true Job Creator in Chief. 

Are we expecting another good report that will make the doom sayers shut up for a week?

5 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Are we expecting another good report that will make the doom sayers shut up for a week?

Expected to add 300k jobs, no change in unemployment rate and hourly wages up by half a percent is what I read 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I grew up w/ guns and hunting.  I've hunted deer, dove, duck, quail, etc.  I've had great times w/ family and friends, in the field. 

But, holy shit, I'll never get the gun fetish, though.  Why is it necessary to have an arsenal big enough for a platoon? So fucking weird.  So....pathetic.

So I've come to the conclusion that, literally, the only reason I can think of for this particular fetish, is a small penis.  

So, everytime I see/hear someone ranting about their rights to have unfettered access for all..young, old, mentally disturbed,...basically anyone white: all I hear is:

So we get to live in a gun saturated society b/c a bunch of needle-dicked, insecure pussies can't come to terms w/ their winkies. 

• Hook 'Em 4