Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Why didn’t they do the revealing ceremony for Obama under Trump? Is there a real reason other than Trump is a piece of shit?

You think that insecure piece of crap would invite Obama back?

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

Trump literally just stands up there and says whatever random things come to mind…Zuck was at the WH groveling to him last week, Obama so handsome, etc.  People who watch that ‘rally’ and think ‘yep, that’s my guy’ are truly lost.  

This statement works for any point in the past 7 years.  There are a fuck ton of truly lost people.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Trump literally just stands up there and says whatever random things come to mind…Zuck was at the WH groveling to him last week, Obama so handsome, etc.  People who watch that ‘rally’ and think ‘yep, that’s my guy’ are truly lost.  

Full House 90S Tv GIF

the dumbest people alive. just read their posts here

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Why didn’t they do the revealing ceremony for Obama under Trump? Is there a real reason other than Trump is a piece of shit?

so per that twitter clip, it's presidential protocol / tradition and the current president hosts the former president to unveil their portrait but it DIDN'T happen that way when trump was in office. such a low class human being. 

here's how it's supposed to work ..

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Wow. 

There's senior mental lapses, aphasia, whatever.  They happen with older folks without meaning theyve really lost it.

That, however, conflating reality (recent Zuckerberg allegations regarding FBI) and his fucking fever dreams (that he should be in the White House) seems pretty indicative of a really fucked up mind.

That whole speech, holy shit. He keeps repeating the Duterte idea of executing drug dealers and it doesn't make a ripple. I'm sure some of the "both sides, no one loves freedom more than me" libertarians will be along any minute to admit that one side is indeed worse. The left pretty consistently pushes legalization of at least weed. The Maga right cheers their idiot calling for drug dealers to be executed but Both Sides!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

That whole speech, holy shit. He keeps repeating the Duterte idea of executing drug dealers and it doesn't make a ripple. I'm sure some of the "both sides, no one loves freedom more than me" libertarians will be along any minute to admit that one side is indeed worse. The left pretty consistently pushes legalization of at least weed. The Maga right cheers their idiot calling for drug dealers to be executed but Both Sides!

And I guarandamntee you he lumps governors and legislators of states with legal weed as “drug dealers”.

On 9/2/2022 at 10:15 PM, Biff Tannen said:

It does seem we may be finally reaching a larger audience that understands these fucksticks have to be dealt with in much less polite manners. 

I love the John Stewart quote above, "I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance."  Damn, that hits home.  The holidays will be spicy this year.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Bojack said:

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

And I guarandamntee you he lumps governors and legislators of states with legal weed as “drug dealers”.

But not the Sackler family and their billion dollar opiod empire.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, tigol said:

I love the John Stewart quote above, "I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance."  Damn, that hits home.  The holidays will be spicy this year.

I fully plan on implementing this into my life.  Fortunately, I don't tend to see these people in my real life, so I probably won't get to use it much.

24 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I fully plan on implementing this into my life.  Fortunately, I don't tend to see these people in my real life, so I probably won't get to use it much.

I'm not the hero anyone deserves.  I'm the muthafucka that everyone gets on a certain side of my family.  Rolling with Dark Brandon this year.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

so per that twitter clip, it's presidential protocol / tradition and the current president hosts the former president to unveil their portrait but it DIDN'T happen that way when trump was in office. such a low class human being. 

here's how it's supposed to work ..

I still think Dubbya is, and might very well be far into the future, the most incompetent president in my life time ( born in the 80’s). I didn’t hate the man though. I just hated his administration. Dubbya did a masterful job of being this aww shucks good ole boy while hiring truly evil and terrible people to work for him behind the scenes.

they had the ultimate “ good cop / bad cop” thing going on with dubbya being the nice guy while dick Cheney, Karl rove, and Rumsfeld drove the country and the economy into the fucking ditch.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, tigol said:

Today will be spicy for us. Going to visit an elderly relative who is fairly cranky, and, I'm told, just sits and watches Fox. Preparing my best rictus grin for a session in 1957.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Today will be spicy for us. Going to visit an elderly relative who is fairly cranky, and, I'm told, just sits and watches Fox. Preparing my best rictus grin for a session in 1957.

I can’t stand more than a minute of “Hannity” all of his weird buzz words like lame stream media and fake news. The guy really is the ultimate jack ass.

• Drool 1

10 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

This phrase doesn’t make sense to me. While I don’t like to take in debt, I have taken put a couple of mortgages. I agreed to a price, arranged for a loan, and the seller was paid… with nothing but air?

Where did the money come from?

10 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

This phrase doesn’t make sense to me. While I don’t like to take in debt, I have taken put a couple of mortgages. I agreed to a price, arranged for a loan, and the seller was paid… with nothing but air?

The question is not what the seller was paid with, but rather, where the money came from that the bank used to pay the seller.

Read that link, and then watch this movie scene with new understanding. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

I can’t stand more than a minute of “Hannity” all of his weird buzz words like lame stream media and fake news. The guy really is the ultimate jack ass.

He’s a college dropout, and not in the ‘started a computer company in his garage’ type, but the ‘not good with book learning and says inflammatory shit to rile up the fellow rubes’ type.

A Washington tradition will resume on Wednesday when former president Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama return to the White House for the unveiling of their official portraits.

The decades-old custom — hosted by the current president to recognize his predecessor — was delayed for the Obamas, after former president Donald Trump neglected to invite them back to reveal their portraits.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2022/09/02/biden-to-host-obamas-white-house-portrait-

3 hours ago, Slacks said:

Where did the money come from?

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I remember that class, but apparently am too dense to see the air supply. Other than the bank using Ted’s money to loan to Joe for a house. Assets aren’t only capital, durable goods are also assets. 

Can gas you explain it to me like I’m in second grade?

I 

4 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

I remember that class, but apparently am too dense to see the air supply. Other than the bank using Ted’s money to loan to Joe for a house. Assets aren’t only capital, durable goods are also assets. 

Can gas you explain it to me like I’m in second grade?

I 

TLDR:  Banks do not have all of that money in the bank. They can make money out of thin air because they are only required to hold 10% of what they loan out.

So, when Will deposits $1,000, the bank can loan $10,000. $9,000 is created out of air, and through a loan, is distributed out to the market.

I'll give you a real example...  

Someone recently refinanced their home, "valued" at $300k.  A bank sitting on cash said, yeah, we'll loan you 75% of the value of your home.

Loan of $225k goes to person... Person spends $25k and deposits $200k in the bank, waiting for a reason to invest the money.

Their bank can loan another $2MM because the bank is only required to hold $200k in reserve.

If half that $2mm ($1mm) is deposited in the banking system, the banking system  can now loan out $10mm... Out of thin air.

If interest rates are low, people have an incentive to get as much "money" as they can out of assets.  

Then inflation happens, and everyone makes $100k plus a year and the price of everything goes nuts...

Out of thin air.

3 hours ago, Slacks said:

TLDR:  Banks do not have all of that money in the bank. They can make money out of thin air because they are only required to hold 10% of what they loan out.

So, when Will deposits $1,000, the bank can loan $10,000. $9,000 is created out of air, and through a loan, is distributed out to the market.

I'll give you a real example...  

Someone recently refinanced their home, "valued" at $300k.  A bank sitting on cash said, yeah, we'll loan you 75% of the value of your home.

Loan of $225k goes to person... Person spends $25k and deposits $200k in the bank, waiting for a reason to invest the money.

Their bank can loan another $2MM because the bank is only required to hold $200k in reserve.

If half that $2mm ($1mm) is deposited in the banking system, the banking system  can now loan out $10mm... Out of thin air.

If interest rates are low, people have an incentive to get as much "money" as they can out of assets.  

Then inflation happens, and everyone makes $100k plus a year and the price of everything goes nuts...

Out of thin air.

Thanks for the time and the explanation. At least I know your perspective and wasn’t missing something. I bet we would agree that banking regulations have historically devolved until shit collapsed and the succeeding cycle began with stricter standards. I hope we can agree that stricter standards buttress economic growth. I recall reading that the gold standard did not prevent these cycles.

I guess my disagreement is based on the Federal Reserve printing the cash that meets the loans, at the root, and a deep respect for what is created from what you call thin air. 

Edited by Willfully Horn
Phrasing