Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

13 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

That was a big question.  And the DOJ moved to dismiss for lack of subject-matter jurisdiction on that basis.  

But then, just to make doubly sure that there was no harm, the Department of Education came up with this opt-out procedure.  And based on the Plaintiffs' statements in their filings, automatically opted the Plaintiffs out.  So now there's really no damage (and hence no standing).

wait wait, i still wanted the 20k, i just wanted to file the stupid lawsuit first to show that doing a good thing can still make republicans upset! 

turn those machines back on!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

wait wait, i still wanted the 20k, i just wanted to file the stupid lawsuit first to show that doing a good thing can still make republicans upset! 

turn those machines back on!

I assume he wanted the $20k and some BMD gop group was kicking in the rest to wipe out his loans and debts as a thank you 

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

But stay for the punchline:

That's right, fuckfaces--not only is your federal lawsuit now moot, but you just lost $20,000.

It's not often the Department of Justice has a sense of humor.  But when it does, [chef's kiss].

Much fucking around and finding out. Wow. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

this is the definition of big dick energy !  now we know where hunter biden got it from 

14 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

giphy.gif

I’m old enough to remember earlier this morning when Biden was pretty thoroughly fucked with. 

What are y’all, goldfish? Sheesh. 

• Fuck You 14

4 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

GOP will side with OPEC and it won’t pass because the GOP doesn’t want us to have anything good or fun. Miserable bastards.

Go read the oil thread on 6th St. Journal, <--- that way.  They are openly rooting against the United States because Biden.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Go read the oil thread on 6th St. Journal, <--- that way.  They are openly rooting against the United States because Biden.

They’re called traitors and I don’t read their trash posts 

• Hook 'Em 4

48 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Those that are siding with OPEC are traitorious cunts.  Call them out and neg them.  Hell, we know @Humble Beast is a troll.  He is the poster formerly known as GRHorn and Immaculate Vibes.  His shit doesn't belong here.  

I don’t mind that much, as long as everybody knows who it is and what their sources or angles are.  It’s good to know what my sis-in-law is trying to push on her parents or what my parents might see in Facebook.  

1 hour ago, Humble Beast said:

I’m old enough to remember earlier this morning when Biden was pretty thoroughly fucked with. 

What are y’all, goldfish? Sheesh. 

Yeah, man!  Fucking awesome gas prices are going up!  That's what real Americans want, no pussy bitch solar power.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

@Porterhouse is part of the clan.

No, I’m not. You always have to qualify things when you enter CR, which is ridiculous, but I’ll do it again: I’ve been pretty open about my disdain for Trump, having never voted for him (or any Republicans since ‘12). That doesn’t mean I’m going to cheerlead terrible policy, simply because it wasn’t made by a Republican. And I’ll be critical of it where applicable, despite where the forum in which it resides  

@PenelopeWitherspoonI know you’re an emotional poster, Constance Frye. You’ve pos repped me more than negged me. You’re misreading my posts because you want to. OPEC isn’t cutting more than originally intended because of anything much other than those countries looking out for their own interests. I understand that, as should we all. I would encourage more domestic production instead of relying upon foreign powers that've been hostile toward you, at best. You know, control what you can control. Pretty basic, governing 101. Guess that makes me a traitorous cunt. 

4 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

No, I’m not. You always have to qualify things when you enter CR, which is ridiculous, but I’ll do it again: I’ve been pretty open about my disdain for Trump, having never voted for him (or any Republicans since ‘12). That doesn’t mean I’m going to cheerlead terrible policy, simply because it wasn’t made by a Republican. And I’ll be critical of it where applicable, despite where the forum in which it resides  

@PenelopeWitherspoonI know you’re an emotional poster, Constance Frye. You’ve pos repped me more than negged me. You’re misreading my posts because you want to. OPEC isn’t cutting more than originally intended because of anything much other than those countries looking out for their own interests. I understand that, as should we all. I would encourage more domestic production instead of relying upon foreign powers that've been hostile toward you, at best. You know, control what you can control. Pretty basic, governing 101. Guess that makes me a traitorous cunt. 

Dumb post is dumb.

1. Lemme lie and say I voted for Hillary.

2. Wimmins is emotional.

3. OPEC should dick with our government if it works for them.

4. We need more domestic oil.  Oil is God.

9 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Dumb post is dumb.

2. Wimmins is emotional.

Very lazy and poor effort.

1. I didn’t vote for Hilary or Biden. I would if I could go back. I didn’t vote where I otherwise would’ve voted GOP. 

2. I’m emotional and I’m a white male. She is emotional. 

3. Any dicking was inadvertent because the Biden admin put themselves in a position to rely upon countries with unaligned interests. They’re looking out for themselves. I’ve ALWAYS through this about OPEC even when GOP held POTUS. 

4. We absolutely need more domestically and nat gas too. We’ve fucked around, and we’re about to find out when prices sharply increase. 

Edited by Porterhouse

1 minute ago, Porterhouse said:

Very lazy and poor effort.

1. I didn’t vote for Hilary or Biden. I would if I could go back. I didn’t vote where I otherwise would’ve voted GOP. 

2. I’m emotional and I’m a white male. She is emotional. 

3. Any dicking was inadvertent because the Biden admin put themselves in a position to rely upon countries with unaligned interests. They’re looking out for themselves. I’ve ALWAYS through this about OPEC even when GOP held POTUS. 

4. We absolutely need more domestically and nat gas too. We’ve fucked around, and we’re about to find out when prices sharply increase. 

1.  I don't believe you.  

2.  You should probably not wade into the "this person is emotional" waters.  Stereotyping like that is not a good idea.

3. & 4.  The greatness of Biden will be realized after he's gone.  The IRA will save the energy security of the US and the climate too.  I guess it isn't hot enough for you yet.  There's a hurricane coming for Houston, too.  Windmills and solar panels, my dude.

25 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

1.  I don't believe you.  

2.  You should probably not wade into the "this person is emotional" waters.  Stereotyping like that is not a good idea.

3. & 4.  The greatness of Biden will be realized after he's gone.  The IRA will save the energy security of the US and the climate too.  I guess it isn't hot enough for you yet.  There's a hurricane coming for Houston, too.  Windmills and solar panels, my dude.

1./2. I don’t care. 
3./4. Now I really don’t care. You have no grasp of reality. Outside of this, I think Biden has governed okay. But this is terrible terrible policy. 

27 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

1.  I don't believe you.  

Where do windmills and solar panels come from? How are they manufactured?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 7

48 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Dumb post is dumb.

2. Wimmins is emotional.

Rex gonna Rex. He hates women 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

You went full CR outside the cloakroom.  You are also a complete nincompoop if you think the US can produce all the crude that is needed in this country.  We are hamstung by the kind of crude that exists within the US.  Even if you could produce 100% of the grades of crude that the refineries in the US need to run (We don't, nor can we), then you would run into massive logistic issues.  

It seems like you forget that I have worked in this industry for 20 fucking years.  Oh, and while I am in oil, gas, and energy, I am all for the Green Revolution.  

Oh, and calling a woman emotion, go fuck yourself sideways.

I apologize. I said that because you went on a neg spree, as you often do. 

I’d never state we can come close to producing 20 mmbbld. In fact, if you’d pay attention, I said we won’t approach our pre-COVID high of 13 mmbbld. We can if we stretched our resources but it’d be short lived as we’ve drilled most core acreage in all shale plays, so it’d be short lived. 

If you want my opinion of having production under Biden, it’s been great, and it has little to do with him. Commodity prices frequently perform very well under Democratic administrations because of inadvertent adverse consequences. Under GOP, the opposite. The lone exception was GWB. Neither W nor Biden (yet*) did anything to cause prices to increase under their terms. That was going to happen in both cases. 

Here’s my issue with Biden: 1) SPR releases. A short term lowering of oil and gasoline is great. It will whipsaw and violently so when the releases stop, and he will be blamed, and rightfully so. 2) He’s asking terrible regimes to produce more, instead of having a sensible plan domestically (which he and Granholm most assuredly do not have). You and I both know that plan will not appreciably increase domestic production, particularly in his first term. But his insistence on shunning the domestic industry is terrible long term politics.

*Both of these administrative actions are going to exacerbate the crisis we have, send prices skyrocketing, it’s going to further fuck up A&D because of the high volatility, Biden will be on the street in ‘25 with another potential authoritarian in office, and we’ll throw a shitload of capital in the ground and further fuck up the industry.

can we just admit we're in the 3rd arab oil embargo and maybe this time we'll learn a lesson from it?  as a wise man once said, "can't get fooled again"

the fact of the matter, rex, is that even if the US did produce the volume needed here, oil is traded globally and we'd still be subject to price manipulation by prince bonesaw (as we saw happen in 2018 when the kingdom cratered the price of oil and disciplined US producers into not fucking with it).  we're not headed to autarky and none of the masturbatory fantasies about eNeRgY iNdEpEnDeNcE have ever gotten past the ??? step on the underpants gnome chart. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2