Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Lindsay Graham can burn in hell too.  Who's next up to declare their allegiance to a treasonous movement to decapitate and overthrow the United States government?  Bring them on.  I want all the traitors to clearly and boldly state their allegiance as Lindsay has.

• Hook 'Em 3

The growing bitterness in the partisan divide is the biggest threat to democracy. If you feel continuing to stoke the fires helps reduce that go for it.
All those involved in Jan 6 events should fully be investigated and prosecuted as possible, but continuing to throw near half the country under the bus with those involved (yeah their not all the same) isn't going to get you where you think it is. That applies to both sides of the aisle.
It's fringe - us - them - other fringe.... being framed as an us - them narrative.

Fuck off. You can divide my ass cheeks before you kiss it.

Keep trying to minimize what happened a year ago and the real reason it did. I could have never imagined in my entire life something like Jan 6th happening.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Alright... I've opened a can of worms and will step out...for the record: republican party yeah, majority of votes.  Didn't vote for Trump either election, voted for Biden in 2020.

Just glad no one is bitter. Sometimes I forget certain areas should be off limits for me... I'll exit stage right now...

Prior to exiting, I'd like to discuss some things with you. You stated your view on the partisanship that exists and recognize that it does exist. You also mention that you support investigating and prosecuting those were involved in the January 6th events that were illegal actions (i.e. entering the bldg, assault, etc). Lastly, you state that you voted for Biden, or at least, not for Trump, correct?

So, why? Why did you vote that way? What did you see that made you vote one way and not the other? And, knowing that the person who lost and the people who enabled January 6th events to occur are still in powerful positions within their party, do you believe that when persons on this site and in the media and in the military and scholars who study global autocracy and the rise of strongmen believe it ought to still be the center of attention that they are truly sowing division and throwing  many Americans 'under the bus'?

If a goodly percentage of one party only receives information from algorithms designed to reinforce untruths, spread propaganda and uncertainty, and from sources that have an interest in promoting falsehoods, is it a disservice to keep reinforcing the truths and to continue to advocate for transparency? If those party leaders are beholden to spreading those falsehoods due to the loss of stature, money, and power they will face, why would another group reminding them of the oath THEY ALL TOOK to represent more than just ONE side and the COUNTRY'S CONSTITUTION as a whole be wrong? When the powerful are still in power (and having a pretty real lock on the Senate and SCOTUS is exactly that) and are placing partisan officials in positions where election tallies and certification should explicitly be nonpartisan, should the topic of elections be off limits? What do you do to support voter rights? To support nonpartisan election counts? To fucking enforce the Federal Election Commission rules and regulations that were tossed aside for the last four years?

This country is less than two years away from what will likely be either a turning away or a turning toward. I hope we turn toward the light. The transparency, the freedom that recognizing our sins as individuals and a country and vowing to do better--attempts we have made in the past which have been strivings toward and have enabled us to continue to be that beacon. Being afraid to look each other and see reality should not be something to turn away from--courage over fear is our greatest asset, unless inwardly we know our own flaws and those of our nation are too cowardly to face them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I’m a big fan of the “I didn’t vote for Trump post but here’s why both sides are at fault for whatever crap the republicans did this time.”

Always good for a laugh and shows up here like clockwork. You can set your watch to it. Always with a final farewell of “I tried to be reasonable in the CR but y’all are too mean.”

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Is that the biggest threat?

Or is it claiming in the months leading up to the election that there will be widespread voter fraud. And then after losing the election, which even the head of your DOJ says went off with no evidence of widespread voter fraud, trying to use procedural tactics and the courts to overturn the will of the people? And when that fails calling for and carrying out a violent attack on the literal halls of our republic? Might those things be a bigger risk to democracy?  I just don’t know 

Look. They tried a coup and failed. No reason to keep bringing it up. Everybody murders, steals from you, steals from me, does a coup.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

“why are we still talking about covid”, says the unvaccinated guy standing in a fuck fauci jersey with his unvaccinated family and friends, not wearing masks at a super-spreader event, while forwarding youtube conspiracy videos about horse dewormer paste and virus origins, bitching that facebook isn’t loading quick enough. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

Just now, Foosters said:

Look. They tried a coup and failed. No reason to keep bringing it up. Everybody murders, steals from you, steals from me, does a coup.

And to paraphrase that venerable sage, Susan Collins of the Furrowed Brow: even Hitler learned his lesson.

No one thought to ask her exactly what lesson he learned, but boy oh boy, he sure showed us didn't he?

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I ran across something earlier this week that mentioned Graham playing golf with Trump this week, so this is par for the course. (groan).

Trump needed to remind Lindsey what gets revealed if he doesn’t toe the line. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Trump needed to remind Lindsey what gets revealed if he doesn’t toe the line. 

Well, that may be. But Graham is also on the Subcommittee for Criminal Justice and Counterterrorism and thus may be able to feed information to the former guy that may be pertinent to his interests. While it is not the same as the committee investigating the insurrection, that subcommittee does provide oversight of the DOJ's Criminal Division and in addition, there is an executive session coming next week discussing the domestic terrorism threat. 

I don't think the former President has a long attention span, but he obviously pays attention to useful tidbits, and Graham is a remora sucking up useful info and regurgitating it back. Likewise, he apparently goes out and shills because it's in his interest to do so.

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

The elections that happened before 1/6 taught us that nobody cares about 1/6?

We had elections in November 2021.  They did not go well for Democrats.  Virginia dems tried to play 1/6 and Trump repeatedly.  Did not work.  No one but hard core democrats give a shit.  

24 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Only people who are die hard on the left care about 1/6.  The last round of elections taught us this.  As will the next round.

No the only people who care about 1/6 are non scumbags. We all know that doesn’t apply to you and your ilk. 

25 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Only people who are die hard on the left care about 1/6.  The last round of elections taught us this.  As will the next round.

Johnny sack once again showing his ass. Thinks the attack on the capitol was done by patriots.

I wish I was surprised but I’m not. He’s the embodiment of the worst of America. I appreciate him showing us how bad America can actually be. 

• Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

We had elections in November 2021.  They did not go well for Democrats.  Virginia dems tried to play 1/6 and Trump repeatedly.  Did not work.  No one but hard core democrats give a shit.  

They ran terry macaulif. Had jack shit to do with 1/6

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

They ran terry macaulif. Had jack shit to do with 1/6

That and they brought in a handful of Republican leaders and a former Trump admin spokesperson to ramp up the CRT outrage in Loudon county (a former stronghold) at their meetings, taped the encounters and ran to Fox to broadcast. So there was a solid strategy there.

30 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Even with the amnesia that you and your klan are showing, "die hard on the left" apparently still approximates 78% of the country.  

However, since March, there has been a decline in the share of the public saying it is important that those who broke into the Capitol be prosecuted (from 87% to 78%), with the change coming almost entirely among Republicans and Republican-leaning independents. 

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2021/09/28/declining-share-of-republicans-say-it-is-important-to-prosecute-jan-6-rioters/

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

That and they brought in a handful of Republican leaders and a former Trump admin spokesperson to ramp up the CRT outrage in Loudon county (a former stronghold) at their meetings, taped the encounters and ran to Fox to broadcast. So there was a solid strategy there.

And that was only an option because of the ham fisted way macauliff initially responded to the issue gave them that avenue of attack

7 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Even with the amnesia that you and your klan are showing, "die hard on the left" apparently still approximates 78% of the country.  

However, since March, there has been a decline in the share of the public saying it is important that those who broke into the Capitol be prosecuted (from 87% to 78%), with the change coming almost entirely among Republicans and Republican-leaning independents. 

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2021/09/28/declining-share-of-republicans-say-it-is-important-to-prosecute-jan-6-rioters/

This is actually very important.  The Sacks of the world don't understand they are in the massive minority.  They believe they are actually the beating pulse of Americans overall.  That, or they do know this and are scared as shit and therefore trying to cheat their way to minority rule.

Imagine how the Johnny Sacks of the world would be talking about 1/6 if the attackers had done the exact same thing, except they were Muslim extremists.

Now realize that the reason that they would talk about it totally differently is because they actually do NOT have a problem with extremist terrorist violence intent on forcing the extremists' political will on others......they only have a problem with it if they disagree with the cause behind it.

Political extremist violence is a-ok.....so long as it's their team committing it.  Etch that into your brain.  Understand that this is the sole governing tenet of the modern GQP and its supporters.  Nothing else they say or do matters.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Imagine how the Johnny Sacks of the world would be talking about 1/6 if the attackers had done the exact same thing, except they were Muslim extremists.

I was just thinking this. Or if a huge army of dems sacked the capitol in 2016 to try to get the election overturned and Hillary in as potus. 

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I was just thinking this. Or if a huge army of dems sacked the capitol in 2016 to try to get the election overturned and Hillary in as potus. 

That was the thrust of Karl Rove's op-ed.

Well, that and a complete whitewashing of his own despicable past.  But some of the former, too.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I had a similar reaction when I served on the jury in a murder trial. The prosecutor kept implying that the accused murderer committed the murder. Why was he singled out, just because he was the only one there and there was a recording of him repeatedly stabbing the victim? It was brazenly divisive.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Foosters said:

We must keep bringing it up because there’s hope in history. Don’t buy into the right wing “CRT syndrome” (if you don’t discuss or acknowledge it, it will go away)

6 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I had a similar reaction when I served on the jury in a murder trial. The prosecutor kept implying that the accused murderer committed the murder. Why was he singled out, just because he was the only one there and there was a recording of him repeatedly stabbing the victim? It was brazenly divisive.

Fucking lawyers.

5 minutes ago, Satchel said:

We must keep bringing it up because there’s hope in history. Don’t buy into the right wing “CRT syndrome” (if you don’t discuss or acknowledge it, it will go away)

I was making a sarcastic reference to Tyrell Pryor's famous thoughts on Mike Vick. Calibrate your meter as you see fit.

“Not everybody’s the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever. I think that people need a second chance, and I’ve always looked up to Mike Vick, and I always will.”

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Yeah I mean many of us have been making the same argument since 2000. These crazy right-wing lunatic radicals went insurrectionist on our federal government building in the aftermath of an election their guy legitimately lost in both the electoral college AND the popular vote.

Democrats have seen not one but TWO presidential candidates denied the executive branch despite winning the popular vote by millions and you didn't see armed crazy leftists overtaking the US Capitol in lawless violence and destruction. 

Women's March

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon