Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

11 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

Respectfully, that infrastructure bill was not chopped liver. That was a real win and something Biden/Dems and all of government should be proud of. It addressed a need, provides value, and was more or less bipartisan in support. That was a great example of government in action and working for all.

My $0.02 at least and it sounds like you were diminishing the impact and win there. Biden gets a real skin on the wall for that IMO.

I agree with you but it’s far past time to pass whatever bill Manchin can stomach and move onto voting rights full throttle.

The infrastructure bill was significant. But not enough.  

Can someone more knowledgeable of the filibuster clarify what latitude, if any, the democrats will have to get legislation passed with 50 votes, and what the process and timelines are for that in a given issue? The filibuster doesn’t stop everything. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/10/2022 at 8:37 AM, 'stache said:

They’ll also abolish the filibuster the second they get 50, so do it now and get something done.

June 2018:

President Donald Trump had a simple message for Senate Republicans during a meeting at the White House on Tuesday: Kill the filibuster now, before Chuck Schumer and the Democrats do.

Great minds think alike I guess

3 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Here you go 

He’s never been arrested

Fuck off, GRUhorn. We all realize English isn't your first language, and you can't tell a joke. Guess you started feeling a little too comfortable in your new skin.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Here is some recent Biden polling
giphy.gif

Our Churchill is Joe Biden.

We have one party that wants to inflict pain and suffering in millions of Americans.

And another party that is not even remotely able to stop them.

We’re fucked.

Cross posted. Yay. 

Remember that there are several idiots on the left that disapprove because they don't understand that he can't just pass shit by himself. I pray that they'll swallow their ambitions and just vote for whoever is the nominee, especially if it's Biden. I've tried to express this to some with little success. Press your progressive candidates like hell in the primaries. If they don't win the nomination, rally behind the democrat. The alternative is so much fucking worse. The "Hilary/Biden is the same as Trump" argument is infuriating.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

things seem to be going well for the most popular president ever. this is just the last 24 hrs. does anyone think 33% approval rate is the bottom? i think he has it in him to set new personal records. i have faith.

He’s been the JAG President many expected, myself included. Not terrible, mostly meh, just kind of there.

And yet, your God was trounced by this guy lmao. Despite everyone knowing what they were getting, the election was about one thing; not much of a leg to stand on with the trolling.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bravo said:

yeah, he is doing great. kicked covid's ass as promised, unified, build back better, gas prices, kicking ass with inflation not to mention really has the supply chain issue figured out. it's why his approval is so high. i can't even tell if this post was serious. i fear it was.

You're just ate up with the dumbass, aren't you? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bravo said:

yeah, he is doing great. kicked covid's ass as promised, unified, build back better, gas prices, kicking ass with inflation not to mention really has the supply chain issue figured out. it's why his approval is so high. i can't even tell if this post was serious. i fear it was.

The man got arrested for marching for civil rights, cut him some slack.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

The US unemployment rate dropped to 3.9 percent, the lowest since February 2020, pointing to a sustained recovery in the job market helped by a fast-recovering economy and strong demand for labor. The rate was still slightly above pre-crisis levels amid reports of severe labor shortages, but should decline further in the coming months as companies fill widespread vacancies. The number of unemployed persons decreased by 483,000 to 6.3 million. source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Thanks, Mr. President!

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Bravo said:

I have a great idea! Lets have the gov't shut down the economy and cause millions of job loses in just a few months. then slowly open it back up and show fantastic  job growth. we don't even need to get back to pre crisis levels. Just show millions of jobs coming back. it's GENIUS!

BTW you missed a key point.

Hmm, sounds like the last president should have done a better job when the pandemic first hit. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bravo said:

how is that a rebuttal to what I posted? you couldve of had an old senile guy at president who isnt aware of anything and seen the same job growth. any imbecile would have had the same job growth.  It's just the jobs coming back that were shutdown. it would happen for anyone.

So, the complex economy and larger forces behind it are responsible for anything good that happens economically.  I'm really not disagreeing with you on that, by the way.  It's correct.

But now do the same analysis for the bad things that happen economically (like supply chain issues and inflation).  You can do it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

So, the complex economy and larger forces behind it are responsible for anything good that happens economically.  I'm really not disagreeing with you on that, by the way.  It's correct.

But now do the same analysis for the bad things that happen economically (like supply chain issues and inflation).  You can do it.

lol, that's not happening

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

mcdonalds in japan is out of french fries because of brandon, duh. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If you are struggling in this environment and can’t make ends meet, please feel free to ask us for a handup. The Cabal understands your bootstraps can get tangled and you trip and fall. The economy is booming right now and although I can’t explain it, some people are struggling with paying 10 dollars more every week for gas that they haven’t had to do since 5 years ago. You could change your behavior, but why? Let us give you a handout. All you have to do is ask us.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bravo said:

uh, paying workers to stay home? that was kinda a big deal which we are still feeling the ripple effects from.  finding workers is a big cause of the supply chain issue. the policy to pay for people to stay home has caused a lot of the supply chain issue.

So you don't know anything about the shipping and transportation industry and you're just talking out of your ass?  Got it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom said:

So you don't know anything about the shipping and transportation industry and you're just talking out of your ass?  Got it.

Yeah....not a single point he made makes any MATERIAL difference.

Check out oil prices for North Sea Brent, or Saudi crude -- things that Joe has ZERO say in.  See how they have generally tracked in the same direction as WTI.  Oil prices are being driven by increasing demand.  That is THE dominant factor.  Everything else is chocolate sprinkles on top at most.  As just one issue people want to blame the president for (and BTW, what oil prices were doing under Trump was similar -- he had functionally zero to do with it, good or bad.  It's not a matter of Executive Policy.  It's a matter of a giant global market).

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bravo said:

LOL, I used to be a freight broker once upon a time. you're an insect.

Cool.  Tell me how Biden is constricting GLOBAL supply chains.  Tell me how he is controlling both supply and demand for products, and the availability of transportation resources to handle goods.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Whoops!

windows-security-pwned-image.-2-.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Bravo said:

uh, paying workers to stay home? that was kinda a big deal which we are still feeling the ripple effects from.  finding workers is a big cause of the supply chain issue. the policy to pay for people to stay home has caused a lot of the supply chain issue.

Uh.  A policy implemented and often encouraged during the Trump Administration. https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/president-trump-gop-suggest-temporarily-extending-600-unemployment-benefit-amid-covid-19-pandemic

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah....not a single point he made makes any MATERIAL difference.

Check out oil prices for North Sea Brent, or Saudi crude -- things that Joe has ZERO say in.  See how they have generally tracked in the same direction as WTI.  Oil prices are being driven by increasing demand.  That is THE dominant factor.  Everything else is chocolate sprinkles on top at most.  As just one issue people want to blame the president for (and BTW, what oil prices were doing under Trump was similar -- he had functionally zero to do with it, good or bad.  It's not a matter of Executive Policy.  It's a matter of a giant global market).

But we were a net petroleum exporter under Trump!  We didn't have to buy no foreign oil until Biden came along! Hurr durr.

But we have continued to be net importers of crude oil.

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/oil-and-petroleum-products/imports-and-exports.php

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2021/11/14/is-the-us-energy-independent/?sh=5d4244221387

did I not say Trump has a role in this stuff too? are you guys not reading what i posted or just knee jerking to what you want me to post? 

You didn't until people started exposing your ignorance.  I quoted you.

And you made your "conceding" post simultaneously with mine.  So don't accuse me of lack of reading comprehension.

Edited by TwiceHorn

15 minutes ago, Bravo said:

when did i ever said he caused it all? please point to that or did i say he has played a part? 

Of course, you didn't say it. You want to stick to a narrow set of data that can lead to only a single conclusion. You're a fucking hack.

It's not that you didn't claim it; it's that you won't bother to see the issue at all.

Yay team!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bravo said:

LOL hostile oil policies you dont want me to consider. you're right those policies are great for supply. dear lord.

If you can actually tie them to current or recent price of oil, I'll consider it.

The pipeline has nothing to do with the price of crude.  It MIGHT have had some small impact on the price of gasoline.

Given that it would take years to drill and produce ANW reserves, it has had no effect on current oil prices.

You should probably also note that the price of oil tripled in the last six months of the Trump Administration, and gas prices lag oil prices a bit.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2021/09/26/revisiting-the-blame-for-high-gas-prices/?sh=56c0c627e31e

Perhaps Forbes is a bit too leftist for you.  It probably is because it is one generally right of center publication that hasn't gone full retard.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Bravo said:

when did i ever said he caused it all? please point to that or did i say he has played a part? 

Let's check the tape

2 hours ago, Bravo said:

what did i back track on?

You blamed all this litany of shit on Biden, without qualification or reservation.  And then when it was pointed out that Trump started it or it had started during the Trump Administration, you "conceded" that it was both their fault.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Shutting down part of a pipeline that wasn’t going to be in operation for another several years while selling the largest offshore tract yet which also won’t be online for oh maybe a decade definitely impacts oil prices now. Totally.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guess y'all missed this? Move along. BTW is this the bUt tRuMp! thread or the Joe Biden thread?

No, this is the "Don't be a fucking idiot and you won't get slapped down for being a fucking idiot" thread. Bad takes are more Daily Texan. That board may be more your speed.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon