Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

So thoughtful of you.  I'm certain no one in the middle or the right of you cares about continuity of government nor democratic values.  Just all Trump, all the time.  Some of you fuckers drink your own piss in your Cheerios, and wax poetic about how the salty contrast to the nutty/grainy cereal makes close to a granola like experience.   Jesus.  

So I'm confused.  I have to assume you are referring to yourself here.  Are you denying the existence of January 6th?  Because going against the continuity of government and democratic values is LITERALLY WHAT HAPPENED AND LITERALLY WHAT THE ENTIRE PARTY HAS CONTINUED TO GO AGAINST SINCE THEN.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

So thoughtful of you.  I'm certain no one in the middle or the right of you cares about continuity of government nor democratic values.  Just all Trump, all the time.  Some of you fuckers drink your own piss in your Cheerios, and wax poetic about how the salty contrast to the nutty/grainy cereal makes close to a granola like experience.   Jesus.  

I was more talking about shedding working class dems versus the relatively comfortable readership on this board.  But yeah, now that you mention it I should include all republicans in the group that doesn’t care about democratic principles.  

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

So I'm confused.  I have to assume you are referring to yourself here.  Are you denying the existence of January 6th?  Because going against the continuity of government and democratic values is LITERALLY WHAT HAPPENED AND LITERALLY WHAT THE ENTIRE PARTY HAS CONTINUED TO GO AGAINST SINCE THEN.  

I’m not referring to myself in the sense that I supported 1/6.  But if you think I’m not concerned about continuity of government, but moreso concerned with the government having much less power as a rightish of center mostly libertarian thinker, then you are fucking sorely mistaken.   I think folks like you lump everyone that doesn’t agree with your viewpoint in the same vein, and for that, you’re ignorant 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

But if you think I’m not concerned about continuity of government, but moreso concerned with the government having much less power as a rightish of center mostly libertarian thinker, then you are fucking sorely mistaken

Cool, you can be concerned about the government having less power.  But if you support the current Republican party, then it's very difficult for me to believe you care about the continuity of government or democratic values.  They just don't go together, as has been proven.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Kamala has ZERO chance of winning in '24.  She's markedly worse than Biden at this juncture.  

she was a better senator than vp, i'll give you that.  but i think she's filling the role biden wants her to.  which is another reason he's failing - he's not using other leaders to make up for his lack of presence.  

still, at last count there were 7 million more democrats in the country than republicans.  kamala would beat trump if that were to be the 2024 slate.  

On 4/19/2022 at 7:56 AM, thrillhammer said:

first of all, trump is not running in 2024, because he knows he will lose, and he prefers candidates that don't lose.  the horse i'd bet on at this point as the gop candidate is pence.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

What blows my mind is that this isn't hyperbole or spin.  This is the R's STATED AGENDA.  It's right out in the open.  And yet somehow people still vote for them.

What I find telling is that NONE of our resident GQP supporters have even clapped back with any commentary.  So not shocked that they just want to continue to denigrate Biden/Harris and are totally cool with all the shitty things the GQP is doing.  

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

I’m not referring to myself in the sense that I supported 1/6.  But if you think I’m not concerned about continuity of government, but moreso concerned with the government having much less power as a rightish of center mostly libertarian thinker, then you are fucking sorely mistaken.   I think folks like you lump everyone that doesn’t agree with your viewpoint in the same vein, and for that, you’re ignorant 

Anyone who calls themselves a libertarian thinker should most definitely NOT be supporting the GQP.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Libertarians are Republicans who don't like being branded.

It's too bad their leadershit is like a cruel joke

the real show is the blue vs. red 

We don't get third/fourth/fif parties that isn't primetime black and white cat fight

• Fuck You 2

7 hours ago, aggie08 said:

All Pence has to do in convince 30M braindead fucking morons that Trump was wrong, he didn't have the power to overturn the election, and they should stop wishing him dead and vote for him instead. Easy peasy.

If Pence thought he ever had a snowball’s chance in hell to win the GOP nomination, let alone the presidency, he would’ve thrown his hat in the ring in 2016. By not opposing Trump in the primaries, he gave himself an advantage over all the other also-rans who challenged him. That’s how he got to be VP.

Remember how surprised Trump was when Biden picked Kamala as his running mate after she actually opposed him in the primaries? Trump couldn’t wrap his head around that because he’s the most shallow, petty, and vindictive crybaby in the world. Every one of Trump’s opponents in the primaries automatically eliminated themselves from consideration as his running mate simply because they opposed him. That opened the door to Pence who was the perfect deferential sycophant. He was obeisant and appealed to the evangelicals. He sucked up so hard that when Trump put his water bottle on the floor, Pence did the same.

Pence is so dumb that he actually sought advice from Dan Fucking Quayle about how to handle the certification of the election. But to Quayle’s credit, he came from an earlier time when even the dumbest of Republicans knew how the system was supposed to work despite the fact that he didn’t know how to spell potato. (Is potatoe!)

Three words: “Hang Mike Pence!” And Pence tries to shrug it off. The base won’t. He’s finished. The best he can do is try to make a few bucks giving speeches in support of the new Trumpublican Party and hope nobody kills him. He’s a cheap dime store whore at this point. He’ll never hold elected office again.

• Hook 'Em 1

Trevor Reed freed in a prisoner swap. Interesting timing considering the current global state of affairs. Good job Biden administration. Im sure the GOP will criticize him somehow

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/27/politics/trevor-reed-russia/index.html

American Trevor Reed, a US citizen and former Marine who had been detained in Russia since 2019, has been released in a prisoner swap.

The release ends a nearly three-year ordeal for Reed, who was sentenced to nine years in prison in July 2020 for endangering the "life and health" of Russian police officers in an altercation. Reed and his family have denied the charges against him.

"I'm going to try not to cry, because he doesn't want me to cry," Reed's mother, Paula, told CNN's Brianna Keilar on "New Day" Wednesday. "Obviously, I'm going to cry a little bit, give him a big hug, and just, you know, give him hugs and it will be the four of us together again in a few years, so it's going to be great."

Reed's release is part of a prisoner swap for Russian citizen Konstantin Yaroshenko, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said on her official Telegram channel. Yaroshenko, a pilot, was convicted of drug smuggling in 2011 and sentenced to 20 years in prison. He has denied the charges against him.

President Joe Biden confirmed the release.

Seeing a bit of "where there is smoke there is fire" with Biden potentially signing an EO to forgive up to $10k of federal student loans to head into mid-terms with a bump in favorability and popularity. That would be AWESOME.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Blotto said:

Trevor Reed freed in a prisoner swap. Interesting timing considering the current global state of affairs. Good job Biden administration. Im sure the GOP will criticize him somehow

"american trevor reed freed in a prisoner swap.  here's why this is horrible news for president biden..."

2 hours ago, Vegas64 said:

Seeing a bit of "where there is smoke there is fire" with Biden potentially signing an EO to forgive up to $10k of federal student loans to head into mid-terms with a bump in favorability and popularity. That would be AWESOME.

tenor (12).gif

18 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Like... I'll take it, but capping it at 10k is dumb. Republicans will be mad about it anyways, so aim a bit higher imo

I would be OK with 40K and it should apply to undergrad only. Fuck anyone who borrowed 100k +  for an undergrad degree or borrowed money for any graduate degree that wouldn’t result in the ability to pay it back

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, Sawbonz said:

I would be OK with 40K and it should apply to undergrad only. Fuck anyone who borrowed 100k +  for an undergrad degree or borrowed money for any graduate degree that wouldn’t result in the ability to pay it back

No restrictions imo. Individuals should not be excluded for either taking out too much or getting a degree worth a shit. 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 hours ago, Blotto said:

Everybody knows he only went to Russian prison after Biden’s fake election. Good grief…some people…

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I’m pretty surprised to see this as your take. Can I bug you to elaborate a bit on your stance?

Not sure what is surprising about that.  If the government is going to dole out student loan forgiveness, all individuals with student loans should be eligible.

• Hook 'Em 4

Not sure what is surprising about that.  If the government is going to dole out student loan forgiveness, all individuals with student loans should be eligible.

I guess I read it as a more generally pro-forgiveness stance. Carry on then!

I think that the question of whether government should be forgiving loans is a separate and complex matter, but given that it is an election year Joe is going to make the push and if that is where things are going than everyone with an outstanding loan should be eligible. 

The flip side is seeing smoke that a loan forgiveness jubilee could exacerbate inflation. I'm not smart enough to know about the economics of it all, but that seems not good. But maybe the good of $10k loan forgiving is greater than the bad of additional inflation in a mid-term year.

9 hours ago, Vegas64 said:

The flip side is seeing smoke that a loan forgiveness jubilee could exacerbate inflation. I'm not smart enough to know about the economics of it all, but that seems not good. But maybe the good of $10k loan forgiving is greater than the bad of additional inflation in a mid-term year.

The counterpoint would be no one's accrued interest or had a payment on these in two years. The debt is, essentially, temporarily canceled as it stands. Americans being who we are, how many people do you think are continuing to set aside $X each month or make payments while these aren't accruing interest and could be forgiven? Increased demand for goods/services as a result of not having student debt obligations is probably largely priced into the current inflation numbers.

Also it's possible we're looking at a mild to moderate recession in 2023. Stimulus in the form of debt forgiveness, which would disproportionately impact the working and middle class, the same groups that drive the consumer spending that is the engine of the economy, could be looked at as a hedge against that as well.

Edited by gmr548
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

The counterpoint would be no one's accrued interest or had a payment on these in two years. The debt is, essentially, temporarily canceled as it stands. Americans being who we are, how many people do you think are considering to set aside $X each month or make payments while these aren't accruing interest and could be forgiven? Increased demand for goods/services as a result of not having student debt obligations is probably largely priced into the current inflation numbers.

Also it's possible we're looking at a mild to moderate recession in 2023. Stimulus in the form of debt forgiveness, which would disproportionately impact the working and middle class, the same groups that drive the consumer spending that is the engine of the economy, could be looked at as a hedge against that as well.

Good points, all around. I’m sold let’s do it!

10 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I think that the question of whether government should be forgiving loans is a separate and complex matter, but given that it is an election year Joe is going to make the push and if that is where things are going than everyone with an outstanding loan should be eligible. 

Does my family and I get a refund for working and paying for my college? 

Do my taxes now go up to pay back other people's loans?

• Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon