Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

6 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Wanna know what institutional cancer really looks like?

It's not 130 staff earning $100K annual.  It's the head football coach earning $5.7M annual, his staff getting an additional $8.3M annual, the head basketball coach earning $5M annual, and his staff getting an additional $2.1M annual.  I'm leaving out baseball, softball, volleyball, track & field, swimming & diving, and golf, and probably more.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Wanna know what institutional cancer really looks like?

It's not 130 staff earning $100K annual.  It's the head football coach earning $5.7M annual, his staff getting an additional $8.3M annual, the head basketball coach earning $5M annual, and his staff getting an additional $2.1M annual.  I'm leaving out baseball, softball, volleyball, track & field, swimming & diving, and golf, and probably more.

For many schools yes, for those that make money on football and basketball, not as much.  But the vast majority, of course, don’t. 

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

For many schools yes, for those that make money on football and basketball, not as much.  But the vast majority, of course, don’t. 

Just using the easiest numbers to track down.  Of course football funds itself, I'm not sure if any of the other major sports do.  Baseball staff salaries are nowhere near those of basketball, and they pull a pretty significant crowd in close to 2X as many games (although surely at lower ticket prices), so maybe.  Basketball seems like it might be closer to charity, but somebody surely has the numbers.

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Just using the easiest numbers to track down.  Of course football funds itself, I'm not sure if any of the other major sports do.  Baseball staff salaries are nowhere near those of basketball, and they pull a pretty significant crowd in close to 2X as many games (although surely at lower ticket prices), so maybe.  Basketball seems like it might be closer to charity, but somebody surely has the numbers.

Yeah I know even lots of football doesn’t even find itself. UT obviously in the haves group.  It’s been along time since I’ve looked it up, but it gets worse with Bball, and baseball is basically is basically in the red everywhere. But point taken, for sure. 

8 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Salesforce Admin, have a Liberal Arts degree and unrelated work experience. 

But you have a degree and unrelated professional job experience. I was objecting to the idea of non-degreed only blue collar job experience. Tim from BFE Ohio working in the TimkinSteel plant with a high school degree will not be able to pivot as smoothly.

I bring it up because I see it all the time with Tech certs. These training schools paint an unrealistic picture to people and lure them in with the hope of 6 figure salaries. Then these people end up in debt making $17/hr on a support desk job.

A liberal arts degree isn't a disadvantage but only having a high school diploma is certainly a disadvantage when it comes to breaking into the tech industry with certs but no experience.

I've mentored a number of kids wanting to work in the industry and the three things I emphasize are CS/CIS degree, certs and do open source project work. The degree will unlock the door, the certs help the resume match and the open source work makes up for the lack of experience.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Accounting and finance.  Graduated summa cum laude due to privilege.  Just like privilege let me graduate top ten percent at Texas law.  

I can’t imagine suggesting a non trust fund kid to major in some bullshit humanities or grievance studies degree.  Seems really, really stupid.  

And other lib arts degrees that might lead to something — you better be careful and have a plan. Unless you have family support.  

Oh. So the worst thing imaginable. That’s all you had to say. Worst thing imaginable. 

15 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Props to Chuck Schumer for being an actual real MMTer. The way MMT deals with inflation is raising taxes to pull money out of the economy. 

Did you ever take an economics class?  

Undoing the Trump tax cuts would be a great accomplishment and I support it.  After all, most of the benefit was to the very rich.  Ironically, you aren't very rich but you still like the idea of tax cuts for the rich.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Goddam, it didn’t hit me at first, but this is actually extraordinarily tone deaf. 

So what he's saying is he doesn't really want to pay his mortgage back but that's not on the table.  But relief for anyone else is out of the question. 

But, I give him a little comedic credit for linking two issues into his joke.  The Right is getting better at comedy!!!!!

• Fuck You 1

20 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

And if you want to make colleges more affordable like they were back in the day.  Make colleges more like they were back then.  No 100 people doing no work jobs in the diversity department.  Cut admin positions back to what they used to be — a fraction of what it is now.  Facilities and dorms won’t be nearly as nice.   

I don’t think the academic elites will be on board though.  

1984-1985.png

2017-2018.png

Always easier to create a scapegoat in you mind and keep screaming about it rather than do any research.

I have to say, your relentless desire to undermine the University makes me think you didn't go to UT.  You seem more aggy in your outlook.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

21 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

1984-1985.png

2017-2018.png

Always easier to create a scapegoat in you mind and keep screaming about it rather than do any research.

I have to say, your relentless desire to undermine the University makes me think you didn't go to UT.  You seem more aggy in your outlook.

The budget is up 6x in 35 years. Tuition collected is up 25x. Was $25M now $625M. Enrollment is up modestly. 

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

So what he's saying is he doesn't really want to pay his mortgage back but that's not on the table.  But relief for anyone else is out of the question. 

But, I give him a little comedic credit for linking two issues into his joke.  The Right is getting better at comedy!!!!!

And that he has a mortgage, but not student loan debt, which is just a thumb in the eye to many people that have student loan debt and will never own a home.

• Hook 'Em 6

22 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

The budget is up 6x in 35 years. Tuition collected is up 25x. Was $25M now $625M. Enrollment is up modestly. 

Holy shit, that was your takeway?

Look at the changes in State General Revenue and Tuitions and Fees over the years.  So NOW does it make sense?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Holy shit, that was your takeway?

Look at the changes in State General Revenue and Tuitions and Fees over the years.  So NOW does it make sense?

I don't know if you've heard this, but Biden stutters.

Also, do you not agree we should seize and sell Russian oligarch's assets?

waste-wasting.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1984-1985.png

2017-2018.png

I believe went there. I doubt he paid a penny out of pocket or took a penny in loans to do it but I believe he went. Imagine thinking it is a big personal accomplishment to make good grades when it’s literally the only thing you have to worry about 

image.png

• Hook 'Em 3

On 4/29/2022 at 4:29 PM, Immaculate Vibes said:

From now on I’m calling it the Ministry of Truth. These are the serious things these “serious” people are working on. 

I’m generally against money printer go brrrr, but given the choice I would prefer tax cuts over increased spending. 

The number is fairly small in the grand scheme or our debt and liabilities. It’s just another step on our way to the end. Next time it’ll be it’s just $2T for whatever. I’m more annoyed that no reforms will happen and we’ll restart the same shit and people will lament the skyrockets costs of education. 

Space Force says hi, you fucking clown

3 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Did you ever take an economics class?  

Undoing the Trump tax cuts would be a great accomplishment and I support it.  After all, most of the benefit was to the very rich.  Ironically, you aren't very rich but you still like the idea of tax cuts for the rich.

You know how you can tell the tax rate on the ultra-rich is not high enough?  You don’t hear multi-billionaires bitching about how much they pay in taxes.  Find the pain point and then we’re probably at the proper rate.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

You know how you can tell the tax rate on the ultra-rich is not high enough?  You don’t hear multi-billionaires bitching about how much they pay in taxes.  Find the pain point and then we’re probably at the proper rate.

I like that idea.

On 4/28/2022 at 2:10 PM, fattyflattie said:

Please provide a name for people who would like all of their I’ll advised investments to be paid for by someone else.  Another way to put it, someone who takes and benefits, but is not interested in fulfilling their agreed upon part. Someone who would rather spread their financial burden amongst their fellow citizens, the vast majority who didn’t benefit from the same education, instead of sacrificing a bit and handling it themselves. 

Corporations?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 4/29/2022 at 5:22 PM, Immaculate Vibes said:

I know plenty of nurses that own homes. 

Well yeah duh. We pay a lot of tax in the top bracket. Seems you think we should pay more. What should our rate be at the top?

Also, I don’t like increased spending because the govt are terrible stewards of capital, not because it’s not spent on me. 

Capping out at 90% for income over $500M. 80% for income over 250M. 70% for income over $100M. 60% for income over $50M. 50% for income over $25M. 40% for income over $10M. I use the post WWII tax rates as a benchmark, reasoning that we are in a similarly debt laden situation.

Prove your second point isn’t complete shit. Focus on roadways, a concrete example of societal need.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

"Govt are terrible stewards of capital" - Same bullshit lie that republicans all believe because they were fed this lie. 

Government programs sometimes suck because Republicans keep defunding everything so they can perpetuate the lie that government programs suck.  See the USPS, Medicare, Medicaid, etc. 

These same fucks will overfund the military and pound their chests at how the US has the best military in the world. I wonder fucking why? Because we spend a shit ton of money on it. 

Fucking maddeing

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 6:40 PM, Immaculate Vibes said:

Props to Chuck Schumer for being an actual real MMTer. The way MMT deals with inflation is raising taxes to pull money out of the economy. 

You are a fucking moron. Those tax cuts never should have happened.  Undoing them would be smart.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

On 5/2/2022 at 2:23 AM, Willfully Horn said:

Capping out at 90% for income over $500M. 80% for income over 250M. 70% for income over $100M. 60% for income over $50M. 50% for income over $25M. 40% for income over $10M. I use the post WWII tax rates as a benchmark, reasoning that we are in a similarly debt laden situation.

Prove your second point isn’t complete shit. Focus on roadways, a concrete example of societal need.

That doesn’t raise enough money to pay for even BBB.  That’s why top rates are at 250k.

Also, no one ever payed a 90% effective income tax rate.  Pure leftist drivel.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

That doesn’t raise enough money to pay for even BBB.  That’s why top rates are at 250k.

Also, no one ever payed a 90% effective income tax rate.  Pure leftist drivel.

It's been debunked plenty of times. Why do they keep bringing up the 90% tax rate?

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon