Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

1 hour ago, Longhornlove said:

Pre-pandemic jobs in USA 152.5 million, as of March 1st this year, Jobs in USA, 149.6 million jobs............People got off unemployment when their benefits ran out and got their lazy asses back to work. This isn't rocket science

this didn't happen. conservatism, lying about everything since 1776.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

I’ve had nothing to do with the commentary on an NPR fellow interview, besides give snark to posters who can’t do a simple Google search to find it. You wanting to make some attack on NPR is expected.

Here’s an actual link, with data, from the CBO on the deficit numbers.

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/57974

https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/2022-05/57974-MBR.pdf

I should be skeptical of NPR and so should you since Nancy Pelosi shoved 150 million dollars worth of pork into a COVID relief package for them.

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Not possible. Must feed the beast. 

i thought you guys wanted less government spending.

23 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Reckless spending is a problem and as jimmy edited... Republicans are even more drunk on government spending (subsidies, bailouts included).  Both parties love to throw the prior administration under the bus (fair) but the problem is both parties are driving the bus over a cliff they are just arguing how fast they should drive.

this is bothsider nonsense.

Here at Politifact we’re going to take a quote that is true, “6.5 million jobs in one year is the most ever created” and we’re going to rate this half-true because if we decide that Joe used the phrase “percentage wise instead of raw numbers” it would be wrong.

“If he did in fact say that, it’s be a half truth. He didn’t actually do that though, but we’re still treating it as a half truth.”

1 minute ago, StassneyHorn said:

Here at Politifact we’re going to take a quote that is true, “6.5 million jobs in one year is the most ever created” and we’re going to rate this half-true because if we decide that Joe used the phrase “percentage wise instead of raw numbers” it would be wrong.

“If he did in fact say that, it’s be a half truth. He didn’t actually do that though, but we’re still treating it as a half truth.”

Regardless, back to my original point, Joe Biden didn't "single handedly" create any jobs. The best thing he could have done was just get out of the way and let the economy recover after preventing, removing any and all lock downs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

9 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

So you are saying people didn't go back to work after the benefits ran out? You are right, I probably won't get it.

there's basically no evidence that yanking enhanced unemployment forced people back into the labor pool.  you exclaiming otherwise is just wishcasting. 

4 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Regardless, back to my original point, Joe Biden didn't "single handedly" create any jobs. The best thing he could have done was just get out of the way and let the economy recover after preventing, removing any and all lock downs.

no, you actually have to assist the economy along.  it doesn't just magically improve itself.  your policies lead to lost decades.  we tried this shit over and over again throughout history until fairly recently.  also, i thought y'all were for federalism.

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

No by doing everything he did with getting vaccines out to everyone, including mandates, he got people back to work faster than ever imagined. He is single-handedly responsible and you need to buy some ice cream today.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, EuroHorn said:

But we as decent people are allowed to celebrate people dying when we don’t like their political views 

I treat decent people decently. I sure as fuck celebrate the death of shitty fucking people who spend every waking breath spewing hatred, lies, and vitriol all the while trying to takes peoples rights away. 

That is the difference many don't seem to grasp. You are treated the same way you treat others. Once you have revealed yourself to be a massive pile of shit, you don't get cry foul and invoke the pearls of decency. 

Republicans cry decency and decorum after taking a massive shit on the very concept. So no, I will not abide. I will root and celebrate all their deaths, and hopefully one day piss on their graves. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

lol you forget about Afghanistan evacuation? 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/02/08/afghanistan-evacuation-investigation/
Or the "righteous" drone strike on an innocent family killing 7 children?
https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-milley-kabul-afghanistan-drone-strike-civilian-casualties-11632165076
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/10/world/asia/us-air-strike-drone-kabul-afghanistan-isis.html
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/08/drone-strikes-afghanistan-civilian-casualties.html
Border crisis...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/04/12/biden-title-42-border-crisis/
https://www.wsj.com/articles/bidens-southern-border-problem-isnt-going-away-crisis-immigration-reform-midterms-alternative-detention-program-11643754041
Here's how those sanctions destroyed Russia's economy... 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2022/03/31/ruble-recovery-sanctions-russia/
https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/russias-ruble-rebound-raises-questions-sanctions-impact-83768547
image.thumb.png.90bb58fd3bdfb38683e90a7d21811db4.png
These are washington post, ABC, and nyt articles too so it's not exactly "right wing Russian disinformation propaganda" 
You are right though I guess Biden hasn't done anything except poop his pants as the Easter bunny tells him to stop answering questions. He's braindead, so it's actually the people running the WH that are fucking up. 
RonKlain.jpg?w=600&h=400&crop=1

Antony_Blinken.jpg?w=600&h=400&crop=1

Bonus Biden's press sec won't condemn the leak from SCOUS or the violent protests outside the judges houses.
https://nypost.com/2022/05/05/psaki-wont-condemn-scotus-leak-of-draft-ruling-on-roe-v-wade/

giphy.gif

I love that fatty’s troll bait instead inspired an intellectually weak rant punctuated by an outright lie. Friendly fire, you hate to see it.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

giphy.gif

I love that fatty’s troll bait instead inspired an intellectually weak rant punctuated by an outright lie. Friendly fire, you hate to see it.

Dude, those ladies used corkscrews to open those bottles of wine for the protest.  Do you know what the you can do with a corkscrew? CORKSCREW!  

3 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

Pre-pandemic jobs in USA 152.5 million, as of March 1st this year, Jobs in USA, 149.6 million jobs............People got off unemployment when their benefits ran out and got their lazy asses back to work. This isn't rocket science.

go fuck yourself you magat asshat r-word

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

there's basically no evidence that yanking enhanced unemployment forced people back into the labor pool.  you exclaiming otherwise is just wishcasting. 

Not only is there no evidence, there's evidence that it failed to get people back to work and hurt local economies:

States that withdrew early from federal unemployment programs pushed few people back to work and fueled a nearly $2 billion cut in household spending, potentially hurting their local economies, according to new research.

Twenty-six state governors — all Republican, except one — opted out of the pandemic-era programs several weeks before their official expiration on Labor Day. Enhanced benefits were keeping the unemployed from looking for jobs and fueling a labor shortage, they claimed.

That bet seems to have had a limited payoff so far, according to a paper authored by economists and researchers at Columbia University, Harvard University, the University of Massachusetts Amherst and the University of Toronto. The research was published Friday.

The data suggests unemployment benefits aren’t playing a big role in hiring challenges and that other factors are having a larger impact — a similar thrust to other recent research analyzing the policy decisions.

The new paper uses anonymized bank-account data from financial services company Earnin to track 18,648 individuals who were receiving unemployment benefits in late April. Researchers compared individuals in 19 states that withdrew federal benefits in June against those in the 23 states that kept them intact.

States that ended federal benefits early saw larger job gains among the unemployed: Their employment jumped 4.4 percentage points relative to jobless individuals in states that kept benefits flowing, according to the paper, which analyzes data through the first week of August.

However, that translates to just 1 in 8 unemployed individuals in the “cutoff states” who found a job in that time period. The majority, 7 out of 8, didn’t find a new job.

“Yes, there was an uptick [in employment],” University of Massachusetts Amherst economics professor Arindrajit Dube said. “Most people lost benefits and weren’t able to find jobs.”

Dube co-authored the research paper.

The employment dynamic — a loss of benefits without resulting job income for most people — led households to cut their weekly spending by 20%, according to the paper. As a result, economies of the cutoff states saw a reduction of nearly $2 billion in consumer spending from June through the first week of August.

“They turned down federal transfers and that money didn’t come back into the state [from new job income],” University of Toronto assistant professor Michael Stepner said. He also co-authored the paper.

A 20% spending cut amounts to a big reduction in quality of life for these households, which are largely lower-income, Stepner said.

The governor’s offices in Alabama, Nebraska, New Hampshire and Utah — a subset of the states — didn’t return CNBC’s request for comment on the policies.

“We have announced the end date of our state of emergency, there are no industry shutdowns, and daycares are operating with no restrictions,” Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey said in May when announcing the withdrawal. “Vaccinations are available for all adults. Alabama is giving the federal government our 30-day notice that it’s time to get back to work.”

The research findings come as U.S. job openings broke a record in June, while the economy remains nearly 6 million jobs below its pre-pandemic level. Retail sales nationwide fell more than expected last month amid renewed Covid-19 fears.

The Biden administration is encouraging states with high unemployment rates to use federal funds provided by the American Rescue Plan to keep benefits flowing past Sept. 6.

Most job growth in the withdrawing states wasn’t due to the loss of a $300 weekly supplement, as may have been expected, Dube said. Instead, it was largely due to workers like the self-employed and long-term unemployed who lost their aid entirely since they’re ineligible for traditional state benefits.

Relative differences in the states’ economies also don’t seem to account for the research results, Dube and Stepner said. And a spike in job growth is unlikely in coming weeks, since the pace of hiring in the cutoff states had plateaued by mid-July, they said.

The research results suggest enhanced unemployment benefits are a small-but-incomplete explanation for hiring challenges, they said.

“There is a gap in the labor market,” Stepner said. “There are lots of open jobs, below-average labor force participation, and yet these open jobs are not being filled.

“I think it’s an open question [as to why],” he added. “I don’t think any labor economist has a clear explanation.”

Economists point to ongoing Covid health concerns and continued challenges posed by caregiving responsibilities as other possible factors.

Workers may also expect more pay, benefits and flexibility from a prospective employer. Stimulus checks and other pandemic aid may have provided a financial cushion so workers feel they can be more selective when looking for a new job.

I guess we can't trust Longhornlove, given that he's either woefully ill-informed or a liar.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

It amazes me that all these so called Christians in the GQP forget about the Golden Rule.  Jesus would be ashamed that they call themselves his followers.

Is that the hill you want to die on??  Take a look in the mirror and remember the Golden Rule you speak of so cavalierly.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

https://www.factcheck.org/2022/04/bidens-deficit-spin/

I wouldn't put much stock in NPR since they are funded by the Government and are a mouthpiece for the Democrat party. I don't like fact checkers either but there are plenty of articles blasting the claims that you reference. Most from left leaning outlets.

I'm giving this the laughing rep because that's what it deserves.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

I never specifically referenced him/her being wrong about reduced deficit, go back and read. I do find it highly suspect that you can spend your way into deficit reduction though, as we all should. Both parties have played their part in spending way too much. The possible reduction as mentioned can be mostly contributed to COVID relief spending coming to an end.

how did federal govt debt change from Jan 2017 to Jan 2021?

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Is that the hill you want to die on??  Take a look in the mirror and remember the Golden Rule you speak of so cavalierly.   

Not everyone can love their fellow man like the sterling example set by all the folks who post in the cloak room a couple thousand times a year.  They are kind and decent people.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Nivek said:

NPR had on a fellow who studied this and his estimation is that the rates of inflation due to labor increase is about 8% of the total inflation.  The mass majority of it is due to corporations seeking higher profits (54%).   This certainly seems like an opportunity for some Teddy Roosevelt like asskickings.

Thank you for that correction. So if the supply chains were a convenient excuse and companies could just raise their prices, why did they wait until they had an excuse? Or, what pressure will they face to lower prices? It sounds like many sectors of our economy are effectively monopolized. Am i missing something? 

16 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Not everyone can love their fellow man like the sterling example set by all the folks who post in the cloak room a couple thousand times a year.  They are kind and decent people.

Or recognize that the party that's pushing this country towards a fascist theocracy are massive hypocrites when it comes to the ideals that they claim to be their North Star.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, B00M said:

Thank you for that correction. So if the supply chains were a convenient excuse and companies could just raise their prices, why did they wait until they had an excuse? Or, what pressure will they face to lower prices? It sounds like many sectors of our economy are effectively monopolized. Am i missing something? 

i think they waited until experience told them that raising prices wasn't going to result in losses. so long as everyone keeps paddling in that direction the higher prices can be maintained.  and it's less likely that you have competitor decide "fuck it, i'm out, we're going back to low margins" when there's fewer competitors in the marketplace (see: meatpacking)

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

I do not go around stating, "As a Christian.." like so many of your compatriots do before saying something ignorant and hateful.  I also am not trying to force my beliefs on whole swaths of the population like you and your ilk have tried to do.  I also have not committed or supported insurrection.  Those are all statements that either of you cannot say without lying.  Yeah, real good Christians the two of you are.  Remember, let those who are without sin cast the first stone.  

FYI, if you have to tell people how much of a Christian you are, how generous you are, how you are not racist, a homophobe, or a misogynist, etc.., then chances are likely you are not what you profess to be.

56 minutes ago, royiv said:

Or recognize that the party that's pushing this country towards a fascist theocracy are massive hypocrites when it comes to the ideals that they claim to be their North Star.

This times inifinity.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

22 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Everyone here acted like our inflation was inline with the rest of the world. We’re above all similar nations. 

The Trump led pandemic response was the initial inflationary impulse. It’s been aided by supply issues related to Covid and Ukraine. It was also helped by spending since Biden was elected. Janet Yellen herself referenced the American rescue Plan playing a part passed in March 2021. Thank you baby Jesus for Manchin shitting on Build Back Better. He was proven right that inflation was a concern. It’s only worsened since then. 

Funny, I’ve been told multiple times that commodity prices have nothing to do with inflation on the inflation thread.

M2 money growth exploded with the pandemic response and has remained well above the pre 2020 trend since.  That has more to do with inflation than oil.

In summary, both Trump and Biden have been a part of the inflation we’re experiencing, but Biden is the one currently in power. He also advocated for extra spending that if passed would’ve exacerbated it. All while denying it was a problem until polling told him otherwise. 

I remember you all over the Trump thread talking about printing money deficit spending etc. etc. and talking about how terrible it was when he was in charge

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Who's that? That's like one of the highest compensated CEOs on the planet, so I'm going to assume he/she's also the founder of the company (or Tim Cook).

I googled it earlier and sounds like the CEO of Expedia. And all but like a million was stock in some shape or form. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Covri said:

I googled it earlier and sounds like the CEO of Expedia. And all but like a million was stock in some shape or form. 

lol...I googled that, seems to be one off article, yeah CEO of Expedia isn't bringing home 296M in compensation, no way.

57 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I do not go around stating, "As a Christian.." like so many of your compatriots do before saying something ignorant and hateful.  I also am not trying to force my beliefs on whole swaths of the population like you and your ilk have tried to do.  I also have not committed or supported insurrection.  Those are all statements that either of you cannot say without lying.  Yeah, real good Christians the two of you are.  Remember, let those who are without sin cast the first stone.  

FYI, if you have to tell people how much of a Christian you are, how generous you are, how you are not racist, a homophobe, or a misogynist, etc.., then chances are likely you are not what you profess to be.

This times inifinity.  

You’re an ignorant ass of the highest order.   I’ve said none of those things, and you’re a generalizing piece of shit wannabe high horse motherfucker .   

is that enough equivalent superlatives for you?   

I appreciate you as a poster, except for when you high and mighty yourself without looking in the mirror and realizing you’re the same, sorry, two-faced fuck you blame everyone else with.  

Edited by Trey3216
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

You’re an ignorant ass of the highest order.   I’ve said none of those things, and you’re a generalizing piece of shit wannabe high horse motherfucker .   

I appreciate you as a poster, except for when you high and mighty yourself without looking in the mirror and realizing you’re the same, sorry, two-faced fuck you blame everyone else with.  

exactly the same. Except she is not for the violent overthrow of a free and fairly elected government.  Oh and she is not for spending $2.2M to close 3 cases of voter fraud , nor is she continuing to spread the lie that a federal election was stolen.  And she is not for making it illegal to use Plan B, have an IUD, use OCP, or even just wear a rubber. She is not for making it murder to abort a zygote. Or for banning books. Or for causing artificial supply chain issues in the name of "border security." Or for the government penalizing private businesses for paying for their employees to travel for healthcare. Or for the state telling private companies what their policies on gay rights can be. Other than all that exactly the same

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

exactly the same. Except she is not for the violent overthrow of a free and fairly elected government.  Oh and she is not for spending $2.2M to close 3 cases of voter fraud , nor is she continuing to spread the lie that a federal election was stolen.  And she is not for making it illegal to use Plan B, have an IUD, use OCP, or even just wear a rubber. She is not for making it murder to abort a zygote. Or for banning books. Or for causing artificial supply chain issues in the name of "border security." Or for the government penalizing private businesses for paying for their employees to travel for healthcare. Or for the state telling private companies what their policies on gay rights can be. Other than all that exactly the same

I’ve never been about that either, dumbass.  

you stupid fucks think anyone that disagrees with you is a redneck, Trump-sticker toting buffoon.  I’m neither.   Was t even a trump voter.  I just can’t stand fucktardedness of either “wing”.   Ignorance abounds.   

Edited by Trey3216
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

42 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

correct.  and yes, mostly stock options, but that is still obscene.  that shit will vest eventually.

And he’ll pay more taxes than what, 100k low income employees combined. We should be thanking the givers of this country rather than vilifying them for their extraordinary achievements. I don’t know is obscene about any of it. 

• Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

And he’ll pay more taxes than what, 100k low income employees combined. We should be thanking the givers of this country rather than vilifying them for their extraordinary achievements. I don’t know is obscene about any of it. 

Really?  I pay a larger percent of my income in taxes than Elon Musk does.  And more than likely, that CFO, when he exercises those options, will probably pay a lower percentage of his wages than those 100k workers thanks to SALT caps and other bullshit that the 2018 Trump tax cuts put into place.

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

season 13 GIF

Spoken like a true capitalist.
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I’ve never been about that either, dumbass.  

you stupid fucks think anyone that disagrees with you is a redneck, Trump-sticker toting buffoon.  I’m neither.   Was t even a trump voter.  I just can’t stand fucktardedness of either “wing”.   Ignorance abounds.   

Get your head out of your ass. You are on one side or the other whether you want to be or not. If you have any women in your life you care about you need to help fix this shit. Otherwise go fuck yourself

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 6

49 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

correct.  and yes, mostly stock options, but that is still obscene.  that shit will vest eventually.

No way that number is even close to correct, just no way.  A travel company coming out of a pandemic paying a guy a couple million a year is all of a sudden going to make him one of the largest non founder compensated CEOs of all time?? C'mon

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon