Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

So, who had this pegged as satire for… Wildly underestimating the jobs number?

15 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Well here we find ourselves again on the eve of our monthly Jobsgiving. Joey Paychex has had quite the month. Between surviving the COVID assassination attempt, getting Americans to the lowest uninsured rate ever in our country, educating people on what a recession truly is and not some archaic definition written by nerds, getting his bro Manchin on board with a climate, health, and tax bill, you could call it a success.  And then you see he took out the #1 guy in Al Qaeda and the son and son in law of Taliban’s #2 guy. Some would way say that’s a good thing and has ascended to the top spot in terrorists killing power rankings.

The Fed would love to see Joe $ come in around 250k jobs gained to see if the ratehikers can catch up. They got their hands on their knees right now desperately calling out “Slow down jefe, we can’t keep up.” And Two Scoops letting out a chuckle, scanning the room before taking of his aviators and says “Andale amigo.” Points to the gas signs in South Texas with the lowest average prices in the country and takes another step forward.

*Fade to black*

528k actual vs 250k estimate 

What shitbird schooling did these people get 

3 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Biden is too old to be president and I only voted for him because of my disdain for Trump.  But he is fucking crushing it.  His Fed is threading the needle to a soft landing, getting inflation under control without seeing significant increases in unemployment.  His SoS and DoD have steered Russia into losing a large scale kinetic war in Europe without a single US soldier’s boots on the ground, while also mitigating the economic fallout thru negotiations with the Saudis (oil) and Turkey (wheat).  On top of that, they’ve leveraged the event to expand NATO.  He’s effectively addressed pandemic-induced shortages of formula and fuel.  And now he’s about to pass a bill that I believe will be moderately effective at addressing RX drug prices and reducing the budget deficit.

I wish he’d been able to pass better protections for voting rights and election integrity, and I wish he could get comprehensive immigration reform to instill a firm but compassionate border policy that also serves to address a long term labor shortage (something that doesn’t even appear to be on the list).  And he’s still too old to be president.  But considering the narrow congressional majority and geopolitical conditions he’s been dealt, his administration has far exceeded my expectations so far.

You end these with a picture, that’s the rule

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Biden is too old to be president and I only voted for him because of my disdain for Trump.  But he is fucking crushing it.  His Fed is threading the needle to a soft landing, getting inflation under control without seeing significant increases in unemployment.  His SoS and DoD have steered Russia into losing a large scale kinetic war in Europe without a single US soldier’s boots on the ground, while also mitigating the economic fallout thru negotiations with the Saudis (oil) and Turkey (wheat).  On top of that, they’ve leveraged the event to expand NATO.  He’s effectively addressed pandemic-induced shortages of formula and fuel.  And now he’s about to pass a bill that I believe will be moderately effective at addressing RX drug prices and reducing the budget deficit.

I wish he’d been able to pass better protections for voting rights and election integrity, and I wish he could get comprehensive immigration reform to instill a firm but compassionate border policy that also serves to address a long term labor shortage (something that doesn’t even appear to be on the list).  And he’s still too old to be president.  But considering the narrow congressional majority and geopolitical conditions he’s been dealt, his administration has far exceeded my expectations so far.

Surprised GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

I think this is mostly true, but the voting rights and election integrity part is massive.  This will all be for naught if this isn't addressed before the mid terms.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

This is ridiculous.  I'll rewrite it from the opposite prospective:

"Biden is too old to be president and I only voted for him because of my disdain for Trump.  But he is the worst fucking president (and his polling confirms it). The last two weeks have been "good" which ironically coincides with him battling Covid and being quarantined.  His Fed is has caused the stock market to vomit all over itself for the year, inflation is as bad as it's been since early 80's while the labor participation rate is collapsing and real wages are declining.  His SoS and DoD fucked up the Afghanistan withdrawal leaving dead US soldiers and retaliated by murdering afghani kids all while returning Afghan to the Taliban and Al Qaeda.  That Afghanistan shit show encouraged Russia to invade Ukraine while murdering and raping their way through the country (with a bonus of increasing oil revenues into Russia and creating a global food and energy shortage going into winter).   He tried to mitigate the energy issue by begging a journalist murdering dictator to produce more oil and he got a middle finger in return for his fist bump.  And now he’s about to pass a bill that I believe will assfuck every tax payer in the US while continuing to give the richest of the rich unfair tax treatment.  He's also overseen a new global health emergency given his messaging ability is potato"

Happy Ice Cream GIF by The Democrats

Edited by babysdaddy
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 7

1 hour ago, babysdaddy said:

"Biden is too old to be president and I only voted for him because of my disdain for Trump.  But he is the worst fucking president (and his polling confirms it). The last two weeks have been "good" which ironically coincides with him battling Covid and being quarantined.  His Fed is has caused the stock market to vomit all over itself for the year, inflation is as bad as it's been since early 80's while the labor participation rate is collapsing and real wages are declining.  His SoS and DoD fucked up the Afghanistan withdrawal leaving dead US soldiers and retaliated by murdering afghani kids all while returning Afghan to the Taliban and Al Qaeda.  That Afghanistan shit show encouraged Russia to invade Ukraine while murdering and raping their way through the country (with a bonus of increasing oil revenues into Russia and creating a global food and energy shortage going into winter).   He tried to mitigate the energy issue by begging a journalist murdering dictator to produce more oil and he got a middle finger in return for his fist bump.  And now he’s about to pass a bill that I believe will assfuck every tax payer in the US while continuing to give the richest of the rich unfair tax treatment.  He's also overseen a new global health emergency given his messaging ability is potato"

You mean the withdrawal that Trump agreed to and never planned for, that withdrawal? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

I can't tell if @babysdaddy is trolling or if my sarcasm meter is off.  He's not wrong though.  That is how the Rs will spin it all.  Facts be damned.

And they'll cry themselves to sleep knowing they're lying and most people know they're lying. Biden's had a good week. If he can keep this momentum up through midterms and get a legitimate majority in the senate, the next two years could be big fixing the bullshit the last shitbag put us through.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I can't tell if @babysdaddy is trolling or if my sarcasm meter is off.  He's not wrong though.  That is how the Rs will spin it all.  Facts be damned.

I think he is just an idiot, but unfortunately, you are also correct. In the past, getting NATO expansion would have resulted in admiration from Republicans. Now, we just have a bunch of traitors and idiots. 

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

And they'll cry themselves to sleep knowing they're lying and most people know they're lying. Biden's had a good week. If he can keep this momentum up through midterms and get a legitimate majority in the senate, the next two years could be big fixing the bullshit the last shitbag put us through.

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I think he is just an idiot, but unfortunately, you are also correct. In the past, getting NATO expansion would have resulted in admiration from Republicans. Now, we just have a bunch of traitors and idiots. 

It is WILD to me to think that NO MATTER WHAT, they will never admit they were wrong.  500k+ jobs, -1.7 TRILLION on the deficit so far and it won't make a damn bit of difference.  

Hell, if dotard had actually done ANYTHING good, to the tune of what's happening right now, I would have eaten my crow.  That was actually my one sliver of hope in 2017 when he was inaugurated.  I remember thinking MAYBE it was all an act and now that he's President, he will drop it and actually TRY to govern.  Oh, how wrong I was, but I wish that had been the case.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It is WILD to me to think that NO MATTER WHAT, they will never admit they were wrong.  500k+ jobs, -1.7 TRILLION on the deficit so far and it won't make a damn bit of difference.  

Hell, if dotard had actually done ANYTHING good, to the tune of what's happening right now, I would have eaten my crow.  That was actually my one sliver of hope in 2017 when he was inaugurated.  I remember thinking MAYBE it was all an act and now that he's President, he will drop it and actually TRY to govern.  Oh, how wrong I was, but I wish that had been the case.

yup, Obama teed him up a chugging economy and a mostly peacetime world. look at us now. anyone who thinks 4 more years of that orangutan would be good for the US or the world should take a long walk off a short plank. seriously, you don't deserve to live and use up my resources

15 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

While I didn't think Trump was pretending , I thought at least he might manage to shake somethings up in a good way. That didn't happen unfortunately. But he did make one (perhaps only one) decent appointment with NASA and Bridenstine, and generally I liked the moves by NASA under his administration. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

While I didn't think Trump was pretending , I thought at least he might manage to shake somethings up in a good way. That didn't happen unfortunately. But he did make one (perhaps only one) decent appointment with NASA and Bridenstine, and generally I liked the moves by NASA under his administration. 

Well, thank God we might land on the moon again.

1 minute ago, Hefeweizen said:

The current sequence of economic good news is exploding brains.  It’s kind of funny because you would think good news is good but we’re seeing broken people here.

Oh, the new talking point is "taxing and spending IN A RECESSION?  Good God, what is this administration DOING?"

No concept of what the setup was.

2 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

By and large, Biden pretty much sucks, but this post is so fucking ridiculous. Any time you want to rejoin reality, we're waiting for you.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

On 6/13/2022 at 2:21 PM, Incredulity said:

30,516.74 −876.05 (2.79%)today

Congratulations to Joe Biden on building the greatest economy the world has ever seen!

The usual insight you come to expect.  Stock market = economy.  And even better, an index of 30 dinosaur stocks.  

Weird that there isn’t an update since it’s risen 10 percent from there.  And anyone who uses the DOW index as anything but a stupid headline should probably stay away from anything economic related.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

I'm really curious to know what the pay is for all of these jobs being created. How many are at $15/hr poverty wages?

IMO, someone that's "really curious" could probably be bothered to read the full reports. They broke down job gains by industry and include average hourly wage information.

Leisure and Hospitality +70K

Manufacturing +30K

Business and Professional Services +89K

Health Care +70K

Local govt. +57K (primarily school hiring)

Transportation and Warehousing +27K

Financial Services +13K

Information Services +13K

Mining and Oil & Gas +7K

Average Hourly Wage: Up $0.15 to $32.27

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

His Fed is threading the needle to a soft landing, getting inflation under control without seeing significant increases in unemployment

I hate to nitpick on a good post, especially considering the opposite attempt was the equivalent of a baby smearing shit on the windows, but this specifically isn't really true, not yet at least. It could be. Just not yet.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

image.png.eca77246f37b97c02fea33316aa6fccc.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Hefeweizen said:

The current sequence of economic good news is exploding brains.  It’s kind of funny because you would think good news is good but we’re seeing broken people here.

Biden could’ve created 1 million jobs this month and idiots like Tom Cotton would still be saying Biden is unfit for office and Trump is a god who we all dearly miss everyday.

The flipside is if Trump was in office right now, all the MAGA idiots would be trumpeting the jobs report and the unemployment rate while saying anyone talking about a recession is a “ never trumper”. there would probably be some national law going through the halls of congress to outlaw abortion completely, elections would be under attack on a daily basis, the US postal system would be almost non-existent. 

I know it’s popular to drag Biden for being too old and ineffectual, but I’d argue that his record of accomplishment compares favorably with any president in recent memory. We got so used to hearing Trump brag on himself, it seems almost a dereliction of duty for Biden to do the same. It’s this kind of life changing stuff his administration does that goes largely unnoticed:

https://www.yahoo.com/now/biden-administration-pledges-support-lowndes-020005441.html

EPA Administrator Michael Regan, USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack and White House Infrastructure Coordinator Mitch Landrieu traveled to Lowndes this week to announce the Closing America’s Wastewater Access Gap Community Initiative. It is a pilot program that will operate in 11 communities across the country to secure federal funding and install adequate wastewater infrastructure like indoor plumbing and sewage systems.

“Too many people have waited far too long for the government to actually work,” Vilsack said at Tuesday’s gathering. “I am going physically back to Washington, but I’m staying here mentally. We have to rebuild trust in government.”

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

I know it’s popular to drag Biden for being too old and ineffectual, but I’d argue that his record of accomplishment compares favorably with any president in recent memory. We got so used to hearing Trump brag on himself, it seems almost a dereliction of duty for Biden to do the same. It’s this kind of life changing stuff his administration does that goes largely unnoticed:

https://www.yahoo.com/now/biden-administration-pledges-support-lowndes-020005441.html

EPA Administrator Michael Regan, USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack and White House Infrastructure Coordinator Mitch Landrieu traveled to Lowndes this week to announce the Closing America’s Wastewater Access Gap Community Initiative. It is a pilot program that will operate in 11 communities across the country to secure federal funding and install adequate wastewater infrastructure like indoor plumbing and sewage systems.

“Too many people have waited far too long for the government to actually work,” Vilsack said at Tuesday’s gathering. “I am going physically back to Washington, but I’m staying here mentally. We have to rebuild trust in government.”

One thing going under the radar is that the Biden administration (because he no doubt has a team doing most of the work) has appointed more federal judges than any President since at least Reagan, and the most judges as a percentage of total seats on the Federal bench since Reagan. The Biden administration has consistently made good on its promise to diversify the bench. If Democrats are able to hold the Senate, Biden could go down as a President that transformed the Federal judiciary, even if it is just one term.

Of course, barring something totally unforeseen, he will only have the one SC justice, which admittedly counts for more.

I don't enthusiastically approve of his performance - on balance I'd say he's been the mediocre President I expected - but it's been a better administration than the Trump-adjacent approval ratings show.

• Hook 'Em 5

Honest question, because I don't remember anything else, and I am clearly biased.  Other than the massive corporate and rich people tax cut bill, what big thing(s?) did the dotard administration do?  I feel like that was literally the only large piece of legislation they passed.

Edited by Biff Tannen
there was a wilderness/outdoor bill, but that was something that had been in the works for almost a decade. good for him for not vetoing it I guess.

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon