Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

Does Biden even need to run a second time? He’s done more in 18 months than any President of consequence before.

Immigration and election integrity then call it a wrap. Can WFH the rest of the time.

Gay marriage too. Getting a vote in September. I think it’s close to 60 - somewhere around 57/58 with a bunch of fence sitters. 

32 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

To be honest, I’m wondering if some of the R’s “yes” buttons even work anymore. They’ve voted against so much bipartisan legislation lately.

Whoever coined that term ‘the party of NO’, probably during Obama’s term, was absolutely on the nose.  

I’m not really sure what they’re for anymore…because their stance is all an exercise in contradiction:  they espouse small government (build the wall, corporate tax breaks, etc), limited regulation and oversight (see 2008 financial crisis, or trying to castrate renewables), and personal freedom (abortion, voting, gay marriage, church and state, etc).  

7 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Whoever coined that term ‘the party of NO’, probably during Obama’s term, was absolutely on the nose.  

I’m not really sure what they’re for anymore…because their stance is all an exercise in contradiction:  they espouse small government (build the wall, corporate tax breaks, etc), limited regulation and oversight (see 2008 financial crisis, or trying to castrate renewables), and personal freedom (abortion, voting, gay marriage, church and state, etc).  

They are for whatever the democrats aren’t and against whatever the democrats want. That’s it 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Homercles said:

They are for lowering the tax burden of the rich and corporations. That's it. That's all the Republican Party stands for. Everything else is just a means to an end.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

It really is incredible that literally everything is on party lines now.  This is not at all how congress is supposed to work.

Eh, not really

The only thing that matters is the W/L. The score is irrelevant.

Once the outcome is secure, it is in everyone’s best interest to vote in the way most likely to help their next election.

2 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

To be honest, I’m wondering if some of the R’s “yes” buttons even work anymore. They’ve voted against so much bipartisan legislation lately.

Oh they'll use the Aye button repeatedly.

On some shit that Boobert or MTG come up with.

4 hours ago, Homercles said:

It’s hard to respect them and take them seriously.  States rights issues such as marijuana reform and abortion are the ultimate personal freedom type issues and they want to rapidly oppose both while sending us back to the 50’s.  Such a weird ass party.

Edited by Voldemort86

11 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

It’s hard to respect them and take them seriously.  States rights issues such as marijuana reform and abortion are the ultimate personal freedom type issues and they want to rapidly oppose both while sending us back to the 50’s.  Such a weird ass party.

They aren't weird.  They are amoral pieces of hypocritical shit that don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves.  Both politicians and voters alike.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon