Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

Probably an unpopular take, but I think Biden has been a failure so far.  He is certainly not the man for the job of cleaning up Trumps mess.  

He's weak, ineffectual and doesn't seem to have a vision for America...at least not one I've heard articulated.  

The worst part is that I'll have to vote for him again if he runs in 2024.  FML

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Probably an unpopular take, but I think Biden has been a failure so far.  He is certainly not the man for the job of cleaning up Trumps mess.  

He's weak, ineffectual and doesn't seem to have a vision for America...at least not one I've heard articulated.  

I think a majority of those on here agree with you. Unfortunately there are currently no easy answers for who should run in his place atm. If the economy is in bad shape in summer/fall '24, then we're getting President DeSantis regardless of who the Dem candidate is.

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Sweatergawd, with no PAC, no fund, and armed with nothing but a dry erase marker and a whiteboard at a debate--Katie Porter would annihilate everyone. But we're too stupid to do it.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

She'll win the CA senate race in two years to succeed Feinstein.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 3:19 PM, DixonHur said:

At least the price of gas is going down.

On 7/1/2022 at 3:47 PM, gmr548 said:

His approval rating currently averages 39.2% at 538, so no, not an unpopular take.

More or less how I feel. I don't blame inflation on him any more that I do Trump - which is to say, not much blame placed at all - and he has done a good job with Ukraine. He seems to have a decent team running the day to day at federal agencies. He's ahead of every President in at least 40 years in terms of district/appeals court confirmations at this point of their term. 

But the lack of action or even a sense of urgency on the two existential issues of our time: climate and GOP/Trumpist fascism, are damning. I'm not necessarily surprised, I expected him to be a mediocre President.

I felt I had no choice but to vote for him against Trump; and all that said, I will almost certainly feel that way against anyone with an R by their name in 2024. 

His approval rating is in the gutter but there still seems to be a real reluctance among many to be critical of Biden on this board.  I find myself defending him for things I wouldn't normally defend other politicians for, maybe because there is only one alternative and it's so much worse.

Truthfully though he's exactly who he always was, and there's a reason he didn't win his first two times running.  Now he's just painfully old, too.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Even if I don't approve of Joe Biden's performance in office I will vote for him if he is the nominee because he isn't a Republican. 

Like Tom said, the alternative is worse.

Exactly.  I'd like to have a chance to dig out of whatever hole we could end up in rather than let the other party actually destroy the nation and have nothing to dig out of at all.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Even if I don't approve of Joe Biden's performance in office I will vote for him if he is the nominee because he isn't a Republican. 

Like Tom said, the alternative is worse.

Biden isn’t great, but I would vote for his rotting corpse over Republican. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Balcones said:

Wait, is that a real tweet? He is asking gas station owners to lower gas prices because he thinks there is a high margin between wholesale and retail?

yikes. that tweet is awful. love his foreign policy stuff in Ukraine but pretty much anything economy/domestic is cringy. Tweets like this just open the flood gates for the mouthbreathers 

• Like 1

Exactly.  I'd like to have a chance to dig out of whatever hole we could end up in rather than let the other party actually destroy the nation and have nothing to dig out of at all.

It’s not just the nation, we will turn our back on Ukraine and NATO when Trump/Desantis is elected. Shit, we will probably aid Russia.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

I would be happy just knowing what their cost is.

Maybe the oil barons know?  More to the point, had Rs voted for the bill that was going to prevent price gouging, perhaps we could have avoided some of this.  Guess we'll never know.

On 6/26/2022 at 12:23 PM, David Dennison said:

Brought to you by an archaic constitutional system we are taught from childhood to venerate.

It was a good system. Eventually demons found a way to exploit it for their benefit. That’s what they do, thus the need for eternal vigilance when you see the experiment strayed too far from the ideal. The vigilance and earnest self examination part was eventually forgotten, co-opted, and turned to nationalism under the guise of patriotism and because of an insecure, pathological need to be seen as exceptional. The bigly best. Given your vast superiority, it’s only right to kidnap democracy, ensure hegemony, and enrich yourself and your cronies. That’s the American way?

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
Pardon the rant. This 4th of July I’m a disgusted American.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Maybe the oil barons know?  More to the point, had Rs voted for the bill that was going to prevent price gouging, perhaps we could have avoided some of this.  Guess we'll never know.

Year Average retail gasoline margin (CPG)
2016 19.9
2017 21.8
2018 24.0
2019 24.8
2020* 34.8

https://www.cspdailynews.com/fuels/2020-fuels-50-national-gasoline-margins

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Well then I guess people should shut the fuck up and quit whining eh?

People can say what they want. We need price stability but telling a retailer to cut prices when they aren’t the root cause is kinda shitty.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, troph said:

People can say what they want. We need price stability but telling a retailer to cut prices when they aren’t the root cause is kinda shitty.  

To be fair, I read it as wholesale, so mea culpa.  That said, I work from home most of the time and my wife drives an EV, so I'm not really affected.

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, troph said:

34% margin doesn’t seem like price gouging that seems like the retailer finally having decent margins. 

That was in 2020 and was considerably higher than previous margins.  When I think of commodities, I think of margins in the high single digits to low double digits, not in the 30% range.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon