Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

13 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Sigh. Fact check:

Reveal hidden contents

Then former VP Biden (June 2, 2020) "there is no place for violence, no place for looting or destroying property or burning churches or destroying businesses."

Biden (May 31, 2020): "...protesting police brutality is “right and necessary” and the “American response."

“But burning down communities and needless destruction is not,” Biden wrote. “Violence that endangers lives is not. Violence that guts and shutters businesses that serve the community is not.”

Biden (May 29 2020) "people have a right to be, in fact, angry and frustrated. And more violence, hurting more people, isn’t going to answer the question."

Rep Clyburn (June 2020): "the movement for racial justice suffers when it is “hijacked” by violence.

"We have to make sure we do not allow ourselves to play the other person’s game. Peaceful protest is our game. Violence is their game. Purposeful protest is our game. This looting and rioting, that's their game. We cannot allow ourselves to play their game. Breaking out a window will not contribute to that. Setting a fire, throwing stones at police officers, that’s destructive behavior, which will not contribute to anything that will make this a better country and make a better future for our children and our grandchildren.”

Mayor Lori Lightfoot (multiple occasions 2020, this statement from August): "there is no justification for criminal behavior. There cannot be any excuse for it, period. This was not legitimate First Amendment protected speech."

Mayor Ted Wheeler: "When you commit arson with an accelerant in an attempt to burn down a building that is occupied by people who you have intentionally trapped inside, you are not demonstrating, you are attempting to commit murder."

I'm trying to make supper so that's all I'm going to do for now.

Don’t waste your time. We all know he’s lying. He knows he’s lying. He also knows that one riot was a spontaneous occurrence in response to yet another black man murdered by the police and the other was fomented by the man tasked with the protection and well-being of the country.  He just doesn’t care

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

The current administration knows they are in trouble and the only play they have is beating the 1/6 drum. Given how much they have bungled just about every issue during their tenure, I predict this will backfire.

I'm trying to think of a single thing Biden has mishandled and I can't think of one.  

Afghanistan exit was ugly but his Presidential-level responsibility to get us out.  The military was the execution part.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

One thing about Sack is that he's consistent. There's something about Thursdays that always gets him into aggro-asshole mode.

Thirsty Thursday mean drunk.  

Also, he's here always.  Not a drive by like Monkey Donut or Macklemore.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Thought Jan 6 was dumb.  But not an insurrection.  If it was, the trespasser would have brought a few guns.  

I also find it rich from a group of people that supported the Steele Dossier and a bullshit Russian collusion hoax for years in an attempted to coup to remove a sitting president.

It's not like leftist rioters forced a President into a bunker to save his life, and then publicly laughed about it. It was also reported 50 secret service agents were injured during the riot. It was the same riot that burned down two historical monuments. Note, not a single democrat condemned the rioters or the violence that day. None. No media personalities, no politicians, none of them. Instead they fabricated a story that Trump had protestors tear gassed, even though the DC police chief said it was his call and had nothing to do with the White House. They completely ignored the attack on an American institution that literally shut down executive functions.

But if that wasn't bad enough. They then mocked Trump for "hiding in a bunker". While their jack boots were attacking their political opposition, they mocked the president for being forced into the bunker by the Secret Service. That's the Democrats attempting to appear to have the high ground on Jan 6 and the media going along with their vast exaggeration.

So spare me your faux outrage.  You don't give a shit. This is all Realpolitik at this point. 

Now you're just making shit up. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

Don’t waste your time. We all know he’s lying. He knows he’s lying. He also knows that one riot was a spontaneous occurrence in response to yet another black man murdered by the police and the other was fomented by the man tasked with the protection and well-being of the country.  He just doesn’t care

Yeah. Multiple 1/6 defendants have been charged with bringing guns, and there's that whole pipe bombs were planted to distract police thing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

I'm trying to think of a single thing Biden has mishandled and I can't think of one.  

Afghanistan exit was ugly but his Presidential-level responsibility to get us out.  The military was the execution part.

Afghanistan was 10 years overdue. We finally got a president who had the guts to finally pull the plug and stop up the trillion dollar money spigot. And that includes a failure of Obama for the both sides crowd.

So of course the right and the war machine bitches and whines about it. It’s just what they do.

12 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Yeah. Multiple 1/6 defendants have been charged with bringing guns, and there's that whole pipe bombs were planted to distract police thing. 

It only took one bullet to stop pence. Thankfully that bullet never had the opportunity to be used. 

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Thought Jan 6 was dumb.  But not an insurrection.  If it was, the trespasser would have brought a few guns.  

I also find it rich from a group of people that supported the Steele Dossier and a bullshit Russian collusion hoax for years in an attempted to coup to remove a sitting president.

It's not like leftist rioters forced a President into a bunker to save his life, and then publicly laughed about it. It was also reported 50 secret service agents were injured during the riot. It was the same riot that burned down two historical monuments. Note, not a single democrat condemned the rioters or the violence that day. None. No media personalities, no politicians, none of them. Instead they fabricated a story that Trump had protestors tear gassed, even though the DC police chief said it was his call and had nothing to do with the White House. They completely ignored the attack on an American institution that literally shut down executive functions.

But if that wasn't bad enough. They then mocked Trump for "hiding in a bunker". While their jack boots were attacking their political opposition, they mocked the president for being forced into the bunker by the Secret Service. That's the Democrats attempting to appear to have the high ground on Jan 6 and the media going along with their vast exaggeration.

So spare me your faux outrage.  You don't give a shit. This is all Realpolitik at this point. 

Pretending like January 6 was just one fucking day where things just got a little out of hand is fucking adorable.

January 6th is the culmination of 4 years of a sitting U.S. President lying through his teeth about fraudulent elections at every opportunity. Who gives a fuck if he actually meant to incite violence? He purposely riled up his crazed followers by attacking one of the bedrocks of American democracy (free and fair elections, in case I need to spell it out for you). No shit they were pissed. I'd be pissed too if I was an idiot, and believed my President telling me that my vote was ignored.

It's about the hundreds of Congress and state government representatives who giddily plotted ways to attempt to overthrow the result of the election. Then, using the "doubt in our election process" narrative that they fucking created with their lies, pushed voter suppression laws out like hotcakes to make democracy coming out on top just a little bit harder next time.

It's about having it be proven what most of us already knew: the White House, for the past 4 years, was run by Fox News.

Go spread your lies somewhere else my man.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Sigh. Fact check:

Reveal hidden contents

Then former VP Biden (June 2, 2020) "there is no place for violence, no place for looting or destroying property or burning churches or destroying businesses."

Biden (May 31, 2020): "...protesting police brutality is “right and necessary” and the “American response."

“But burning down communities and needless destruction is not,” Biden wrote. “Violence that endangers lives is not. Violence that guts and shutters businesses that serve the community is not.”

Biden (May 29 2020) "people have a right to be, in fact, angry and frustrated. And more violence, hurting more people, isn’t going to answer the question."

Rep Clyburn (June 2020): "the movement for racial justice suffers when it is “hijacked” by violence.

"We have to make sure we do not allow ourselves to play the other person’s game. Peaceful protest is our game. Violence is their game. Purposeful protest is our game. This looting and rioting, that's their game. We cannot allow ourselves to play their game. Breaking out a window will not contribute to that. Setting a fire, throwing stones at police officers, that’s destructive behavior, which will not contribute to anything that will make this a better country and make a better future for our children and our grandchildren.”

Mayor Lori Lightfoot (multiple occasions 2020, this statement from August): "there is no justification for criminal behavior. There cannot be any excuse for it, period. This was not legitimate First Amendment protected speech."

Mayor Ted Wheeler: "When you commit arson with an accelerant in an attempt to burn down a building that is occupied by people who you have intentionally trapped inside, you are not demonstrating, you are attempting to commit murder."

I'm trying to make supper so that's all I'm going to do for now.

trumpers struggle with facts.  that's not a slight, that's a true statement.  they have their own independent set that they use when it suits them.  remember, this is a group that started abandoning fox fucking news over a year ago because it wasn't batshit enough.

the other day they had the dude on cnn, he's british, i can't remember his name, doing man-on-the-street pieces with trumpers about jan 6th.  these women were 100% certain it was some combination of the fbi, the dems, antifa, etc and trump had nothing to do with it, and no trump supporters were even there. 

when the wife was like, "how does this woman explain all the fox news hosts and his kids' texts that day?"  i sighed and had to remind her that fox news, oann, newsmax did not report on that story.  therefore it is not news, and will be forever dismissed as fake. 

there's no getting through to these people as long as they can find other salad forks to agree with them.

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

He 100% believes it.  I don't know how you make it through law school without learning any critical thinking skills, but he managed to pull it off!

He has critical thinking skills, quite unlike the idiots he relies on to support his agenda and vote against their own interest.

He just applies those skills to advance his own agenda of no taxation for me (capital) and more taxation for thee (labor). He didn’t actually think trump would to pull it off until he did. Which is why he didn’t vote for Trump in 2016 and then did in 2020. With the tax cuts which overwhelmingly favored capital, Trump earned his trust.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Pretending like January 6 was just one fucking day where things just got a little out of hand is fucking adorable.

January 6th is the culmination of 4 years of a sitting U.S. President lying through his teeth about fraudulent elections at every opportunity. Who gives a fuck if he actually meant to incite violence? He purposely riled up his crazed followers by attacking one of the bedrocks of American democracy (free and fair elections, in case I need to spell it out for you). No shit they were pissed. I'd be pissed too if I was an idiot, and believed my President telling me that my vote was ignored.

It's about the hundreds of Congress and state government representatives who giddily plotted ways to attempt to overthrow the result of the election. Then, using the "doubt in our election process" narrative that they fucking created with their lies, pushed voter suppression laws out like hotcakes to make democracy coming out on top just a little bit harder next time.

It's about having it be proven what most of us already knew: the White House, for the past 4 years, was run by Fox News.

Go spread your lies somewhere else my man.

This is all correct but it Is a culmination of 60 plus years, not 4. This was all predesigned. Admittedly they all have somewhat differing interests and goals, which is understandable given the amount of interests involved. 

12 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

He has critical thinking skills, quite unlike the idiots he relies on to support his agenda and vote against their own interest.

He just applies those skills to advance his own agenda of no taxation for me (capital) and more taxation for thee (labor). He didn’t actually think trump would to pull it off until he did. Which is why he didn’t vote for Trump in 2016 and then did in 2020. With the tax cuts which overwhelmingly favored capital, Trump earned his trust.

You're probably right.  He's protecting his future inheritance, you know.  Meemaw hasn't kicked the bucket yet.  And then his parents still have to die.

So I guess he goes in the evil MAGA bucket instead of the stupid one...

Edited by Chewbacca
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Tell me about it.

I’ve known a couple heavy drinkers die when they tried to just quit cold turkey and were in denial. Not saying that’s him at all because I don’t know him but it’s not something to be trifled with at all. It’s a clinical thing for sure. 

Edited by JimmyJames

Oh and he’s senile. But still better than the tub of shit that occupied that office for four years and tried to destroy everything this country was built on while spreading hate, fear, and disinformation all over the world. 

Is that you, Billie Eilish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fuck You 9

Man, fuck that.   This ain't fringe shit.
A 57% majority of Republicans say that there has been too much attention paid to the Jan. 6 riot
https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2021/09/28/declining-share-of-republicans-say-it-is-important-to-prosecute-jan-6-rioters/

Whoa! Surprised you’re not ramping up to shoot up Republicans playing softball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fuck You 23

Joe Biden is easily the best Republican President of my lifetime and for conservatives, I’m not sure what there is to hate about the guy.  He’s not going to do shit on guns, abortion, or drugs.  He’s not going to raise your taxes. He’s not going to start a war.  No major reform initiatives outside of infrastructure.  No public option on healthcare.  No open borders. No court expansion. Ideologically and on policy, Joe Biden should be perfect for the right wingers. It’s still hard for me to believe they’d rather have Trump than this guy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

trumpers struggle with facts.  that's not a slight, that's a true statement.  they have their own independent set that they use when it suits them.  remember, this is a group that started abandoning fox fucking news over a year ago because it wasn't batshit enough.

the other day they had the dude on cnn, he's british, i can't remember his name, doing man-on-the-street pieces with trumpers about jan 6th.  these women were 100% certain it was some combination of the fbi, the dems, antifa, etc and trump had nothing to do with it, and no trump supporters were even there. 

when the wife was like, "how does this woman explain all the fox news hosts and his kids' texts that day?"  i sighed and had to remind her that fox news, oann, newsmax did not report on that story.  therefore it is not news, and will be forever dismissed as fake. 

there's no getting through to these people as long as they can find other salad forks to agree with them.

i mean i really just don't know how we survive this. for real. 😕

16 minutes ago, mchookem said:

there are plenty of smart people out there who maintain that america is way too big and broad to be “one country” that’s aligned in any meaningful way.

they use europe as an example. travel from new jersey to utah, see the variety of life as you go. do that same mileage (kilometerage?) in europe and see what makes more sense. 

borders are mostly pointless in the 21st century, it may all come down to states rights by the end. of course i write this from the bluest of blue bubbles so maybe my view is warped. 

250 years is a pretty good run. 

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, mchookem said:

We don’t. The sooner we accept that the easier it will be when it all comes to an end. Start planning where you’ll move. I’m thinking Australia, my bff and his wife are already citizens there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Joe Biden is easily the best Republican President of my lifetime and for conservatives, I’m not sure what there is to hate about the guy.  He’s not going to do shit on guns, abortion, or drugs.  He’s not going to raise your taxes. He’s not going to start a war.  No major reform initiatives outside of infrastructure.  No public option on healthcare.  No open borders. No court expansion. Ideologically and on policy, Joe Biden should be perfect for the right wingers. It’s still hard for me to believe they’d rather have Trump than this guy. 

Cons are not happy about the diversity of record number of appellate judges he’s had confirmed to US courts.

5 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

It absolutely was an insurrection, with the stated purpose of changing the results of a free, fair, and proper election, with involvement from the then President and his cronies.  Some of the insurgents did bring firearms.  The fact that they were not used does not magically make them disappear.

No person on the planet, other than maybeTrump, thought that the protesters in DC could have gotten to him, even outside his bunker.  And I seem to remember Trump saying that he wasn't going to the bunker out of fear of anyone getting into the White House, he was just there to inspect it.  Which one is it, Sack?

The simple fact is that a larger crowd posed no immediate threat to entering the White House, and did not.  There is no meaningful comparison between the two situations.  At least to reasonable people.

• Hook 'Em 6

24 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

It absolutely was an insurrection, with the stated purpose of changing the results of a free, fair, and proper election, with involvement from the then President and his cronies.  Some of the insurgents did bring firearms.  The fact that they were not used does not magically make them disappear.

No person on the planet, other than maybeTrump, thought that the protesters in DC could have gotten to him, even outside his bunker.  And I seem to remember Trump saying that he wasn't going to the bunker out of fear of anyone getting into the White House, he was just there to inspect it.  Which one is it, Sack?

The simple fact is that a larger crowd posed no immediate threat to entering the White House, and did not.  There is no meaningful comparison between the two situations.  At least to reasonable people.

You’re replying to someone that supports traitors. You’re wasting your time. 

• Like 2

there are plenty of smart people out there who maintain that america is way too big and broad to be “one country” that’s aligned in any meaningful way.
they use europe as an example. travel from new jersey to utah, see the variety of life as you go. do that same mileage (kilometerage?) in europe and see what makes more sense. 
borders are mostly pointless in the 21st century, it may all come down to states rights by the end. of course i write this from the bluest of blue bubbles so maybe my view is warped. 

There’s way too much invested in this country as a single market/economy for it to break up. Corporations are simply not going to allow that.

21 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

There’s way too much invested in this country as a single market/economy for it to break up. Corporations are simply not going to allow that.

If we’re counting on corporations to save us then we’re already fucked. Just look at the corporations that supported the Nazis. Even today, the ones that said they would stop contributions to congressman that voted against certification went back to funding them. Corporations won’t save us, they’ll profit off fascism and the dissolution of the republic. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

If we’re counting on corporations to save us then we’re already fucked. Just look at the corporations that supported the Nazis. Even today, the ones that said they would stop contributions to congressman that voted against certification went back to funding them. Corporations won’t save us, they’ll profit off fascism and the dissolution of the republic. 

In many cases, IMO the corporate culture is such that hubris wins ala the Leopards Eating People's Faces mindset. Lot more Siemens than Schindlers, and even he started out as a profiteer.

Let’s see where we are at the end of Biden’s term:

It was during his campaign for the presidency that Johnson developed the ideas behind the Great Society — legislation that would fuel the war on poverty. Universal programs like Medicare and anti-poverty programs like Medicaid and support for poor schools, through the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, were all passed after Johnson was reelected…

…Biden’s support of political reform — including automatic voter registrationpublic financing, anti-corruption measures and all the reform of H.R. 1, the expansive democracy bill passed in the House — could dramatically expand participatory power of our elections and reshape our democracy.

And he has set up a process with Bernie Sanders where he may develop an even more progressive agenda on many issues.

Johnson was a candidate characterized as moderate who defeated an extreme Republican and thereby created a large scale governing mandate to pass popular, large scale structural changes to redress inequality and racism. There are lessons here for today’s liberals. It is to concentrate on and work toward the margin victory. A moderate president with strong margins in the House and Senate can achieve many more liberal goals than a liberal without the Senate. 
 https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/04/24/lesson-lyndon-johnson-joe-biden-progressives-bernie-sanders-column/2999880001/

Am I the only person besides Hugo that woke up extremely frustrated with the Democrats this morning? We desperately need a strong Democratic Party that passes solid legislation to address critical issues of the country.

They have had control of Congress for over a year and have accomplished nothing outside of the infrastructure bill. It’s extremely frustrating that the progressives and Manchin have gone into a year long stand-off.

I understand that everyone wanted to go big with the 1.8/3Tpackage, and it’s fine that they negotiated for many months, but they should have ditched the arguing six months ago and started passing piecemeal legislation. They only have potential control of Congress for another 11 months. They better get moving. 

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Am I the only person besides Hugo that woke up extremely frustrated with the Democrats this morning? We desperately need a strong Democratic Party that passes solid legislation to address critical issues of the country.

They have had control of Congress for over a year and have accomplished nothing outside of the infrastructure bill. It’s extremely frustrating that the progressives and Manchin have gone into a year long stand-off.

I understand that everyone wanted to go big with the 1.8/3Tpackage, and it’s fine that they negotiated for many months, but they should have ditched the arguing six months ago and started passing piecemeal legislation. They only have potential control of Congress for another 11 months. They better get moving. 

Combining your thoughts with @Satchel's post, that may be a good path rather than the go big or go home philosophy because it's looking more and more like they'll be going home since they've lost control of the narrative/framing on much of this. Get the ball rolling, build up some steam and then plow forward. Right now, the obstructionists are dominating the airwaves with snowpocalypse and are less concerned with assisting the nation move forward than dismantling it.

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

and started passing piecemeal legislation.

you can't do that without getting rid of the filibuster.  so long as the filibuster remains in place you only get a couple shots each year at doing anything that can't peel off 10 republicans.

Edited by elfenix

On 1/6/2022 at 9:46 PM, henrygandorf said:

^ This is the answer.

8 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Respectfully, that infrastructure bill was not chopped liver. That was a real win and something Biden/Dems and all of government should be proud of. It addressed a need, provides value, and was more or less bipartisan in support. That was a great example of government in action and working for all.

My $0.02 at least and it sounds like you were diminishing the impact and win there. Biden gets a real skin on the wall for that IMO.

Edited by TurkeyChew
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon