2022 Poker: Ship it!

Lurch

Late last night at the Lodge and stuck for -250. Been card dead for awhile and on the button I get J7 spades, have around 250 in chips. OTG straddles for 5. HJ and myself call, SB folds, BB call. OTG raises to 15, all call, four to the flop.

Flop is Qs Jc 9c which checks around. Turn is Jh. Checks around to me and I bet $20. BB and OTG call, HJ folds. Pot is just over 120.

River is 7h which gives me full house. BB checks and now OTG takes over betting with a bet of $90...

I have $206 in front of me.....Call? Raise? Fold?

1 hour ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Late last night at the Lodge and stuck for -250. Been card dead for awhile and on the button I get J7 spades, have around 250 in chips. OTG straddles for 5. HJ and myself call, SB folds, BB call. OTG raises to 15, all call, four to the flop.

Flop is Qs Jc 9c which checks around. Turn is Jh. Checks around to me and I bet $20. BB and OTG call, HJ folds. Pot is just over 120.

River is 7h which gives me full house. BB checks and now OTG takes over betting with a bet of $90...

I have $206 in front of me.....Call? Raise? Fold?

Did I miss the part in the game where you get another card after the river?  Jam.  All day.   Every day.  If someone has you beat - so be it.  It's not your night.

12 hours ago, Lurch said:

You serious, Clark?

Jam

11 hours ago, dirtonia said:

Lolol, ya…

11 hours ago, deech said:

Did I miss the part in the game where you get another card after the river?  Jam.  All day.   Every day.  If someone has you beat - so be it.  It's not your night.

Ha. Thanks guys for the responses.

Last 6-7 sessions I have run into some @TXSooner518 type runouts no matter how I have played (slow, aggressive, whatever) where my opponents have somehow caught up. If they have 5 outs or less, they are sure to get there and make their hand. Just wanted to check here with some other players before I lose my sanity, go postal, quit playing altogether (the wife would LOVE that) , or some type of combination of  ALL 3. 

I did (thinking just for a bit, should he have a higher boat ) what the 3 of you said and JAMMED.....big blind couldn't fold fast enough for the OTG better ($90) to snap call me. He says "I have a full house " as he is flips his cards and I knew what he had, yep......QJ off for a higher boat and the pot.

THANKS for playing. 

Again, I appreciate the feedback. Good Luck! at the tables.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Ha. Thanks guys for the responses.

Last 6-7 sessions I have run into some @TXSooner518 type runouts no matter how I have played (slow, aggressive, whatever) where my opponents have somehow caught up. If they have 5 outs or less, they are sure to get there and make their hand. Just wanted to check here with some other players before I lose my sanity, go postal, quit playing altogether (the wife would LOVE that) , or some type of combination of  ALL 3. 

I did (thinking just for a bit, should he have a higher boat ) what the 3 of you said and JAMMED.....big blind couldn't fold fast enough for the OTG better ($90) to snap call me. He says "I have a full house " as he is flips his cards and I knew what he had, yep......QJ off for a higher boat and the pot.

THANKS for playing. 

Again, I appreciate the feedback. Good Luck! at the tables.

After the bet of $90 you don't have enough behind to make it a decision.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

Kind of sick pride in being the measuring stick for absurd beats. This is from my playbook for sure, combo of horrific runout and questionable decisions by villain that reward them and punish us to max extent. emoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.png

Wasn't meant to be a kick in the balls to you ( though you are a sooner🙂) but knew that you are on the board and I value your's and other's feedback, in case I might have misplayed something.

Oh, and I have been a small backer (1%) for you for years. Waiting for the luck and cards to turn for you.🤘

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Like 1

Wasn't meant to be a kick in the balls to you ( though you are a sooner) but knew that you are on the board and I value your's and other's feedback, in case I might have misplayed something.
Oh, and I have been a small backer (1%) for you for years. Waiting for the luck and cards to turn for you.

Hahaha not a kick in the balls at all! Let’s wreck em up this summer!
  • Hook 'Em 1

First orbit, $2/5 w $800

I open UTG to $25 w QsJs. UTG1, LJ, CO, SB all call. $125 pot.

Jh9h9d. I make it $40 and all call. $325 pot.

Td. Checks to LJ (1k behind) who makes it $75. CO makes it $200 with $250 more behind. SB calls w $200 more behind.

Fold, call, raise, shove?

13 hours ago, Lurch said:

First orbit, $2/5 w $800

I open UTG to $25 w QsJs. UTG1, LJ, CO, SB all call. $125 pot.

Jh9h9d. I make it $40 and all call. $325 pot.

Td. Checks to LJ (1k behind) who makes it $75. CO makes it $200 with $250 more behind. SB calls w $200 more behind.

Fold, call, raise, shove?

Are you ever checking that flop?

Yeah for sure. The “I’m sure you’re good” is crazy. 99 and 77 seem more likely than K9 or K7 or KQ plus he is gonna have missed flush draw/combo draws.

Maybe he has bet sizing or other tells that we don’t know about. I also would raise turn for sure.

I’m glad you posted this one because I was watching live and couldn’t figure out why he was so sure he was losing when called

I’m guessing he determined it was K9 on the turn and was trapping for a river shove

Also Ben is annoying as fuck. He is every rooms “that guy” determined to make sure everyone knows he pokers

Had an interesting tournament last night at shuffle.

They do a plo freeroll every Sunday at 7pm with $1500 guaranteed. Generally around 10-15 players. Daily seat fee is $10, tournament entry is $30. Top 3 get paid. So about 20% chance to cash, and with about half the players having no clue I'm sure it's higher than that. First is $750 so 1 in 15 to turn $40 into $750.

About 3 hands in a guy at the other end of the table asks "This isn't Texas hold em is it?"

Guy then goes on a heater, going from $10k to over $100k in a couple of hands. One hand had AxKcJx flop, turn and river are small clubs, strong player potted all three bets and he called them all, turns over his hand and says "I only have a pair of Jacks". He failed to notice his Jack and four were clubs, giving him a flush. Strong player was livid, mumbling "fucking flush you didn't even know you had."

I add on $20k figuring I should be able to double up against him at some point. A few hands later blinds are $500-$1k, get AAQJ, raise to $3k, he raises to $10k, I repot to $34k. Flop is Kxx with two hearts and he jams, I assume he's got pocket kings but pot is $100k and I only have around $10k left so I call. Turn is J, river 10 giving me broadway. No other hearts come. He proudly turns over his hand and proclaims "Nut Flush". I panic for a second and then look back at board and there's only 2 hearts. I look at his hand and it's AT86, all hearts. He is shocked and pissed he can't use 3 cards in his hand for the flush.

A few hands later I get AA again and it holds up and I double through him again and he's down from $100k to less than $10k. I figured that was it but he pulled out $100 and added on to get $50k more in chips. A few hands later he's moved to other table and atm is closed. Strong player is livid he never got a chance to get his chips back.

A couple of hands after he leaves I get a tap on the shoulder to move to the other table. I get all excited to get the rest of that guys money and I get to the table and he's not there. He just got knocked out. Average stack at that time was about $75k, I had $150k and I look over and a guy is still stacking chips and has about $600k, over half the money in play.

I play one hand at the new table and we then move to the final table. Giant stack ends up to my right, I get AA on 3 of the first 4 hands at the final table and win all 3, stack 2 others and now have $400k to his $600k and no one else has $100k. 

Big stack ends up dumping all but $30k to another guy over a series of hands, but then slowly starts getting it back. Other players are all out and down to final 3 and they keep going back and forth. Finally the original big stack calls an all in with KQ on a KJT9 board with 3 diamonds and the other guy was on a semi-bluff with 2 pair.

We get heads up and get it all in when I hit a strait with 63. Unfortunately he had 63 too. Then I get KKJJ double suited and we got it all in preflop and he had AA93. First card out K, turn A and it's all over as the river's a brick.

Won $493 after putting in $80. Capped a good week after finishing 6th out of 144 entries in Monday BigO at lodge and having a couple of nice cash sessions on line. Much better than the previous month.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

A few months ago, a regular took responsibility for drumming up a $1/2 PLO game. He didn’t like the $5/5 for various reasons and the $1/2 almost never ran.

Fast forward a few months and $1/2 PLO here has gained a reputation as the most insane game being played, often playing deeper than the $5/5. We had a tourney series here this last week and a number of the touring guys and out of state guys told me it’s the softest they’ve seen around, with players regularly sitting without any understanding of the game.

I think the $5/5 was pricing too many gamblers out, and now they’ve found their new fix. I may have to take up PLO and shelve NLH for a bit.

• Hook 'Em 1

In the monday night big o tournament at the lodge there is at least 2 hands that a large argument breaks out over who has the low.

It's the A2 vs A7 on a 2378 board that usually causes the most confusion. Everyone assumes the A2 wins but both people are playing A2378 so it's a push.

My all time favorite was a big o bomb pot. Big o bomb pots play ultimate high, ultimate low. So best hand on either board wins the high, best low on either board wins the los. Top board 873xx, bottom board A24. I had 53 giving me a wheel/nut low she had A2 giving her a A2873 low. She argued with the dealer for about 5 minutes that it's impossible for A2 to not be the low if there's no ace or two on the board. They had to call the floor over. She's now a dealer at the lodge.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, blacklab said:

In the monday night big o tournament at the lodge there is at least 2 hands that a large argument breaks out over who has the low.

It's the A2 vs A7 on a 2378 board that usually causes the most confusion. Everyone assumes the A2 wins but both people are playing A2378 so it's a push.

My all time favorite was a big o bomb pot. Big o bomb pots play ultimate high, ultimate low. So best hand on either board wins the high, best low on either board wins the los. Top board 873xx, bottom board A24. I had 53 giving me a wheel/nut low she had A2 giving her a A2873 low. She argued with the dealer for about 5 minutes that it's impossible for A2 to not be the low if there's no ace or two on the board. They had to call the floor over. She's now a dealer at the lodge.

Is she at least hot?

A couple days ago, I'm playing in a 1/2 game at Portland Meadows. I'm doing pretty good and been there for 4 hours. I'm in middle position, I'm dealt 3c5c. The under the gun raises to 10, and I call  with 3 others calling.

The flop is 467 rainbow, with one club. The under the gun raises to $50, I reraise him $150, and the next guy goes all in for 240 more. Everyone else gets out of the way and back on to me. What do you do?

A couple days ago, I'm playing in a 1/2 game at Portland Meadows. I'm doing pretty good and been there for 4 hours. I'm in middle position, I'm dealt 3c5c. The under the gun raises to 10, and I call  with 3 others calling.
The flop is 467 rainbow, with one club. The under the gun raises to $50, I reraise him $150, and the next guy goes all in for 240 more. Everyone else gets out of the way and back on to me. What do you do?

Jam and learn to fold 35s preflop in MP behind an UTG open next time. You’re lighting money on fire with that call
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

When I was just learning to play I stacked a guy 200+ bb deep with 3-5 of hearts on the button. He had A-T of hearts.

Everyone limped preflop. Flop was 6h 2h Jd. Checked to me and I bet. Turn was the 4h. Checked to me and I bet. River was Td.

I was visibly shaking when I 3-bet shoved the river. It was a .25/.50 game and it was was a $200+ pot.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Jam and learn to fold 35s preflop in MP behind an UTG open next time. You’re lighting money on fire with that call

4 hours ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Call and then ask for more chips when the other guy shows 8-5

He didn't show 5 8, he showed trip 6 and the run out was 9 9. I've been thinking about that hand since, and the right answer was to just not play the hand in the first place. Thanks for answering.

• Like 1

He didn't show 5 8, he showed trip 6 and the run out was 9 9. I've been thinking about that hand since, and the right answer was to just not play the hand in the first place. Thanks for answering.

You’re a 64/34 favorite against the sets, so highly profitable jam here, regardless of this particular result. You played it right post flop fwiw
  • Like 1

A few months ago, a regular took responsibility for drumming up a $1/2 PLO game. He didn’t like the $5/5 for various reasons and the $1/2 almost never ran.

Fast forward a few months and $1/2 PLO here has gained a reputation as the most insane game being played, often playing deeper than the $5/5. We had a tourney series here this last week and a number of the touring guys and out of state guys told me it’s the softest they’ve seen around, with players regularly sitting without any understanding of the game.

I think the $5/5 was pricing too many gamblers out, and now they’ve found their new fix. I may have to take up PLO and shelve NLH for a bit.

Tonight’s the night. I’m stuck a few hundred through the first 90 mins. However the game is very juicy. Deep stack just drug a $5k pot with AhKh7h4h, 5-way all in PRE(!!). 235 rainbow and no one caught up