2022 Rain Thread

South Austin

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Austin might be the weirdest place on earth for rain. At the end of the year it's rained 35 inches, but it never seems like it fucking rains. We're nearly a month in the year and had 0.1" of rain? And today's 80% chance of rain has turned into... pffffft.

Because it comes in 2-4" dumps with a lot of nothing in-between.

What the cuss happened to the rain chances on Friday in Austin?  For a week, long-term forecasts had it well above 50%, now it's 20% isolated AM showers.  Which don't make a shit.  

Will Monday at least pan out for us?  

On 1/28/2022 at 10:07 AM, FirstTimeCaller said:

Any word on La Nina? Sticking around for a while?

Usually a late fall/winter thing, so the forecast for the rest of the winter is... it's starting to weaken as expected, but could last through April in some forms.  Here is ENSO's latest summary:

image.png.8fa0474cdf477dd7fd639ca02bf69e48.png

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

image.gif.e1332d221b4f9a28398a198d6eae984a.gif

Hmmm... Wrong on the amount but right on the time of day (quote the sentence before the one you did). Probably poor use of  preposition but you have to get to an evening in order to have the "rest of" it (I posted that just after noon).  Should have said something like "out of here by later this evening." In fact Zach Shields my man at channel 7 was the only weather guy I heard call it correctly. So I sort of us6e his forecast but called for less rain.

So I'll take half your money not the whole thing.

Edited by phdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...