2022 Rain Thread

South Austin

1 hour ago, boknowstecmo said:

Supposedly a strong line of storms will totally absolutely form and roll through Texas tonight. But we all know it will never rain again, so

Cool. So 4-5 days of forecasted rain now equals one line of storms. 

Models have been abysmal lately, I wouldn’t trust anything they show. They can’t get a handle on all the stable, sinking air that is absolutely dominating the EPAC. 

It’s going to rain when the one line comes across but be nothing close to what people were talking about a few days ago. Most of us knew better. 

Yards won’t need watering for a few days but we will be right back in the shit. Lakes still low/dropping as well. The only good thing would be the ground getting some water in it meaning that future rain would run off….but it’s not in the forecast.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Blotto said:

I just saw video of this on the news. Not this video. I can understand storm chasers. But in the video I saw, regular drivers were driving on the road in the direction of the tornado. Why in the hell wouldn’t you turn around and flee in the other direction just to be safe? I don’t care if the whirlwind is miles away. Get the fuck out of there. Why take a chance?

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I just saw video of this on the news. Not this video. I can understand storm chasers. But in the video I saw, regular drivers were driving on the road in the direction of the tornado. Why in the hell wouldn’t you turn around and flee in the other direction just to be safe? I don’t care if the whirlwind is miles away. Get the fuck out of there. Why take a chance?

It may have escaped your attention, but this country is full of fucking morons. If you're late for your fist fight at the local taco bell, well then you gotta take some risks. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

This was out near Lubbock?

I’d probably continue on towards that thing as well if returning to Lubbock was my only other option

• Haha 4

Everyone is getting rain out of this. Everyone. Every. Single. Person. in Hays Travis, and Williamson. If you don't think you are or will you're either lying through your teeth or dead.

Mild severe thunderstorm going through, spotty damaging winds but not really too terrible. Followed by some more rain and less severe after it into the early morning.

Exactly as they predicted, right smack dab on the nose.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The force field  always breaks down the night before trash day so that everyone’s garbage can blow out and down the street along with their garbage can things…so cool. Trash day eve always trumps force field. Undefeated!

and like clockwork with sideways rain some jack wagon is out jogging. Legit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not too often you see a severe thunderstorm warning Three counties or 90 miles long. But if it wasn't for the line, the storms would be worse and possibly spawn tornadoes.

Line is a little nasty in places but quick moving and almost threw three county area now. I don't expect to see widespread damage though certainly a few trees and shingles can be blown off in this thing. Lighter rain continues off and on the next few hours.