2022 Rain Thread

South Austin

Went for a run about 6 this AM. My wife said you better look at the radar.  It looked like it was staying north of us.  Twenty minutes later I'm calling her from the safety of Laredo Taco Company to come get me.  Out of breath and drenched.  Big heavy rain drops. 

54 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Went for a run about 6 this AM. My wife said you better look at the radar.  It looked like it was staying north of us.  Twenty minutes later I'm calling her from the safety of Laredo Taco Company to come get me.  Out of breath and drenched.  Big heavy rain drops. 

Thoughts and prayers. 

Not because of the rain, but because you are never going to hear the end of it from your wife. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

Yep.  Loaded all the shit into the bed of the truck for Port A, then boom.   Hopefully the 3 hour traipse through the sun and 97 south of Seguin drys our clothes out.  

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

Why didn't you just get some tacos while you were there and wait it out? 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, miguelito said:

Thoughts and prayers. 

Not because of the rain, but because you are never going to hear the end of it from your wife. 

Yep.  Picked her up for lunch and she was talkin shit.

46 minutes ago, Hate said:

Why didn't you just get some tacos while you were there and wait it out? 

No wallet and they wouldn't extend credit to a out of breath soaked fool.

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

Yep.  Loaded all the shit into the bed of the truck for Port A, then boom.   Hopefully the 3 hour traipse through the sun and 97 south of Seguin drys our clothes out.  

Fuckin hell.  That's what you get for trying to plan ahead.  Especially as a dad of two youngins you're just trying to make travelling a little bit easier. I don't miss that aspect.

Have fun.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Yep.  Picked her up for lunch and she was talkin shit.

No wallet and they wouldn't extend credit to a out of breath soaked fool.

Fuckin hell.  That's what you get for trying to plan ahead.  Especially as a dad of two youngins you're just trying to make travelling a little bit easier. I don't miss that aspect.

Have fun.

The very definition of FAFO 

• Hook 'Em 1

Race against time/evaporation.  

Big nice line of solid rain heading this way - but weakening ever so slightly.  Made it so far from the Panhandle.  Will it hold together?  Man, I don't know, it's trying though.

image.png.6f4e746d70146a381d71eeae64da65c2.png

I hope so, because this is it before the Deep Heat Blast coming up for the next week.

Edited by phdhorn

8 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Sitting in the HEB parking lot at Lakeline & 183 waiting for curbside. I'm not gonna risk some kid getting zapped by lightning just to get our groceries. Hoping this will move through quickly.

You drinking a cold beer while waiting, like a pro?    

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Sitting in the HEB parking lot at Lakeline & 183 waiting for curbside. I'm not gonna risk some kid getting zapped by lightning just to get our groceries. Hoping this will move through quickly.

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

You drinking a cold beer while waiting, like a pro?    

I mean it was like at 7am, but you can't be drunk all day if you don't start drinking early.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1