2022 Rain Thread

South Austin

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

Watched a nasty storm roll right by me to the west in NB. My ff is strong. 

I was outside when it briefly released big fat droplets of rain out of the sky for a couple of minutes. It cycled between a light and heavy downpour for about half an hour. Temperature briefly dropped into the 70's with the rain and overcast sky.

Then it disappeared and it's hot again but at least it's in the low 90's.

Man, it is trying HARD to pour here in Bee Cave, where it always rains.  I can see the squall line up high almost on me, but it ain't quite here yet.  And you never know if/when these heat storms will suddenly poop out.  Don't fails me now!

image.png.c5d364b17b254c939e1a29e6e1940e55.png

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

fuck every one of you.

27 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Keep talking asshole. See what happens. 😀

26257399.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Keep bringin' it on, beyotches (but I'll say a silent little brief prayer for youse, although I'm masturbating violently right now).

1 hour ago, dittohead said:

78738 in Bee Cave

Glorious rain falling and a 15 degree temp drop in the last 10 mins.

Got maybe a 1/2" or more (my rain gauge is broken) over the last hr in Henly....Chance for more if this storm coming up 281 in the Blanco area, if it moves just a bit east. Oh, and the temp is a very pleasant 76 right now. 

In Cedar Park there was a really nice stretch of breeze/cloud cover (I knew it wouldnt rain) from that "storm".  Temps dropped prolly 10 degrees in 30 minutes.  Was able to spread some mulch without dying. Its the little things in life that keep you going!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

My force field is better than your force field.

Yesterday evening I saw a batch of nasty looking dark clouds rolling towards my house complete with thunder and lightning.  Wind started to pick up so I took a gander outside to see how things were developing.  Swear to fucking god, the clouds that were barreling straight towards my house got within a block and made a 90 degree turn.  Didn't get shit.

An hour later another set of clouds pops up from the opposite direction.  More thunder, lightning, wind, etc... not a drop of rain.  When the wind died down I walked down the street which was soaking wet just four houses down from my place.

Basically my house avoided two big rain dumps from both directions last night.

Fuck this shit.

• Like 1