2022 Rain Thread

South Austin

[mention=22]Hate[/mention] we got a nice little shower over here by the Cochran's Crossing shopping center.

Yeah, I wasn’t home for it but we ended up getting an inch of rain at my house. This was the first real measurable rain since the beginning of May.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Stella Link said:

Only sprinkles on the west side...just enough to get things wet.  

Looking at harriscountyfws.org the nice rain was SE of downtown.  Most other places around Houston have less than .10 inches of rain so far today. 

Edited by HouTex

4 minutes ago, HouTex said:

Looking at harriscountyfws.org the nice rain was SE of downtown.  Most other places around Houston have less than .10 inches of rain so far today. 

So based on that, if I was still living in Houston, I would still hate the same people.  

2 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Guys, I shit you not, I just felt a couple drops while walking my dog downtown near the capitol.

It won’t be anything measurable, and frankly it was barely noticeable but it was actual water falling from the sky.

Nah, a squirrel pissed on you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Yes.jpg.29a012c2232498539f06cd4df12ca3ff.jpg

I swear, if my house is dry when I get home....

Ended up just getting some extended periods of "lightdrizzle" yesterday afternoon and for about an hour this morning. About 1/10 of an inch in the past 24 hours. Just enough to keep temps down and make the driveway look wet, but far cry from a drought-buster.

Edited by Storm the Field

3 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

San Marcos and Bee Caves will get a 20 minute shower while the rest of us get blue balls watching the radar screen. 

NL knows what's up.

Saturday morning, dropped a kiddo off at the airport.  A handful of raindrops on the windshield on the way there, then another handful as we approached home (NW Hills) on the way back.  And that was it.  Rumbles of thunder heard later in the afternoon, but the pavement never even got wet.

It was a double-layer deep blueball experience.  F this summer.

12 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

San Marcos and Bee Caves will get a 20 minute shower while the rest of us get blue balls watching the radar screen. 

No we won't here in San Marcos. Shit will hit the city limits and no rain will fall. We did get a few showers yesterday. Swimming in the river while it rained was so nice.