2022 Rain Thread

South Austin

Anybody wanna bet at the line between "heavy rain" and "light sprinkle" gets adjusted about 100 miles north in the coming days?

Also don't get the discrepancy between the 5 day precip forecast and the 7-day. The 7-day is way wetter, but the rain chances I'm seeing are relatively low for days 6/7.

17 minutes ago, Hate said:

The Euro weather model calls for that system to go into NE Mexico and then head north into Texas before getting "stuck" kind of like Harvey a few years ago.  Please little baby Jesus, let this verify.

file.php?id=19537&mode=view

Nice.... But can these folks label cities? I hate trying to pick my county! 

I am torn.

See, the drought, this timeline, and life in general tell me that AIN'T NO  FUCKING WAY THIS DROUGHT BREAKS.  We will end up wandering the wastelands fighting to the death over water like Mad Max, except there's no hottie Charlize around.

ALTERNATIVELY.....that's right before dove season opens, and with the drought crushing any food plot we might have, the fact that we have stock tanks that the dove love to hit for water is our draw for birds.  Some of the only reliable water around, they flock to them.  But if it drops 10 inches of rain.....every divot in the ground for miles will hold easy drinking water, and the birds will scatter.

If there's a way to fuck me over twice, and both ruin dove opener AND keep the drought going, I'm confident nature will find it.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I am torn.

See, the drought, this timeline, and life in general tell me that AIN'T NO  FUCKING WAY THIS DROUGHT BREAKS.  We will end up wandering the wastelands fighting to the death over water like Mad Max, except there's no hottie Charlize around.

ALTERNATIVELY.....that's right before dove season opens, and with the drought crushing any food plot we might have, the fact that we have stock tanks that the dove love to hit for water is our draw for birds.  Some of the only reliable water around, they flock to them.  But if it drops 10 inches of rain.....every divot in the ground for miles will hold easy drinking water, and the birds will scatter.

If there's a way to fuck me over twice, and both ruin dove opener AND keep the drought going, I'm confident nature will find it.

My personal cloud – wanderwithmelissa

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I am torn.

Oh man, ruining dove season. I don't know what we'd ever do.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

It's fall.  I'd like SOMETHING to look forward to, and I don't think the football team is gonna help me there.  Throw me a bone, man.

Umm, rain? 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It's fall.  I'd like SOMETHING to look forward to, and I don't think the football team is gonna help me there.  Throw me a bone, man.

Throw YOU a bone?!?!  I'm about to lose my mind with my foundation drying out and my doors not closing.  I'm ready for it to implode like in Poltergeist.  

22 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Throw YOU a bone?!?!  I'm about to lose my mind with my foundation drying out and my doors not closing.  I'm ready for it to implode like in Poltergeist.  

Blah blah blah, house schmouse, won't someone think of ME?

18 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Pumpkin spiced latte?

I will fight you.  I have never worn yoga pants in my life.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I am torn.

ill bet $100 it rains the day before the dove season opens 

• Hook 'Em 1

Cross-posted in 3 threads:

The weather pattern has absolutely begun to change.  As in seasonal.  We might get heat/dry back, but this ain't no 1 day reprieve.  This is a huge shift.  It doesn't mean the  end of summer, but it might be very difficult to return to it like it's been.

Rain for most of us starting tomorrow, good daily chances for at least next 7 days if not longer.
Temps are gonna go down a good bit somewhere low-mid 90's most days.  We might not even hit 90 Friday and somewhere within a few days after.
The "Gulf thing" (tropics) will help enhance rain chances and moderate temps, even if it doesn't spin up.  This one will affect CenTex more than the thing yesterday.

Yes, Virginia, summer as we've known it is over, at least for now and waaay into next week.  We'll see what September has to say about it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I am torn.

Dove season is proper fucked, yet again.  Looking like my '20/21/22 hunts' combined first day may equal an actual 1 day limit.  Last year, I fired my shotgun 12 times in 4 hunts.  Pretty sure 4 of those were at dragonflies.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

Dove season is proper fucked, yet again.  Looking like my '20/21/22 hunts' combined first day may equal an actual 1 day limit.  Last year, I fired my shotgun 12 times in 4 hunts.  Pretty sure 4 of those were at dragonflies.  

Yeah I have a trip planned to Brownsville on Labor Day weekend to hunt, so I'm sure that tropical disturbance down in the Yucatan is going to mess that up.  Supposedly there are tons of birds down there right now.

11 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Cross-posted in 3 threads:

The weather pattern has absolutely begun to change.  As in seasonal.  We might get heat/dry back, but this ain't no 1 day reprieve.  This is a huge shift.  It doesn't mean the  end of summer, but it might be very difficult to return to it like it's been.

Rain for most of us starting tomorrow, good daily chances for at least next 7 days if not longer.
Temps are gonna go down a good bit somewhere low-mid 90's most days.  We might not even hit 90 Friday and somewhere within a few days after.
The "Gulf thing" (tropics) will help enhance rain chances and moderate temps, even if it doesn't spin up.  This one will affect CenTex more than the thing yesterday.

Yes, Virginia, summer as we've known it is over, at least for now and waaay into next week.  We'll see what September has to say about it.

cbf93c8b397c5ec7f8ad572fbbc6207857141526

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NorthLoop said:

So basically you just fucked all of us

No, that happened long before anything I did. 

I also haven't washed the truck and didn't run the sprinkler in anticipation. Muahahhahaahahahhaahhhahah