2022 Rain Thread

South Austin

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I just have to laugh.  My weather app started the day at 70% chance of rain.  Then bumped up to 90%, showing rain starting at 4 or so and running for hours.  Now....it's down to 50%, and shows all chances as sporadic.

sure-why-not-key-and-peele.gif

Tackled for a loss. 3rd and long.

• Rage+1 1

36 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I just have to laugh.  My weather app started the day at 70% chance of rain.  Then bumped up to 90%, showing rain starting at 4 or so and running for hours.  Now....it's down to 50%, and shows all chances as sporadic.

Ugh,  "chance of rain" apps.  My techgeek wife does it too and it drives me up the freakin' wall.  Those black clouds 15 miles to the north think it's 100%.
It's gonna rain hard within an hour on almost all, if not every single one of us  in ATX.  Stick that up the "rain chance" bot's ass.

12 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Historic heat followed by historic flooding? 

Of course. 

There's a piece written by a federal gov't meteorologist back in the 20s or so with this line: "the meteorological history of Texas is one of extended droughts punctuated by periodic devastating floods."

In that respect, same as it ever was.

Just now, phdhorn said:

Ugh,  "chance of rain" apps.  My techgeek wife does it too and it drives me up the freakin' wall.  Those black clouds 15 miles to the north think it's 100%.
It's gonna rain hard within an hour on almost all, if not every single one of us  in ATX.  Stick that up the "rain chance" bot's ass.

I don't even know where a bot's ass is.

But I'm willing to learn.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Supposed to be here (Austin around 3/4 but sure looks like that ain't going to be the case. It's still north of Dallas right now.

57 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Your lack of faith is disturbing. 

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

There's a piece written by a federal gov't meteorologist back in the 20s or so with this line: "the meteorological history of Texas is one of extended droughts punctuated by periodic devastating floods."

In that respect, same as it ever was.

I don't even know where a bot's ass is.

But I'm willing to learn.

I don't think I am.

But as for the chance of rain bots, I don't have a problem with them per se.  What I do have a problem with is when they do shit like yours did... 90% to 30% to 50% to 70% to 20% within an hour.  Shit, you might as well just look out of the window.

Those sob's waffle and flip flop more than I do - and that's saying something!

21 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Damn your water bill must be through the roof to keep it looking like that in this drought.

$110 last month for about 3,000 sq.ft. of grass. Watering thoroughly once a week.

Ordinarily I wouldn’t be watering it so much, but it is really an F-you to my HOA that forced me to remove half the graveled xeriscaping that had been in my front yard for 7 years without a problem until some neighborhood noob filed a complaint against me.  (He wanted to do the same but was turned down by the HOA nazis, so they screwed me over to the tune of a $3,500 “relandscaping” bill).