2022 Rain Thread

South Austin

0.9" here. We seem to be the driest spot in Austin proper. I bet that just half a mile north or south they've had double that. Just seems like we keep getting between blobs of red.

23 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

There's a line of storms between Boerne and Dripping Springs that's just sitting there not moving. By the time it decides to move east it will dissipate. 

Got a nice, unexpected surprise from one of those cells yesterday. One sat over the house for about an hr. and we landed up getting about an 1" 1/2 from it. Topped off the rainwater collection tank.

1 hour ago, UT_OB1 said:

Was in Brazoria today working on our house were rehabbing. Just absolutely soaked due to the humidity. And the mosquitoes were horrible. If they filmed a naked and afraid in our yard, mfers would have tapped in 10 minutes. 

Spent the day in the river drinking beer and checking out this years talent for Texas State. Was a nice day. Had a small shower come over us. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm getting a weird feeling about this thing. The 7-day precip forecast seems to be going lighter and the forecasts I'm seeing seem to keep pushing this out farther and farther. KXAN has a forecast that shows 60/60/40 for Monday-Wednesday. But then they ran the model run of the forecasted rainfall and it showed the bulk coming around Friday in the run. There's only a 30% chance that day.

It wouldn't surprise me if this turns into another Austin special where they forecast 3-5 inches and we get maybe an inch.

1 minute ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I'm getting a weird feeling about this thing. The 7-day precip forecast seems to be going lighter and the forecasts I'm seeing seem to keep pushing this out farther and farther. KXAN has a forecast that shows 60/60/40 for Monday-Wednesday. But then they ran the model run of the forecasted rainfall and it showed the bulk coming around Friday in the run. There's only a 30% chance that day.

It wouldn't surprise me if this turns into another Austin special where they forecast 3-5 inches and we get maybe an inch.

Untill proven otherwise, this is what I expect to happen. 

• Like 1

NWS has a busted weather forecast for DFW. They placed nearly all counties in North Texas under a Flash Flood Watch on Saturday. Not a drop of rain in the DFW area. TV weather forecasters threw all their chips into the pot with dire rain predictions Saturday night into Sunday morning. Not a drop.

NWS has a busted weather forecast for DFW. They placed nearly all counties in North Texas under a Flash Flood Watch on Saturday. Not a drop of rain in the DFW area. TV weather forecasters threw all their chips into the pot with dire rain predictions Saturday night into Sunday morning. Not a drop.

It’s coming.
  • Like 1

So there are distant storms moving directly towards us from due west, and there are distant storms moving directly towards us from due south. I’ll just assume both lines will interact with each other and everything ends up northeast of us. This has been a real pleasure and exactly as expected.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, CHEF DIESEL said:

Update?

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, texasdago said:

Update?

Not to mention I always thought this was primarily a Sunday/Monday event in DFW.   Hell if anything it was downplayed.  Think the forecast was something like 4 inches with some spots 6+.  Well, a shit load of the metroplex is already at 6+.  That Euro model the TV guys generally thought was too aggressive and unlikely ended up being about right.

Edited by Skipper

22 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I gave my girl an Austin Special last weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2