2022 Rain Thread

South Austin

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

For Austin folks, what are we looking at for game tomorrow.  Seems like scattered throughout day maybe clearing out at night based on what I'm seeing online but curious if any of the TV guys have made any more precise predictions on likelihood of significant rain pre and during game (bringing kids pregame through hopefully first half at least).

I heard high chances so I'm packing a poncho but would rather there aren't issue so Longhorn City Limits and the festival is blowing and going...

6 hours ago, Skipper said:

For Austin folks, what are we looking at for game tomorrow.  Seems like scattered throughout day maybe clearing out at night based on what I'm seeing online but curious if any of the TV guys have made any more precise predictions on likelihood of significant rain pre and during game (bringing kids pregame through hopefully first half at least).

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

sweating key and peele GIF

Because that's the only good times Texas Football can promise?
You make your own good times bro! Texas Football has largely sucked shit through a straw my son's entire life(he's 15). But we've had fun at games narrowly defeating a meh K State team in a monsoon, losing at home to Iowa Steak multiple times including my moms only trip to DKR, and watching Chuck lose to TCU after Thanksgiving with a big bunch of family in attendance. (Several members of that expedition downtown returned via Uber to our West Austin pad around 4 am, myself excluded. So good fucking times can be had.

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:

You make your own good times bro! Texas Football has largely sucked shit through a straw my son's entire life(he's 15). But we've had fun at games narrowly defeating a meh K State team in a monsoon, losing at home to Iowa Steak multiple times including my moms only trip to DKR, and watching Chuck lose to TCU after Thanksgiving with a big bunch of family in attendance. (Several members of that expedition downtown returned via Uber to our West Austin pad around 4 am, myself excluded. So good fucking times can be had.

Can I party with you? 

Our ranch in mexico hasnt had any traceable rain since Feb. Were about 5 miles west of the Laredo/Colombia bridge crossing. All tanks had gone bone dry. Cowboys had to keep all windmills running. This past Friday we got 3.5” and Sat-Sun another 1”. All tanks topped off full. Little late for antlers and will make hunting tough with the thick grass/brush but a godsend. Plus the fawns will finally get some cover to hide in.

18 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I looked at the LCRA Hydromet for the Austin area over the past 30 days.

Everywhere is in the 4-6" mark for rain and the station closest to my house... less than 2.5". Literally a mile away, they've had more than 5". I thought it was just my imagination that I was getting boned on the rain. Not at all.

Similar story for our place in Driftwood.  5-10 miles north is all 4"+ while the ranch is at around 1.5".  Tanks are all bone dry.

20 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

My Ex in-laws ranch is about a mile northwest of Buchanan as the crow flies. All their stock tanks are full to the tops of the tank dams, and backfilling up the feeder creeks. Any rain in the Buchanan watershed should go straight into the lake. 

4 hours ago, williemackgarza said:

Our ranch in mexico hasnt had any traceable rain since Feb. Were about 5 miles west of the Laredo/Colombia bridge crossing. All tanks had gone bone dry. Cowboys had to keep all windmills running. This past Friday we got 3.5” and Sat-Sun another 1”. All tanks topped off full. Little late for antlers and will make hunting tough with the thick grass/brush but a godsend. Plus the fawns will finally get some cover to hide in.

2 hours ago, gurt said:

Similar story for our place in Driftwood.  5-10 miles north is all 4"+ while the ranch is at around 1.5".  Tanks are all bone dry.

Evidently I need to start acquiring a stock tank? Seems like everyone has one.

9 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Pouring rain for the past 30 minutes in NW Travis.  The ground is saturated enough it almost immediately became heavy runoff, which is good for all you jokers, since I live in the Lake Travis recharge zone.

Somewhere around Volente?

Wife and I were waiting for the soft opening of C3’s light show event at the Wildflower Center to begin when the rain came in. We were told it’d be at least an hour delay, so we went home for the interim.

Poured the entire way south on the tollway. The recharge sone is getting a drink.

Edited by Willfully Horn