2022 Rain Thread

South Austin

46 minutes ago, Hate said:

And the softening of America continues.

sad-indian.gif

Back in the day, because there was no social media, you could get away with ignoring weather warnings and get the occasional school bus full of kids wiped out without every Karen in the tri-state area hearing about it and losing her shit all over a school district's Facebook page.

East Texas now in Level 4 ("Moderate") risk.   That's crazy for this time of year.  Fully appreciate (as posted above) we've had tornadoes in November/December but feel like they typically spring up a. For example, I'm pretty positive we were in a level 2 in Dallas when that October 2019 tornado hit and nobody was focused on tornadoes.  I distinctly remember getting the tornado warning alert and being confused and checking to see if accurate.

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, Skipper said:

East Texas now in Level 4 ("Moderate") risk.   That's crazy for this time of year.  Fully appreciate (as posted above) we've had tornadoes in November/December but feel like they typically spring up a. For example, I'm pretty positive we were in a level 2 in Dallas when that October 2019 tornado hit and nobody was focused on tornadoes.  I distinctly remember getting the tornado warning alert and being confused and checking to see if accurate.

Yeah feels really "springy" today

52 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Austin seems like temperatures are lagging predicted temperatures by several degees, which I guess is why the "enhanced" risk of tornadoes is now pushing eastward.

Yep.  Even Waco area has gone from 95% rain chances down to like 35%.  But if it does, it gon be gud.   I guess this front is a litttle stronger than expected, and the overcast lid was on long enough along the I35 corridor to keep the energy pretty bottled up.  NE TX now in the extreme risk of severe weather when yesterday is was all in the modified risk.  

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

Yeah storm spotters have confirmed one heading for Sulpher Springs. Fortunately these haven't been long track warnings so far. I hope that stays the same way for this one.

Looks like thatbwas wishful thinking. KWTX weather guy just said it looks like the Paris tornado might've been on the ground for 100 miles into Southern Oklahoma.

Looks like Dallas County, proper, pretty much avoided anything but rain.  Not even big winds or hail.

Some of the adjoining counties, south and east got some shit, and a little to the north.

I'm glad when these things blow through before or shortly after dark.  Seems a little more anxiety-provoking when you can't see green-grey skies.  Maybe it's the opposite though.