2022 Rain Thread

South Austin

There is some slight relief possible next week.  Some models are indicating that a weak front will stall out over Texas and bring us some rain.  Some models are also seeing that front eventually die in the GOM and turn into a TS.  We'll see.

file.php?id=19154&t=1

4 minutes ago, Hate said:

There is some slight relief possible next week.  Some models are indicating that a weak front will stall out over Texas and bring us some rain.  Some models are also seeing that front eventually die in the GOM and turn into a TS.  We'll see.

file.php?id=19154&t=1

An inch of rain right now might evaporate within 6 hours.  We need 3-5 days of that in a row.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hate said:

file.php?id=19154&t=1

Don't do this to yourself.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hate said:

file.php?id=19154&t=1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Tired of watering my yard three times a day, be nice to have some rain. 

I water mine 2x/week and just keep the grass a little higher to hold in moisture at the root level a little better.  Yard still looks good even if it is a bit dry.   

2 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

Also, I am just now realizing I can't pick my county out on a map.

You're not alone.  As a part of my mid-life crisis and going back for a degree that I was more interested in, I've been taking a bunch of geography and Western Civ/history classes, and in one of the geography classes, it came up, and a shitload of the students couldn't pick their county out if their lives depended on.

They probably didn't bother memorizing all 254 counties in high school.