2022 Rain Thread

South Austin

I didn't get measurable rain, but did get a light sprinkling.  We just got back home from picking up prescriptions, and a large, cold drop hit dead in the center of my head, followed by a six-inch sprinkle (drops six inches apart).  I guess that I should be frustrated that it wasn't more, but I have decided to be grateful for any good that comes my way, however little.  We're one day closer to the next frog strangling, fence lifting, bar ditch filling rain.

56 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

This stuff in NE Texas is moving to the SW. That seems like really weird movement. 

I'll step aside for the weather lords to explain. 

Not a weather lord, just an interested bystander.  The flow around the high pressure dome to the west moves clockwise, drawing from the northeast to the southwest in this quadrant. 

Don't piss it off; I stand to get some of it, Lord willing and I hold my mouth right.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I thought you worked on Austin water stuff?

No, I just comment on Austin water stuff.  I work on wastewater stuff somewhere within 50 miles of the location I gave.  As small as the water/wastewater community is, if I posted where I work I would be doxing myself.  Posting where I live was unwise enough.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scheiss Meister said:

No, I just comment on Austin water stuff.  I work on wastewater stuff somewhere within 50 miles of the location I gave.  As small as the water/wastewater community is, if I posted where I work I would be doxing myself.  Posting where I live was unwise enough.

Ha, yep, I know the area well, so better shut your trap before I come a knockin' asking about wastewater.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

My bad.  I heard thunder and went to sit on my front porch -- you know, because my wife just dropped $ on random outdoor upholstery -- and we got maybe a drop.  Could have been a passing 737 dropping its commode for all I know.  360/2222

Thanks a lot, jerk. 

4 hours ago, Hate said:

Yeah, I ended up getting almost a tenth of an inch. Woohoo!!

At least you didn't get completely skunked. 

The bottom of the sky fell out right over my office off Washington starting at about 4:50. By 5:00 there were rivers running down the righthand lanes and you could barely see in front of you. By 5:15 or so, it was done and gone. One of the quickest, strongest storms I've seen in a long while. Dropped damn near an inch in 20 minutes.