2022 Rain Thread

South Austin

Literally a line that's hundreds of miles long, except for a huge break in Travis County. The sun is now shining at my house. 

I'm legit depressed. Just put me in a terrible fucking mood. I'd rather it be 105 and not a cloud in the sky than to see this shit happen.

16 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Weather report from the GOOF in Houston.

giphy.gif

Darkest, thickest clouds I've seen in a long ass time. Pulled into my driveway about 20 seconds before the bottom dropped out.

It’s awesome 

31 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Tomball/Spring area right? You should have plenty more coming in from the Northwest in about an hour. Porjected radar at 8:15.

image.png.f2524a71674b383b9249e0440a6c4794.png

Less than an hour and we’re quickly headed to 1” in the La Porte - Seabrook area

6 minutes ago, Paper_jam said:

There were all kinds of dark clouds and rainbows and shit around my house but not a drop of actual fuckin precip. Very disapoint.

Yup, not a drop in NW Travis.  No measurable rain at my house since just before Memorial Day weekend. 

Tomball/Spring area right? You should have plenty more coming in from the Northwest in about an hour. Porjected radar at 8:15.
image.png.f2524a71674b383b9249e0440a6c4794.png

Yeah, I’ve got the future radar from NOAA and it had been showing a pretty good chance for more storms tonight. Lo and behold, it was correct and I’m enjoying a nice little evening in the porch with some bourbon.

Europe is also fucked. 

https://www.thelocal.fr/20220811/in-pictures-french-drought-intensifies-loire-dries-up/

It appears that 2020 Covid was just the start of Armageddon. It's been one shitshow after another since then. 

Pestilence

Famine

Poverty

War

Drought

What else is there on the bingo car?

Nuclear war?

Nuclear catastrophy?

Civil war?

Global war?

4 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Europe is also fucked. 

https://www.thelocal.fr/20220811/in-pictures-french-drought-intensifies-loire-dries-up/

It appears that 2020 Covid was just the start of Armageddon. It's been one shitshow after another since then. 

Pestilence

Famine

Poverty

War

Drought

What else is there on the bingo car?

Nuclear war?

Nuclear catastrophy?

Civil war?

Global war?

CSCI 448 - Mobile Application Development- Assignment 2 - Global  Thermonuclear War

• Hook 'Em 5

Yesterday was the first “noticeable” rain in quite a while, in NE San Antonio ( or at least at my house). Today I received a good rain amount (78247) for at least 40-50 minutes. Today was my “watering day” by address, so thankfully I don’t have to run the sprinklers tonight.

Hook’em!

On 8/10/2022 at 6:03 PM, Biff Tannen said:

@phdhorn is it raining in Bee Cave?

Yes, it did.  1,208 drops.  I counted them all so I know. (It really did rain but only enough to re-moisten the horse crap on my street).

I haven't posted much in here this summer with good reason.  Even this latest pick/choose event is a yawner, it's so hit/miss.  I suppose enough costal showers can be scraped up to hit some of us as long as the high is over Colorado.  But it's worming back our way by the weekend, so poof.  However, it's gonna worm away from us again next midweek.  If anything serious happens (LOL!) I'll be back.

That promising blob posted about just above me should, yawn, veer SW of us and hit the coast and maybe valley.  If it has enough oomph to push widespread rain up thisaway, I'll be back.  But yeah, whatever.

Have a nice summer!  

So the past couple of days the runs have shown wetter than normal on both the 6-10 and 8-14 day outlooks. Now showing cooler than normal too.  *Normal Austin rain/heat bullshittery applies, so don't get your hopes up until 30 minutes after it's actually rained at your house.

image.thumb.png.3e696e95f09702674a9387ae0fe7465d.png

Yeah, I just saw a similarly optimistic outlook for "8-14 day chances for Brisket to score an evening with Sela Ward and Susanna Hoffs."

I'm expecting that the odds of that are about the same as those predictions above coming true.

And, the "outlook" on the Ward-Hoffs thing came from the Brisketexan Office of Things I'd Really Like to Happen, a totally credible quasi-governmental agency, for the record.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, I just saw a similarly optimistic outlook for "8-14 day chances for Brisket to score an evening with Sela Ward and Susanna Hoffs."

I'm expecting that the odds of that are about the same as those predictions above coming true.

And, the "outlook" on the Ward-Hoffs thing came from the Brisketexan Office of Things I'd Really Like to Happen, a totally credible quasi-governmental agency, for the record.

Dude, 14 days would be right before dove opener....you know it's going to pour.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

For somebody who adores Sela as much as I do, I bet you don’t even have a restraining order from her, do you?

And apologies if you do, but we would then have to compare the distances mentioned in them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2