2022 Rain Thread

South Austin

4 hours ago, phdhorn said:

The squall line that will become severe is now forming just NE of the Big Bend area  

Is the threat to Big Bend over? (/no Ramey)

26 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I've only been following weather relatively close since the June 2019 storm in Dallas rocked my world and I wasn't prepared for it (although nobody really called that one with much notice, at least at the time it came through).  But seems like an odd pattern here.  Mild to Moderate storms flowing north to south over DFW with the line then coming from the east.  We've already had a couple of really solid chunks of rain.   I feel like these days we're on severe watch are typically hot and humid all day just waiting to pop.

Your monitor is upside down, bro.

• Haha 1

At 343 PM CDT, a confirmed tornado was located 7 miles southeast of
Bryson, or 12 miles southwest of Jacksboro, moving northeast at 35
mph.

The Weather Service is reporting two tornadoes on the ground up there from what I can tell.

Edited by SimonBolivar

All I know is they had us unplug instruments and go home early. 

stuffed one truck in the garage/wife trash storage facility and the other under a live oak, in case the hail gets to be of decent size. 

still the only places that are showing a decent event in the austin area are the local channel websites.  The National ones all show it getting bad further east. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Actually we did have a tornado come down my street about 10 years ago and it veered left and took out a house down the hill. But I've talked about that here.  Lots of fun, mom and daughter were huddled in the bathroom, I was out on the porch whooping it up.

epic-flag.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Guessing their are lots of Bowie HS around. Which city/town?

Bowie.  Montague County.

Reassuring (not) that the west is getting pounded which was in the SPCs Slight category, and outside Moderate and Enhanced with the rest of us.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

Update:

Alright, here we go.  Hail in storm plus now some rotation, moving up Blanco Co. west of me.  MIght be worth watching. 

Another ominous blob heading NE for Austin proper.  If it's gonna happen, it'll be in these.  Probably more to come within next hour.

16 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Sitting in San Marcos and about to get round 1. Cannot pull my jeep into the garage since it is full of my buddies art. So a quilt over the front windshield will have to suffice. 

Or you could try the quilt over your buddy's art, and your Jeep in the garage.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1