2022 Rain Thread

South Austin

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

regular tornado, but with more acoustic ballads

1 minute ago, boknowstecmo said:

It's a tornado watch that's hopped up on Monster energy drink and Axe body spray fumes. 

2 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

It’s like a regular tornado watch but extra spicy and more cheese.

😂

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Downtown Austin....and at least per my weather app, rain chances keep dwindling.  Down to 40%.

Seeming more likely that for Austin, this will be another big nothing.

You should throw out that app.

Meanwhile, Jim Spencer is out by the West Travis storm, says tornadic activity is developing.  Should miss me (whew!) but wlll tag Briarcliff and West Lakeway.  Even if not tornado very very strong winds and hail.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, phdhorn said:

Meanwhile, Jim Spencer is out by the West Travis storm, says tornadic activity is developing.  Should miss me (whew!) but wlll tag Briarcliff and West Lakeway.  Even if not tornado very very strong winds and hail.

Well, I mean, it's the Wish.com weather app, so......yeah.

Downtown and just settling in till this passes, hoping we don't lose power at the office.

8 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

IIRC, Lakeway and Helotes were the 2 southernmost F4 tornadoes in the US since reliable records started in 1950.  Same for Jarrell and F5's.   All the rest were north of a line from near Brownwood-Waco-Shreveport-Vicksburg-east.

Meanwhile, gotdam:

* At 458 PM CDT, a severe thunderstorm was located near Lipan, or 11
  miles west of Granbury, moving northeast at 80 mph.

HAZARD...60 mph wind gusts and quarter size hail.
Edited by clapclapclap

2 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

IIRC, Lakeway and Helotes were the 2 southernmost F4 tornadoes in the US since reliable records started in 1950.  Same for Jarrell and F5's.  

Meanwhile, gotdam:

* At 458 PM CDT, a severe thunderstorm was located near Lipan, or 11
  miles west of Granbury, moving northeast at 80 mph.

HAZARD...60 mph wind gusts and quarter size hail.

Damn.  Might as well just lay back and enjoy it.

Tornado warning east of Wimberly, moving towards Southpark Meadows, extreme S Austin, headed for S/E extreme metro parts, Del Valle.

Confirmed tornado, no info on strength, but take cover SE parts of town/county.

Edited by phdhorn

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm in the gap here between dripping bee caves and Austin. Only some wind and rain so far but sun just poked through 

Don't want to jinx it, but so am I and so far two big storms are straddling me.  However Drip/Bee Cave put into the possible (but less likely) path of the tornadic/hail storm from Wimberley.

7 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Don't want to jinx it, but so am I and so far two big storms are straddling me.  However Drip/Bee Cave put into the possible (but less likely) path of the tornadic/hail storm from Wimberley.

The Wimberley storm and the Seguin storm straddled us. At one point we were under 2 tornado warnings and the sun was shining. 

• Hook 'Em 1