2022 Fatass Thread of Dominance

2 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Skinny girl is good stuff. Beats the shit out of the horrible nasty no good very bad Walden Farms crap.

And to your second point, I will eat my shoe and stream it live here for everyone to watch if you really are only putting 2 tbsp of dressing on your salad.

I find finely cutting up 3 strawberries and about 10 blueberries work better than any dressing.

• Like 1

4 years ago, I had never been able to do a pull-up in my life. I did 10 yesterday in a row. I typically don’t do pull-ups but decided to give them a shot. Just cranked them out.

Still holding at 180 lbs. I need to eat more. I’d like to be 190 or so by summer and have my bench up to 265 max. We shall see.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 6:36 AM, Herbie Hancock said:

Skinny girl is good stuff. Beats the shit out of the horrible nasty no good very bad Walden Farms crap.

And to your second point, I will eat my shoe and stream it live here for everyone to watch if you really are only putting 2 tbsp of dressing on your salad.

With dressing or not? I measure. So when are we doing this?

6 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

4 years ago, I had never been able to do a pull-up in my life. I did 10 yesterday in a row. I typically don’t do pull-ups but decided to give them a shot. Just cranked them out.

One of the best exercises you can do.

I remember when I had started working out again around 40, and after a couple years had gotten to the point of adding a good chunck of lean muscle mass and could lift a lot more weight.  But the gym in my office building had no pull-up bar, so the only comparable exercise I did was on the lat pull-down machine.

Flash forward a year or so and I join a gym outside my building.  This one has a pull-up bar, so I start incorporating pull-ups into my routine, wide grip like the machine.  My first time I struggled to get to 8 or so.  It's a different kind of strength and conditioning than using a machine, and so much better.

• Hook 'Em 2

Well… fuck. It’s hard to teach a yo-yo new tricks. Lost 75 lbs. in the spring and summer. Gained 35 back other the course of the football season. Thanks a lot, Sark. New year is here though. Ready to get the yo-yo falling again. Back on track tomorrow.

Bernard

Well fuck me. Tomorrow turned into six weeks. Now I’m 40 pounds over where I was in August. Back on for real now. Started after the Super Bowl. Rolling 48 hour fasts were good to me in 2021. I’m going to give Rolling 72’s a try now. Fasted Monday and Tuesday. Had a zero carb meal on Wednesday. Fasted Thursday and Friday (today). Will eat again tomorrow. 

Here I am (the guy in the middle) at the Tech game in late September. 6’ 5” and maybe 230. I doubt I could button those shorts right now. Goal is to get back to 225 and beyond.

Bernard

9D1D4CC3-5168-4243-9FEC-8D6C9D60F930.jpeg

Edited by Bernard
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

When gyms were closed during Covid I pretty much just did pull-ups, push-ups and dips and still got a great workout. Bench was the same when I went back. 

I've started doing more weighted dips on my push days.  I bought a dip/pullup belt and throw a 45 pound plate do my weighted dips as a lower chest/delt exercise.

2 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

I've started doing more weighted dips on my push days.  I bought a dip/pullup belt and throw a 45 pound plate do my weighted dips as a lower chest/delt exercise.

Cool. I do 5x4 weighted chins/dips too but keep in mind they are supplemental and serve no purpose other than defining your guns.

On 2/18/2022 at 9:57 AM, pearlandhorn said:

Still holding at 180 lbs. I need to eat more. I’d like to be 190 or so by summer and have my bench up to 265 max. We shall see.

Wrong thread.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Haha 1

Checking in.

Other than cutting out sweet tea and Dr. Pepper, I've not changed my diet (other than to eat less when I do eat). Still picked up a box of Girl Scout cookies last week, but not 2 or 3 boxes, like I would have in the past.  As previously stated, got the Peloton on January 13 and I'll have my 50th ride later today.

Weighed this morning for the first time in a few weeks, and I'm down 7 lbs since January 13.  

I figured I had lost some a week ago when I noticed my belt went down a couple of notches from where I had been using it.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I can do body weight squats w/o much pain, can jog in a straight line w/ no pain, but gentle turns cause pain in my knee still, as does squatting down with most/all of my weight on the one leg.

Started doing very light weight deadlift in the higher rep range.  225-250 for 7-10 type stuff. I’ve adjusted my stance so that my legs are closer in and my arms are out further at the line on the bar. Let’s about shoulder width like I’m doing a squat.  I have the weights on 2x so that I don’t have to drop my butt quite as low. This is all in an attempt to work my legs and back with some weight without aggravating the knee i had surgery on. 

This seems to be causing some pain on my inner knee on my other leg. Any thoughts as to what I might be doing wrong here?  Il

Edited by UT_OB1

My breakfast routine has gotten a bit old so I mixed it up and made some "2 ingredient" pancakes.

*Blend*

2 eggs

1 banana

salt

cinnamon

Then just cook them like pancakes. They don't taste like pancake but they're pretty good, filling, and they make more than you would think. I like to put 5 tablespoons of sugar-free *syrup* on there too which is only 5 calories per tablespoon.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

My breakfast routine has gotten a bit old so I mixed it up and made some "2 ingredient" pancakes.

*Blend*

2 eggs

1 banana

salt

cinnamon

Then just cook them like pancakes. They don't taste like pancake but they're pretty good, filling, and they make more than you would think. I like to put 5 tablespoons of sugar-free *syrup* on there too which is only 5 calories per tablespoon.

I can’t switch things up or it gets too complicated. Can’t do protein shakes anymore. My m-f and sometimes weekend breakfast:

52C84514-9301-45A3-ACAB-1FF54DE4F8C6.png

Started February off doing terrible eating and drinking. But I did increase my biking and jogging as my knee keeps feeling better (actually think my conditioning is more of a factor than my knee jogging now). Resetting on the drinking has helped too.  I’ve had two 6 packs and a few whiskeys over more than 3 weeks. That used to be called Tuesday.  Managed to have 3 weigh ins at 190-191, so I’ve actually made progress this month. 

Jumped on the train earlier this week after cresting 200 lbs for the first time in my life (I’m turning 37 this summer).

I’m 6’0 so it’s not massive BMI, but am carrying it terribly in form of belly fat and bitch tits; and I’m sure my BP and blood sugars are equally egregious now too.

Deadly mix of dietary catastrophe (more pizza & fast food during 2 yrs of Covid than previous 10 yrs combined) + work from home laziness + newborn kid has finally spelled disaster.

Starting out with goal of 2 full weeks of heavily reduced carbs (Atkins-ish) and minimal sugar then ideally shifting some into sort of “maintenance mode” with cranked up workout regimen once I can (hopefully) ditch the first 10-12 lbs of waffle batter.

I’ve never been a fatass before now, and this has damn near wrecked my self esteem. Kicking an added sugar / processed carb addiction is no easy task either…definitely have newfound empathy for people who have lifelong struggles with this stuff.

Buena suerte hombres, hope to report back soon with some meaningful progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

You fuckers must eat like garbage if you can drop weight that fast.

Maybe.  Maybe not. Maybe go fuck yourself. 
Actually, not that bad. Typically my wife baked fish twice a week with vegetables.   Most weeks she does a ground Turkey dish with green beans. I usually eat salad twice a week, sometimes more. Usually have BBQ once a week (that half the time is just turkey and some sausage at Rudy’s). We also tend to eat a lot of Lebanese food. 

my problem has almost always been a sweet tooth.  And lately just not getting as much exercise as I should.  I am not a life long fatty.  Excellent shape up through college and for a couple years after that. Then working in recording studios where bands get pizza and other garbage took its toll. I left for Brazil and started train jiu jitsu as well as walking a ton (I didn’t have a car). Dropped close to 50 lbs in about 8 months.  I have done BJJ for over 15 years with some breaks here and there due to injury.  It’s been a year since I trained now and that sucks and doesn’t help.  

Anyways, slow and steady. 

• Like 1

Maybe.  Maybe not. Maybe go fuck yourself. 
Actually, not that bad. Typically my wife baked fish twice a week with vegetables.   Most weeks she does a ground Turkey dish with green beans. I usually eat salad twice a week, sometimes more. Usually have BBQ once a week (that half the time is just turkey and some sausage at Rudy’s). We also tend to eat a lot of Lebanese food. 

my problem has almost always been a sweet tooth.  And lately just not getting as much exercise as I should.  I am not a life long fatty.  Excellent shape up through college and for a couple years after that. Then working in recording studios where bands get pizza and other garbage took its toll. I left for Brazil and started train jiu jitsu as well as walking a ton (I didn’t have a car). Dropped close to 50 lbs in about 8 months.  I have done BJJ for over 15 years with some breaks here and there due to injury.  It’s been a year since I trained now and that sucks and doesn’t help.  

Anyways, slow and steady. 
I'm just jealous. I have a metabolism that would keep me plump in a famine.

Work out 4 times a week, ski 1-2 times per week. Walk the dogs. Track every calorie, by macro, that goes in my body.

And I'm lucky to lose 1-1.5# per week.
  • Like 1

You fuckers must eat like garbage if you can drop weight that fast.

I think a qualify for this distinction, as I just registered a -5.2 lbs drop in my first week of ultra low carb, minimal sugar (203.6 to 198.4).

Didn’t do any exercise because of the gross weather and feeling kinda sick/weak from the big shift in dieting. Did a lot of walking outside today but hoping to get workouts rolling again tomorrow.

The nutritional status quo prior to starting this quest was abominable: (pizza, burgers, chicken strips, quesadillas, cookies, etc)

Original plan for this diet was a 2-week kickstart, but gonna try to make it a month now (if I can stand it) and shoot for the full 20 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now down 22 lbs out of the 30 - 35 target including my second goal of being below my pre-pandemic weight.  I went through this ordeal about six years ago and this is about the point things started to plateau.

I'm not drinking this time around and eating less so I'll see how it goes.  So far the dietary change has not been anything drastic but more than just cosmetic changes (then again I'm now a certified old so I have that going for me).  It's been real easy to stay with the diet changes which has always been my downfall on previous weight loss adventures.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I have a theory that anyone m that runs strictly for “fun” is a psychopath or serial killer. Or both. Y’all crazy

Surprisingly, I got into it when COVID hit and was impressed at my progress over a year.  Went from not being able to run a mile to running 6 miles at a sub 9 min/mile pace.  My wife just ran the Houston half and I told her I'd do it with her next year if she did a sub 2:20.  She got 2:12 so we signed up that day.  Running races helps me stay in good cardiovascular shape by forcing me to run because if I didn't have a race on the horizon, I wouldn't and I'd just go to the gym 6 days a week which can get boring.  I also really enjoy running with my dog.  She's a fantastic running buddy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I have a theory that anyone m that runs strictly for “fun” is a psychopath or serial killer. Or both. Y’all crazy

I’m not sure I call it fun, but running is very meditative for me. I incorporate a three-mile run into my weight lifting cycle. Long enough to get a good cardio workout in, but not so long that my body gets pissed off at me.

• Hook 'Em 1

There’s research that reveals that not everyone gets a runner’s high. Also running by yourself is definitely not fun for me.

Running with a crowd cheering, being with other people is a completely different experience though. I do find that fun and invigorating.

On 3/14/2022 at 3:02 PM, YChang said:

There’s research that reveals that not everyone gets a runner’s high. Also running by yourself is definitely not fun for me.

Running with a crowd cheering, being with other people is a completely different experience though. I do find that fun and invigorating.

I typically shave off 30 seconds per mile when I’m running a race, especially if there is a large crowd of spectators. When I run without the dog, I typically go slower as well. Running with someone is definitely a lot more fun.

On 3/14/2022 at 9:50 AM, South Austin said:

I’m not sure I call it fun, but running is very meditative for me. I incorporate a three-mile run into my weight lifting cycle. Long enough to get a good cardio workout in, but not so long that my body gets pissed off at me.

Not fun nor meditative for me. I'll jog a mile after my lifting sessions and during Covid I was running a lot just to get out of the house. I was also going through my divorce and the running just left too much time for thinking.

What did keep me relaxed during that time.

IMG_3547.GIF?format=1000w

8 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Some of y’all in the divorce thread should try Brazilian jiu jitsu.

These last 3 weeks haven’t been good for me and my weight lost. Still plateaued around the 21-23 lbs loss. It’s all on me. Giving into temptation and stress.

I've been a Judoka for over 25 years. My twenty year old son has been training in Brazilian jiu jitsu for a few years. All my kids learned Judo growing up so we have grappling mats in our home gym. Me and my son did some rolling during the lockdown. Lot of shit talking before and after. lol

• Like 1

My weight is plateaued at 178# (5’10”, 58 years old), but that’s fine. I’d like to go lower, but I know what I need to do, and just have to find the motivation. 

I ran a 24:59 5k this morning, my best. I use the Runkeeper app for pacing. I warmed up real well, half a mile at an easy pace. The temp was perfect - 41F and no wind. I really focused on pace and was determined to run negative splits. I forced myself to run the first mile no faster than8:05. My splits were 8:05, 8:00 and 7:55. The second mile was the hardest. I felt great at the finish. 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, statsman said:

My weight is plateaued at 178# (5’10”, 58 years old), but that’s fine. I’d like to go lower, but I know what I need to do, and just have to find the motivation. 

I ran a 24:59 5k this morning, my best. I use the Runkeeper app for pacing. I warmed up real well, half a mile at an easy pace. The temp was perfect - 41F and no wind. I really focused on pace and was determined to run negative splits. I forced myself to run the first mile no faster than8:05. My splits were 8:05, 8:00 and 7:55. The second mile was the hardest. I felt great at the finish. 

I’m a bit slower than you (33, 6’2”, 180 lbs). I ran 5 miles today in exactly 45 minutes for a 9 minute mile average. I’m running a 10k in a few weeks and slowly picking up the miles. I’m making a conscious effort to go slower as I can run a 5k at an 8:15 pace. I’ve been dealing with a hip flexor issue but feeling better today even after a longer run for me due to extended stretching. Keep at it man.

• Hook 'Em 3

Awesome! I’m guessing with your hip issue, you’re not running every day. I’m not either. I’ve found a couple of hacks-

1. Interval workouts- ten 200 yard “sprints” with 125 yard walks in between. This are great on a day where you don’t have the time for a long run. 
2. One legged squats on non running days. 

I was looking at my Runkeeper app stats. I had the same number of steps per minute when I was running 8:45 miles as now, running 8:00 miles. The only thing that could have changed is the length of my stride. I attribute that to the two wrinkles I threw in, as noted above. 

Edited by statsman

7 hours ago, statsman said:

Awesome! I’m guessing with your hip issue, you’re not running every day. I’m not either. I’ve found a couple of hacks-

1. Interval workouts- ten 200 yard “sprints” with 125 yard walks in between. This are great on a day where you don’t have the time for a long run. 
2. One legged squats on non running days. 

I was looking at my Runkeeper app stats. I had the same number of steps per minute when I was running 8:45 miles as now, running 8:00 miles. The only thing that could have changed is the length of my stride. I attribute that to the two wrinkles I threw in, as noted above. 

Interesting. I definitely don’t run every day. I typically run two or three times a week. Typically 3 miles and a longer one on the weekends. Sometimes I will do 2 5ks during the week and a longer one on the weekend.

I find if I lengthen my stride, I’ll have more hip pain. Feel great this evening. I’ll look into your tips for sure.

My wife and I started the 75Hard challenge.  4days in so far.  

We were in a rut and needed to get out.  So far so good. My body is tired but I've been going to bed earlier which is great.  My BiL did this last year at this time and lost 37 lbs.  I'd be ecstatic with half that.