Beer 2022: Electric Boogaloo

HenryJames

44 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Probably.  I did have drinks over the weekend but am gonna try to avoid for the rest of the month.

Yeah, I gave myself a drinking pass through last night since I was still on vacation.  Today's my first day working since 12/16.

So I'll go through at least 2/4 to keep it all square. 

https://www.dallasnews.com/food/restaurant-news/2022/01/13/monster-energy-amps-up-portfilio-with-deep-ellum-brewing-acquisition/

Energy drink company Monster buys Deep Ellum Brewing in Dallas

The mega deal brings 6 craft beer brands into Monster’s portfolio.

Acquisition of Oskar Blues and Cigar City included in the deal, as well.

@HenryJames

Thought you might be interested, I've been begging Chip to make a Czech Černé for... well... probably 20 years now.  Last night he sent me an email and said this about the most recent beer they've brewed:

"It's got notes of toffee and caramel from a generous dosing of CaraBohemian malt, a touch of dark roasted malt, quite dark.  OG about 12°P, firm bitterness from Sladek and Saaz hops. Likely to find a version in Prague’s oldest brewery."

It's finishing in the bright tank right now but should be packaged in the near future.  I don't know the name, he said he named it after me, but I find that... unlikely. :)

On 1/24/2022 at 6:37 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

A rare Monday night beer. Arvo IPA, Bremer Brewing, Waverly IA. New brewery that opened recently near my in-laws and very close to a place I mountain bike regularly.

This is excellent. Will come in handy when my FIL wants to bail on family events.

66d08556f6218293f7385aa1a032e5bf.jpg

Hey Al,

I enjoyed Pompeii from Toppling Goliath out of Iowa last year. Are you familiar with them? Anything new from them this year. 

Hey Al,
I enjoyed Pompeii from Toppling Goliath out of Iowa last year. Are you familiar with them? Anything new from them this year. 

Yes, I’m extremely familiar. I live very close to their brewery and my wife worked there for 5 years. Drink their beer regularly.

Pompeii is my favorite beer of theirs. They tend to keep 7-8 beers on shelves at all times, but rotate their line up a lot. They do a lot of beers that won’t see significant distribution
  • Hook 'Em 1

they don't make very good beer. also, i don't see anything about them going out of business...appears they posted on instagram a few hours ago that they're struggling and could use some more sales but nothing indicating they're done. 

3 minutes ago, stc said:

they don't make very good beer. also, i don't see anything about them going out of business...appears they posted on instagram a few hours ago that they're struggling and could use some more sales but nothing indicating they're done. 

I know nothing about this place, but that's a pretty good sign they're swirling the drain.

I follow some pretty average to poor breweries on social media and I've never seen one beg for customers.

Edited by Al_4_ISU