Beer 2022: Electric Boogaloo

HenryJames

On 11/10/2022 at 9:52 AM, UncleBuck said:

Well there's a blast from the past. Had forgotten all about Scott Metzger, formerly of Freetail. Looks like he's with Maui, now. 

I’ve been really surprised by some of their rotating stuff and the mainstays are as solid as I could’ve hoped. Also was not expecting this kind of property out here:

E5F3C32C-D33C-47A5-BA3C-23D768C84660.thumb.jpeg.fd01dc13ad56f5ad001320aad3cf6d59.jpeg6ACEF9E6-17E4-4872-825E-A98C921CEC0C.jpeg.ca50d2d02d50a75e201635331ace00dd.jpegA220939B-AF7C-4AE9-8967-DF6F5F2326DE.jpeg.23e58c090d22e6f39bf4910f85445ac1.jpeg

I was in temple/Belton last night and came up 0-fer.  No Primus or even shelf tags at 3 different HEBs.  Saw some Big Bark and the Pilsner; hell I would have grabbed some Hefe, had it been in stock, as well.

For as much as I love Live Oak, their distribution sucks ass.

2 hours ago, slorch said:

I was in temple/Belton last night and came up 0-fer.  No Primus or even shelf tags at 3 different HEBs.  Saw some Big Bark and the Pilsner; hell I would have grabbed some Hefe, had it been in stock, as well.

For as much as I love Live Oak, their distribution sucks ass.

Their strategy has always been to sell locally first, and currently they sell just about all they make in that manner. 

Other Austin breweries attempt to distribute to say... Japan... and then are shocked when they go bankrupt (again) and have to sell off their controlling interest in the company (again).

Edited by utee94

Checked out the Stay Put brewery on Rainey - https://www.stayputbrewery.com/

Their kolsch was easy drinking (5 hours worth) and I appreciated that they did happy hour on Saturday from 2-6p.  $5 pints or $8 pint with a shot of one of liquors in the pic (tried them all).  Similar to Nickel City where some of the staff previously worked.

Not bad for downtown on a weekend.  Glad they're local.  Tito's girl from RGV was handing out shots and told me how all the women down there hate her b/c she's not fat.

PXL_20221126_215337701.jpg

Found 2 sixers of Primus in Waco at HEB that was open!!!   right there on I-35.

I have had 2 cans of it while wife is getting ready for dinner out tonight.

Not sure if it is the difficulty in my obtaining it, but Primus is way the fuck up there on my list of all-time favorite beers.   It never disappoints!!! Gotdam it tastes so great!!!

40 minutes ago, slorch said:

Found 2 sixers of Primus in Waco at HEB that was open!!!   right there on I-35.

I have had 2 cans of it while wife is getting ready for dinner out tonight.

Not sure if it is the difficulty in my obtaining it, but Primus is way the fuck up there on my list of all-time favorite beers.   It never disappoints!!! Gotdam it tastes so great!!!

image.gif.ffc3ca6c28a0f93f3e8462b3848229be.gif

4 hours ago, Mango4 said:

Coming down for the FCS Championship in Frisco the first weekend of January. We are staying at the Hyatt in The Colony. Any good breweries in that area or Frisco?

No breweries real close but this place has great selection, cool staff & you can buy crowlers to go if you like something.  Matt will hook you up.  

http://www.thethirstygrowler.com

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mango4 said:

Thanks. That was one of the places I had on my list. Might need to try Tupps or Union Bear as well.

Not a fan of UB and Tupps has decent beer.

But I’d head other direction and go to 3 Nations if you want to go to brewery. It’s also in old downtown Carrollton with some decent places to eat right there too. 

https://3nationsbrewing.com

• Like 1

Not a fan of UB and Tupps has decent beer.
But I’d head other direction and go to 3 Nations if you want to go to brewery. It’s also in old downtown Carrollton with some decent places to eat right there too. 

https://3nationsbrewing.com

Thanks, we might just stick to Thirsty Growler, let’s me try a lot of different things we can’t get up here in SD.