Vasectomy

Biff Tannen

Ice bag on the sack after the procedure or purchase a six-pack ... drink a cold one and put another between your legs.  Follow the no physical activity advice ... friend of mine felt great afterwards and played in a softball game later that evening.  Woke up the next AM with blue cojones the size of tennis balls. 

dont go to dr Jacomedies. that sumbitch tried to kill me. gave me a couple shots and went to work a little too early.

before he snipped one of the deals that need snipping he said "this is going to hurt. it is going to feel like a sledgehammer on one of your balls"

he wasnt wrong. then he snipped the other one. i wanted to beat the fuck out of somebody.

most of my friends that had it done didnt have any pain during or after the procedure. i fucking sure as hell did.

I'm on day 11 of recovery. Doc went in a little early and the injections hadn't taken full effect, yet, so when he grabbed the first vas and made the snip, I winced a little and he asked in a surprised tone "you felt that?" Yup. Keep going and let's get this over with. Second snip wasn't as bad and didn't feel any of the stitches when he closed me up. Recovery has been easy, but you will be a little extra self conscious about the balls for a while, especially if you have children 3 and under like I do. Still a little surreal that it'll be ghost loads starting about 6 or 7 weeks from now. Definitely a feeling of finality, but I am happy with that. My marriage wouldn't survive another kid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

I'm on day 11 of recovery. Doc went in a little early and the injections hadn't taken full effect, yet, so when he grabbed the first vas and made the snip, I winced a little and he asked in a surprised tone "you felt that?" Yup. Keep going and let's get this over with. Second snip wasn't as bad and didn't feel any of the stitches when he closed me up. Recovery has been easy, but you will be a little extra self conscious about the balls for a while, especially if you have children 3 and under like I do. Still a little surreal that it'll be ghost loads starting about 6 or 7 weeks from now. Definitely a feeling of finality, but I am happy with that. My marriage wouldn't survive another kid.

Your sex life is about to get a whole lot better.  

46 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I actually thought the procedure was a little more intense than what I was told, and the recovery wasn't as big a deal as it was made out to be.  All in all it still falls in the no big deal category.

This was same for me. Although I got 1 shot on one side, and 5 on the other.  One just wouldn’t give up  

I still need to go get my second test. 

the perfect time for the vasectomy is the Wednesday before the first Thursday of March Madness.  Then you get to vegetate for the remainder of the weekend, even though you're really good to go on Day 2.....(shhhhhh don't' let the wife know).  Basketball, frozen peas on your sack, cold beer.  Really makes for a fun four days.

I had it done last year. Recovery wasn’t as easy as I was told, but I guess I was one of the lucky exceptions. Solid pain for 2-3 weeks and pain during sex for about 4 months. It was at least effective and I’d consider that worth the trouble.

Just had my second test last week and I’m all clear. I went to Shaw and it was a non-event. Never felt a thing after the first little thump to numb the sack. Recovery was easy. I never had anything I would describe as pain. Had it done on Friday and walked 2 miles around the neighborhood on Monday and was back at the gym on Tuesday (no weights for a week though). 

Edited by 4th&Five

dont go to dr Jacomedies. that sumbitch tried to kill me. gave me a couple shots and went to work a little too early.
before he snipped one of the deals that need snipping he said "this is going to hurt. it is going to feel like a sledgehammer on one of your balls"
he wasnt wrong. then he snipped the other one. i wanted to beat the fuck out of somebody.

most of my friends that had it done didnt have any pain during or after the procedure. i fucking sure as hell did.

This. It sucked. The recovery was painful as well. But I'm glad I had it done.

This may belong in the wives thread, but my wife and I had some pretty serious arguments about the alternatives. She insisted that the pill was horrible and that she had to get off. I lost the battle of tubes tied vs. a Vasectomy. So, about a year after the procedure, she starts getting some mild acne. No big deal to me. She goes to the dermatologist and she has no problem getting back on the pill and she stayed on it until menopause.

Has anyone noticed a dip in testosterone since having the procedure?  I've read a few articles saying levels may decrease post-op and really don't want to fuck with my body's ability to show workout gainz or diet losses. 

Trotter did mine at Midtown Urology on 35th and Lamar.  He's an Austin guy early 40's or so -- you probably have some mutual friends if you've been around town for a while.  very easy both procedure and recovery.  a little strange having a friend of a bunch of guys you know do it but he's very professional and made it a nonevent.    

Shaw did mine almost two years ago.  Never felt a thing and was up and around that weekend.  It took about 3 months before I was totally comfortable exercising again.  Compression shorts were a must during that time period.

I don't think that Dr. Chopp is practicing anymore.

3 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

This has been on my list as well.  I'm looking July here in Dallas.  

Dr. French did mine. His partner Dr. Feigen treated my kidney stones one time. They're both great.

2 hours ago, Anwar Namtut said:

Also, make sure to have it done by a urologist, not a general/family practitioner.

wtf%20(2).gif

32 minutes ago, 1978horn said:

It took about 3 months before I was totally comfortable exercising again.  Compression shorts were a must during that time period.

I'm not three months in, but I can say for certain that I was about a minute and a half into the row machine and it felt like I could feel the ties on the vas brushing up against the inside of the sack. I'm holding off on most cardio for a while.

So I think Shaw was the general consensus on the last board for Austin - right?

The idea of a daughter sounds good, but I am done.  I feel old as fuck and we just got out of diapers.  The idea of another baby sounds fucking terrible and we already defeated the pill with the first kid.

22 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

I'm not three months in, but I can say for certain that I was about a minute and a half into the row machine and it felt like I could feel the ties on the vas brushing up against the inside of the sack. I'm holding off on most cardio for a while.

Anyone have an idea on how long it takes to get back running?  I had an ankle problem earlier this year and am just finally getting my mileage back up to where it was before.  Most pages say 7-10 days, but 3 months off and I am going to need some diet discipline.

Edited by Kringelbert Fishtybuns

2 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

It's amazing to me that a fairly standard procedure has so many people with so many different experiences.

The nice looking young female nurse was just starting to shave my nutsack when there was a knock on the examination room door. She said "come in" - it was some other chick, a friend of hers, who didn't even work there and apparently had just dropped by to gab...and look at some older dude's balls. They both chit-chatted non-chalantly about chick stuff while nurse shaved the jewels. Guess my mighty rod didn't impress the visitor much, as she didn't offer to dry it off, but at least she didn't laugh. The doc came in & did the snip thing with my nuts. No pain at all at that time.

Went to work the next day, which was a mistake.

When it was time to crank up a sample to take back to the doc's office, the wife's sympathy fuck was one of the best ever. And yeah, good times for several more years before it started getting back to normal.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HouTex said:

This. It sucked. The recovery was painful as well. But I'm glad I had it done.

This may belong in the wives thread, but my wife and I had some pretty serious arguments about the alternatives. She insisted that the pill was horrible and that she had to get off. I lost the battle of tubes tied vs. a Vasectomy. So, about a year after the procedure, she starts getting some mild acne. No big deal to me. She goes to the dermatologist and she has no problem getting back on the pill and she stayed on it until menopause.

So, who else was she fucking?

I was 100% a few weeks later.  Doc told me to hold off on lifting and running for a couple of weeks to be safe and I threw on an extra few days.  I felt 100% at about 1 week though but didn't push anything.  Was doing everything normal outside of exercise after the initial few days.  Having issues months later seems way abnormal.

2 hours ago, Gale Snoats said:

Trotter did mine at Midtown Urology on 35th and Lamar.  He's an Austin guy early 40's or so -- you probably have some mutual friends if you've been around town for a while.  very easy both procedure and recovery.  a little strange having a friend of a bunch of guys you know do it but he's very professional and made it a nonevent.    

did mine as well, super easy.  i echo scheduling for a good sports event - i did mine the thursday morning of the masters a few years back.  streaming the morning rounds through ipad app/apple tv then afternoon broadcast was perfect.

2 hours ago, tokamak said:

Recommendations in Houston? I've been thinking about it a little lately.

Russell Williams - No scalpel / no switches....no big deal.

Drove myself there and back one afternoon (over an hour each way) and was at work the next morning.

Never understood all the drama, but apparently some docs are still beating dudes up the old fashion way.