Vasectomy

Biff Tannen

So I think Shaw was the general consensus on the last board for Austin - right?
The idea of a daughter sounds good, but I am done.  I feel old as fuck and we just got out of diapers.  The idea of another baby sounds fucking terrible and we already defeated the pill with the first kid.
Anyone have an idea on how long it takes to get back running?  I had an ankle problem earlier this year and am just finally getting my mileage back up to where it was before.  Most pages say 7-10 days, but 3 months off and I am going to need some diet discipline.

I was running with care a couple weeks after, but didn’t feel “normal “ until about 3 months.

Shaw did mine four weeks ago. Overall, the experience has not been that bad, BUT:

(1) the procedure itself was more painful than I thought it would be. Sort of like getting a cavity filled and learning part way through that you need more anesthesia or whatever. It hurt.

(2) the recovery took longer than I thought it would. I needed a jock strap and pain meds (ibuprofen) for about 2 weeks. Even now, when I deadlift in the morning, I need ibuprofen that day and the next day.

Even so, it's not bad overall, and I'd do it again, no questions asked.

5 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Any recs in the Austin area?

Do you need a referral from your regular doc?

Insurance generally pays, right?

I paid a $15 office visit copay a few years ago. 

All depends on your plan, network, and insurance company. 

2 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I was 100% a few weeks later.  Doc told me to hold off on lifting and running for a couple of weeks to be safe and I threw on an extra few days.  I felt 100% at about 1 week though but didn't push anything.  Was doing everything normal outside of exercise after the initial few days.  Having issues months later seems way abnormal.

This.

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I had mine done on Thursday and then played in a weekend long softball tournament. I guess we were just tougher back then.

For every story like this there is a story of a guy pushing it to fast too soon who had issues and made it 1000x worse. When it comes to my sack I tend to take it easy to avoid possible issues down the road. 

I had mine done on a Friday felt pretty close to 100% the next day but laid on the coach over the weekend and back to work on Monday with no issues. Started working out again after a week, just no heavy lifting. 

Everybody is different. Bottom line don't push it. 

No kids. Had Dr Chopp do his magic about 13 years ago. Almost painless. Wife was very appreciative & made it up to me many, many times over. Hell, I almost wish I could do it again after all these years for the gratitude and sympathy sex

You should try getting cancer. The sympathy blow jobs are great.
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I had mine done on Thursday and then played in a weekend long softball tournament. I guess we were just tougher back then.

Ah, yes. Standing around, occasionally swinging a bat every 30 minutes, and running in 10 second spurts only if necessary. Very heroic of you to endure that.

dont go to dr Jacomedies. that sumbitch tried to kill me. gave me a couple shots and went to work a little too early.
before he snipped one of the deals that need snipping he said "this is going to hurt. it is going to feel like a sledgehammer on one of your balls"
he wasnt wrong. then he snipped the other one. i wanted to beat the fuck out of somebody.

most of my friends that had it done didnt have any pain during or after the procedure. i fucking sure as hell did.

Cool story alert: Jacomedies was in my UT MBA class and is a smart mf'er. Also one of the funniest people I know.

I can't speak to his skillz on the nutsack, but he is pretty damn good in Finance.

Perhaps you just have sensitive nads?

18 hours ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

So I think Shaw was the general consensus on the last board for Austin - right?

The idea of a daughter sounds good, but I am done.  I feel old as fuck and we just got out of diapers.  The idea of another baby sounds fucking terrible and we already defeated the pill with the first kid.

Anyone have an idea on how long it takes to get back running?  I had an ankle problem earlier this year and am just finally getting my mileage back up to where it was before.  Most pages say 7-10 days, but 3 months off and I am going to need some diet discipline.

Shaw is awesome. You’ve had worse teeth cleanings that a vasectomy from him.

22 minutes ago, LonghornJones said:

I've heard one testimony of being able to work out (lifting weights) after one week. Anyone else have to wait longer? I'm mainly referring to upper body (more reps, less weight) as I don't care about my lower body.

I was lifting upper body on day 4. Took it easy, but was still able to feel like I at least did a little something in the gym.

• Like 1

I've heard one testimony of being able to work out (lifting weights) after one week. Anyone else have to wait longer? I'm mainly referring to upper body (more reps, less weight) as I don't care about my lower body.
Shaw told me to wait a week before training upper body. I didn't feel ready after 1 week (still having pain at that point), so I waited more like 2 maybe 2.5 weeks. I'm now 4.5 weeks out, and I can do a full, heavy upper body workout without any issues.
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

My insurance covered half at Shaw so I paid around $500. 

I was on Blue Cross and my employer recently switched to Aetna. Neither "covered" the procedure, although it did go toward my deductible. Since I'm never really sick it's all out of pocket. Not thrilled about paying a grand to have this done, but I know it will be worth it. 

• 3 months later...

Pushed my spot with Shaw a few times but finally did it this morning. Totally painless after the thump. Paid $110 including the two tests afterwards and I am on a hdhcp. So far so good. Ice on the balls and an ice in my drink. Catching up on Americans. Highly recommend Shaw. We talked football the whole time he was doing his thing. And he complimented the size of my nut sack.

the perfect time for the vasectomy is the Wednesday before the first Thursday of March Madness.  Then you get to vegetate for the remainder of the weekend, even though you're really good to go on Day 2.....(shhhhhh don't' let the wife know).  Basketball, frozen peas on your sack, cold beer.  Really makes for a fun four days.
This is my plan...not sure for 2019 or 2020

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Pushed my spot with Shaw a few times but finally did it this morning. Totally painless after the thump. Paid $110 including the two tests afterwards and I am on a hdhcp. So far so good. Ice on the balls and an ice in my drink. Catching up on Americans. Highly recommend Shaw. We talked football the whole time he was doing his thing. And he complimented the size of my nut sack.

He was awesome at keeping the conversation going throughout mine too. Mainly recruiting/signing day for me.

The hardest part of the whole thing might be following all the directions on the sperm test.  

Edited by 4th&Five
  • Like 1

If you don't know the Dr before hand make sure they aren't an Aggie prior to the knife. In Boise of all places after I am laying and after the first snip he tells me he went to A&M. My balls swelled up to the size of almost baseballs for a good 7-10 days after and looked like charcoal.

6 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Oh. And another thing. A fresh shaven scrot is quite a thing. Wife really enjoyed that. Gonna become a thing for a bit. 

5 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

It should. The grow out sucks. 

Yes, It's quite itchy growing out, but keeping it clean shaven is a bit of a chore.

• 2 weeks later...

Or

This ^^^right^^^here^^^
You can add me to that list of guys.
Or you can do what I did and trusted that my doc got it right and raw dog a ton of milfs with no pregs. When I got divorced I called my urologist to ask if I should be retested and they were like sure if you want to waste money.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Or
Or you can do what I did and trusted that my doc got it right and raw dog a ton of milfs with no pregs. When I got divorced I called my urologist to ask if I should be retested and they were like sure if you want to waste money.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Seriously I would do the same thing. I have days with the kids where I still want to get tested again. I don’t know how the Mormons do it.