Vasectomy

Biff Tannen

18 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

This has probably been covered in the thread already, but how much does this cost? Less than another kid I guess. Those bastards at bcbs reject most things like they’re Dikembe Mutombo. 

Sorry for my laziness. I’ll hang up and listen. 

$25 copay here, BCBS.  Tests afterward were free.  

Edited by Francisco 2.0

On 1/26/2019 at 6:44 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

I’m debating.  

After debate with friends, consultation with a urologist, and then a detailed consultation on reversal with a friend who is a urologist I’m going to try and get one in the next month or so. I don’t have kids and am not on a path to marriage at this point. I have a sperm bank collection kit coming in the mail this week so I need to save up 3-5 days of a load and send it off for storage just in case. My friend told me that reversals are pretty easy at this point and he wouldn’t be worried about a 10 year horizon if needed saying the methods are only going to get better for reversals and he would be about 80% confident up to 10 years out depending on the method of the initial procedure. 

The added incentive for me is that I’m moving to Oklahoma for a few years for work and I don’t want anything or anyone tying me down there. Time to just be smart. It will be weird explaining to girls that it’s ok if I nut in them. I’ll probably save a pic of my receipt in my phone in case I need to prove it. As a guy who has used his dick so much that I can’t bust a nut with a condom on I feel this is my only real option to both be in control of my child plans and to have more opportunities to have secks without a rubber.   

On 1/25/2019 at 11:49 PM, irishtexan said:

Oh yeah. The test kits are now like pregnancy tests. At home. I guess I just have to blow a load on the kit. That should be interesting.

Yeah, you blow it in a cup then mix it up with some solvent or something.  Wife made me handle all that on my own, was "too clinical" for her.  Bitch, I'm the one that has to get off here.

Had it done a few months after our third and final was born.  It's been 12 years now and it was snap for a lack of a better word.  My wife was anxious to get off birth control and trust me guys, you will notice with your own gal they will be glad to be off the stuff too and it improves life in the bedroom if you know what I mean.  Gals not having to worry about taking a daily pill or placing an ugly patch on her body is a huge deal for them.   So just go get it done and if she is just as anxious to clear your lines down there so you test negative for active boys as Kramer called them,  you benefit big time if you know what I mean.  

On 1/26/2019 at 5:08 AM, Gucci_Suit said:

This has probably been covered in the thread already, but how much does this cost? Less than another kid I guess. Those bastards at bcbs reject most things like they’re Dikembe Mutombo. 

Sorry for my laziness. I’ll hang up and listen. 

Depends on your insurance. 

Mine was a $15 office visit copay but if you have a plan that it goes towards your deductible it could be around $500-$1K.

Just call the number on the back of your insurance card and ask them how much it will be with your insurance plan. 

Got snipped 18 months ago but never took in my sample.  Going to finally get around to it.
Does it have to be fresh or can it be from night before?
Just bang your wife six or seven times and wait nine months because that's what I did and she said it wasn't mine

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got mine done two weeks ago.  Procedure was definitely more painful than I expected.  Recovery has been what I expected.  I'll give the doc some credit for trying to lighten up the situation by reminding me I was actually a numb nuts.  I'm supposed to take my sample back in 90 days but most everyone I've talked to said they never did.  Fuck that, I'm not risking number 4 after lucking out and avoiding a third girl.

this is in the back burner for probably this summer. can you describe the process? you pull down your pants and they zap you or what? How long does it take? does it feel like youve been slightly kicked in the balls for recovery? i wish it was something you can just do and be out and about an hour later with no "pain". am i being a  total bitch loser?

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

12 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

this is in the back burner for probably this summer. can you describe the process? you pull down your pants and they zap you or what? How long does it take? does it feel like youve been slightly kicked in the balls for recovery? i wish it was something you can just do and be out and about an hour later with no "pain". am i being a  total bitch loser?

Nurse shaves your nutsack, doc injects painkiller, cuts nutsack open, snips vas & cauterizes, then sews up said sack.

Take pain meds and lay on couch for two days while icing it down. Yes, it still feels like a kick in the nuts for several days. 30-60 days later take sample in for wiggly count.

Enjoy your wife’s  reborn sexual revolution.

15 hours ago, Dean Gullberry said:

I got mine done two weeks ago.  Procedure was definitely more painful than I expected.  Recovery has been what I expected.  I'll give the doc some credit for trying to lighten up the situation by reminding me I was actually a numb nuts.  I'm supposed to take my sample back in 90 days but most everyone I've talked to said they never did.  Fuck that, I'm not risking number 4 after lucking out and avoiding a third girl.

https://www.amazon.com/iPhone-YO-Smartphones-Motile-Fertility/dp/B075FGV5DC/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1549047140&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=home%2Bsemen%2Banalysis%2Bkit&th=1

You could try this.....     

16 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Nurse shaves your nutsack, doc injects painkiller, cuts nutsack open, snips vas & cauterizes, then sews up said sack.

Take pain meds and lay on couch for two days while icing it down. Yes, it still feels like a kick in the nuts for several days. 30-60 days later take sample in for wiggly count.

Enjoy your wife’s  reborn sexual revolution.

This may be how it's done back in the 55s when Brat had his done at the ripe old age of 42, but they no longer inject painkiller.

You shave your balls the night before. You go into the room, take your pants off. Nurse comes in and puts surgical/sanitary paper all around your balls so your sack is presented to the doc and the nurse. THey come in and spray the sack with a numbing agent. Then they apply a local anesthetic. I have no idea what kind of weird contraption dr. shah used, but it looked like the mind eraser wand from Men In Black and the nurse places it near your nuts and it kinda pops your sack with some local anesthetic. Doc makes a tiny incision, and from my understanding (didn't really have a view of the procedure) they bring each testicle to the opening, grab the vas, cut it, and cauterize the separation. Then he stitches you up. Takes about 15 mins.

I got mine done 8 days ago and yesterday was the first day I felt significantly better. It's not a terrible recovery, but my nuts were sore for a week. And are still quite sensitive. I still have a stitch on my sack. Wondering when that will go away. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

THey come in and spray the sack with a numbing agent.

That's right.  The pain killer is like a jet spray of lidocaine. At least that's how shaw did it. Right after he complimented the size of my nutsack. Felt like someone gave you a thump on your balls.  No pain afterwards.  But a few puffs of smoke were disconcerting. We talked football the rest of the time. Recover was quick.  Got home and spend most of the rest of the weekend with a bourbon on the couch. Milked it for what I could. By monday was good to go. 

• Like 1

On 1/27/2019 at 1:44 AM, ChiTownDoc said:

I’m debating.  

As rich as you are, it would be highly recommended unless you are absolutely 100% certain you want kids.

Hell, even then it would probably be better to adopt than take any unnecessary chances.  Divorce by itself is bad enough, but throw kids in the mix and it gets really bad - usually.

Well, while I was layin’ there as the hot nurse was shaving my nutsack, another good looking chick knocked on the door and came on in to to have a gab fest with her. She apparently was not on staff but was just a personal friend of the nurse who dropped by the office to visit. I received no compliments from either one, but at least they didn’t laugh.

Edited by Armybrat

34 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

That's right.  The pain killer is like a jet spray of lidocaine. At least that's how shaw did it. Right after he complimented the size of my nutsack. Felt like someone gave you a thump on your balls.  No pain afterwards.  But a few puffs of smoke were disconcerting. We talked football the rest of the time. Recover was quick.  Got home and spend most of the rest of the weekend with a bourbon on the couch. Milked it for what I could. By monday was good to go. 

"Well, that's a tidy lil scrote, eh?"

On 1/27/2019 at 10:12 PM, Jhawk said:

After debate with friends, consultation with a urologist, and then a detailed consultation on reversal with a friend who is a urologist I’m going to try and get one in the next month or so. I don’t have kids and am not on a path to marriage at this point. I have a sperm bank collection kit coming in the mail this week so I need to save up 3-5 days of a load and send it off for storage just in case. My friend told me that reversals are pretty easy at this point and he wouldn’t be worried about a 10 year horizon if needed saying the methods are only going to get better for reversals and he would be about 80% confident up to 10 years out depending on the method of the initial procedure. 

The added incentive for me is that I’m moving to Oklahoma for a few years for work and I don’t want anything or anyone tying me down there. Time to just be smart. It will be weird explaining to girls that it’s ok if I nut in them. I’ll probably save a pic of my receipt in my phone in case I need to prove it. As a guy who has used his dick so much that I can’t bust a nut with a condom on I feel this is my only real option to both be in control of my child plans and to have more opportunities to have secks without a rubber.   

Banging OK chicks, eh? I did that for a while too (I’m originally from Amarillo), just make sure you’re in control of your chlamydia plans too. I mean, just keep some antibiotics around and bite hard when doc puts a q-tip up your dick hole. 

Just typing that almost made me pass out. 

7 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

As rich as you are, it would be highly recommended unless you are absolutely 100% certain you want kids.

Hell, even then it would probably be better to adopt than take any unnecessary chances.  Divorce by itself is bad enough, but throw kids in the mix and it gets really bad - usually.

Wife’s the best.  I get my freedom on guys’ trips.  But I’m in KU Guys Boat.   It’s hard to justify not getting it done.  

And I’m texting from the WMO in AZ.  Highly recommended.   

7 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Banging OK chicks, eh? I did that for a while too (I’m originally from Amarillo), just make sure you’re in control of your chlamydia plans too. I mean, just keep some antibiotics around and bite hard when doc puts a q-tip up your dick hole. 

Just typing that almost made me pass out. 

Wow.  Grandpops lived in Amarillo for decades.  Born in Lubbock.  

And here I am ending the lineage.  Now I feel bad.  Thanks asshole. 

Rich and not having kids... PM sent to be added to your will.
Right? Just remember that I have always been nice to you.

Also, circling back to cost, my insurance said they wouldn't cover it and it looked like it was going to cost $900. I was fine with that because I have two kids under 4 and $900 is cheaper than another couple of years of diapers, much less everything else. Doc had me put $100 to save the spot, paid another $350 day of and then they were going to send me a bill for the rest. Bill came in at $0 due to "negotiated discount" on the insurance line. So I don't know if the doc threw a little charity my way since I was 100% out of pocket or if they tried to bill my insurance and insurance talked them down. But either way, $900 is totally worth it. It's been nice to not have to worry about it every month.

Got mine done yesterday.  The needle to the nuts was the most pain I've ever experienced in my life, by far.  I let out a loud "mother fucker!" that was probably heard in the parking lot.  Then when he started the cauterizing, I felt a fuck ton of pain there too, so he gave me another shot of the Lidocaine, and that one hurt worse than the first.  He was confused why I felt so much pain, but he did say that he's had bad batches of Lidocaine that haven't worked like they should.  Either way, the pain on day 2 has subsided significantly.  At rest I feel nothing, but when I move around it feels like a constant light tap to the nuts.  In the end, I'm glad I did it, but I'd rather star in an ISIS propaganda video than take another needle to the nuts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/1/2019 at 2:26 PM, Armybrat said:

Well, while I was layin’ there as the hot nurse was shaving my nutsack, another good looking chick knocked on the door and came on in to to have a gab fest with her. She apparently was not on staff but was just a personal friend of the nurse who dropped by the office to visit. I received no compliments from either one, but at least they didn’t laugh.

I've seen a few intriguing films that start off with a very similar scenario. Are you sure you're telling the whole story?

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2019 at 3:00 PM, Don Johnson said:

Got snipped 18 months ago but never took in my sample.  Going to finally get around to it.

Does it have to be fresh or can it be from night before?

I got mine 11.5 years ago and never went back to get a test sample looked at.  But no more kids at this point so I think it worked.

And all you weirdos looking at getting a vasectomy before you have kids is just bizarre.

2 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I got mine 11.5 years ago and never went back to get a test sample looked at.  But no more kids at this point so I think it worked.

And all you weirdos looking at getting a vasectomy before you have kids is just bizarre.

I don't want kids and this prevents it. 

Yep. Plus the reversal rate is very good out to 10 years which is attractive. I’ve boned my share of crazy and have decided to play the young and wealthy card while in Tulsa. I’m a prime target to get popped for a child. This prevents that. 

Edited by Jhawk
  • Like 1

Had mine done about 24 years ago after our second daughter was born.  Wife wanted off birth control . . . until she got some small patches of acne a couple of years later and, of course, got right back on it.

Mine was 100% covered by insurance.  It hurt like hell and the recovery sucked--it was the sutures, they hurt like hell until they came out.  This thread brings back painful memories.  It sounds like the procedure is easier now.  

A few things to consider.  If you get divorced and remarried later in life (say around 20 years after the procedure) and want to start another family the reversal may not work.  It's not the reversal procedure but the quality of the sperm.  I had a friend who went through hell trying to get his second (and much younger) wife pregnant.  I didn't get all the details but it involved very large syringes.   All in, I'm glad I had it done.  I'm done with kids no matter what.

On 2/6/2019 at 2:10 PM, Assman said:

Got mine done yesterday.  The needle to the nuts was the most pain I've ever experienced in my life, by far.  I let out a loud "mother fucker!" that was probably heard in the parking lot.  Then when he started the cauterizing, I felt a fuck ton of pain there too, so he gave me another shot of the Lidocaine, and that one hurt worse than the first.  He was confused why I felt so much pain, but he did say that he's had bad batches of Lidocaine that haven't worked like they should.  Either way, the pain on day 2 has subsided significantly.  At rest I feel nothing, but when I move around it feels like a constant light tap to the nuts.  In the end, I'm glad I did it, but I'd rather star in an ISIS propaganda video than take another needle to the nuts.

FYI for anyone considering a vasectomy. You don't have to get a needle in your balls. Don't be like assman.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Yep. Plus the reversal rate is very good out to 10 years which is attractive. I’ve boned my share of crazy and have decided to play the young and wealthy card while in Tulsa. I’m a prime target to get popped for a child. This prevents that. 

tumblr_mgzpqfQaMK1roavl3o1_250.gif

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

FYI for anyone considering a vasectomy. You don't have to get a needle in your balls. Don't be like assman.

Any Dr. recommendations here in Austin? Not sure I'm comfortable with Dr. Peter Ruff.

Edited by ZB'Tejas

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

That's great unless you're on Tricare and live in a small town where only 2 doctors are "in network".  I'd love to be able to drive to DFW and pick my doc but that's not the reality.

On 1/27/2019 at 10:12 PM, Jhawk said:

I believe a guy on TOS had this issue.  Chick he was sleeping with told him he got her pregnant.  He showed her the paperwork that showed him sterile and then she confessed that she picked him out of a group of guys that she was seeing because he seemed the most stable....which is saying a lot with anyone associated with that site or this one!

2 minutes ago, 1978horn said:

I believe a guy on TOS had this issue.  Chick he was sleeping with told him he got her pregnant.  He showed her the paperwork that showed him sterile and then she confessed that she picked him out of a group of guys that she was seeing because he seemed the most stable....which is saying a lot with anyone associated with that site or this one!

giphy.gif

On 3/14/2019 at 12:35 PM, ZB'Tejas said:

Any Dr. recommendations here in Austin? Not sure I'm comfortable with Dr. Peter Ruff.

Koushik Shaw did mine and seems to be the popular choice.  No jerk off follow up, you do that with a home kit, so you only go in once. Snipped Dudley and Bob on the air, etc.