USMNT 2022

Napoleon

I hate concacaf so much. There is almost zero value and nothing but risk in playing games like this. Whatever toughness you want to say you earn from surviving or winning bullshit like this is worthless in the WC. You’ll never play a game with field conditions like this. I don’t think you would see shit like this in third division games in Europe. 

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

I hate concacaf so much. There is almost zero value and nothing but risk in playing games like this. Whatever toughness you want to say you earn from surviving or winning bullshit like this is worthless in the WC. You’ll never play a game with field conditions like this. I don’t think you would see shit like this in third division games in Europe. 

Agreed. 

This is unnecessary.

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That had nothing to do with the pitch though.

True, that comes from the other shitty part of concacaf.  Complete shittastic reffing. Pulisic had been a target since the opening whistle, and the ref just let’s shit go.

2 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

The pitch at Jerry World for the Gold Cup was pathetic

https://worldsoccertalk.com/2013/07/23/state-of-cowboys-stadium-pitch-for-us-gold-cup-game-is-embarrassing-photos/

but nowhere near as shithole as this pitch. 

This article doesn't show what it was like after halftime. Huge pieces of grass were missing. Sure not as bad as El Salvador but pretty damn close considering Arlington,Tx

2 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

The chances of seeing a quality goal in these conditions are pretty much nil.  Any scores are gonna be off slips or mistakes 

Shot volume is always helpful in shitty conditions. We should be putting shit on frame anywhere within 35 yards of goal. The keeper is standing in a mud pit. 

There is no mark on a leg from a light tap with the top of the foot. 

That is not anything close to a red card, but this ref really sucks. Especially after not calling a penalty (probably rightfully so) when Arriola was fouled in the back. 

Yeah CONCACAF.

Can we officially join CONMEBOL?

• Hook 'Em 1