USMNT 2022

Napoleon

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

TA has this energy too. Pulisic is also intense but he's a smaller guy that plays a more finesse position so it doesn't always translate to the pitch. Kind of like Argentina with Messi. Obviously he's their best player but in 2014 Mascherano was just as much the engine of that team and did a lot of the dirty work. It takes a village. 

Acosta is probably our biggest shitheel, I’m surprised he didn’t get the call once things went full concacaf.

Kellyn started and played the entire match in place of Adams at the No.6 and performed relatively well versus Grenada. Of course, nearly everyone looked good against Grenada cuz, well, Grenada.

LDLT seems more of an 8 or 10 to me, so not sure if Gergg would put him out at the 6.

Not sure if the classical position numbers work for the 4-3-3 that we've been rolling out. Or maybe I just don't have a very good grasp of it. ESPN shows the 3 with McKennie up top at the 8, with Acosta and LDLT behind him on the sides, but I felt like Acosta played more centrally and McKennie in front on the left and LDLT also in front but on the right.

I'm an old. Everything was much easier when it was mostly 4-4-2. LoL

• Hook 'Em 1

I love Acosta even if he is not quite the talent level of rest of midfield on those tweets on prior page.  If we are able to sit a midfielder with a card against Iran (needing only a point), that's a great spot for him.   He will forever be a hero for getting in Guardado's ear at Nation's cup last summer before the Horvath save....

Interestingly, it appears he won't resign with LAFC and is looking to Europe next year....

Edited by A-Tex Devil
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

Spend a year making a cool $1M (or $750k, whatever) in Germany as a 27 year old vs living in LA? Fuck ya I'd take it. That sounds awesome. 

Kellyn apparently already makes $1.1M playing for LAFC.

https://www.angelsonparade.com/2022/5/17/23100619/lafc-2022-player-salaries-revealed

26 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Where will Chris Richards end up?

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/chris-richards-transfer-usmnt-defender-wanted-by-spanish-clubs-southampton-crystal-palace-and-others/

He needs regular minutes. I'm still foolishly holding out hope that he may be one of the late additions to the World Cup squad.

“Foolishly”?

Why would it be “foolish” to think that a locked in starter at CD before his injury will be included in the squad when he recovers?

As long as he’s playing games, he’s on the plane and may be starting.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Where will Chris Richards end up?

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/chris-richards-transfer-usmnt-defender-wanted-by-spanish-clubs-southampton-crystal-palace-and-others/

He needs regular minutes. I'm still foolishly holding out hope that he may be one of the late additions to the World Cup squad.

Calling shot (because fun and nothing else to do this week), barring injury, on 23.  Admittedly cheating on third striker   

Ferreira, Dike/Pepe, Pefok, Pulisic, Reyna, Weah, Musah, McKinney, Adams, Aaronson, De La Torre, Acosta, Robinson, Zimmerman, Richards, Dest, CCV, EPB, Cannon, Yedlin, Turner, Steffen, Horvath

If you don’t want 3 strikers, then bring Bello along but Dest can play either side, I believe, if Robinson has to come out   

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Calling shot (because fun and nothing else to do this week), barring injury, on 23.  Admittedly cheating on third striker   

Ferreira, Dike/Pepi, Pefok, Pulisic, Reyna, Weah, Musah, McKinney, Adams, Aaronson, De La Torre, Acosta, Robinson, Zimmerman, Richards, Dest, CCV, EPB, Cannon, Yedlin, Turner, Steffen, Horvath

If you don’t want 3 strikers, then bring Bello along but Dest can play either side, I believe, if Robinson has to come out   

1) Think that at least 20 of those make the 26 man roster.

Will Be Left Off: Pefok, Horvath… maybe Cannon/EPB & maybe Dike

Not Listed: GK Sean Johnson, FW Jordan Morris, CD Aaron Long, W Paul Arriola

2) Jordan Morris is playing exclusively on the LEFT side right now on ABC in the Seattle v LAFC match. 

He just “crossed” by trying to curve a ball in with a slice from the outside of his right foot. It was curved, but it was not close to being a good cross and was easily cleared. 

[Rusnak with a goal off of a poor pass out from the keeper that was stolen and immediately turned into a shot/goal.]

1) Seattle is missing Raúl Ruidiaz, which must be why Morris has been playing on the left. 

2) Stefan Frei showing why he should be the USMNT #1.

A) The talent in the MLS is light years ahead of where is was in the first 10-15 years of the league. 

B) I hate the fake turf in Seattle and frequently found throughout the league. 

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 1

Oh, and Morris is running all over the place, but it’s only 61° & cloudy in Seattle. 

That Austin heat nearly killed JM in only 45 minutes. 

The USMNT training staff needs to invest in one of these for Jordan. 

AlphaCool Original Cooling Ice VestF8330A2A-C003-4686-9E0E-E4E22F3713B1.thumb.jpeg.04960ba616339c1b74dcebd9e23c2fa3.jpeg

https://www.mycoolingstore.com/alphacool-original-cooling-ice-vest.html?mainc=AC-GIV-CB&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=&scid=scplpAC-GIV-CB&sc_intid=AC-GIV-CB&gclid=CjwKCAjw77WVBhBuEiwAJ-YoJM_L_-AFSzUc7wTVHV_dQZOzcap7Ou6ZEVdRKi4hY9oEB3-pjUnVFBoCtRsQAvD_BwE

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

2) Jordan Morris is playing exclusively on the LEFT side right now on ABC in the Seattle v LAFC match. 

I was wondering if anyone was watching this. Holy shit did you see that goal? WTF was that keeper doing???

SIAP, but I don't recall this being discussed on the thread. What's the point of playing a Saudi Arabian squad? Unless of course it means cheaper oil for America.

I guess the USMNT might also face off against Japan. I am intrigued as this should be a more competitive match.

https://en.as.com/soccer/usmnt-will-play-against-japan-and-saudi-arabia-in-pre-world-cup-friendlies-n/ 

8 hours ago, shnsajax said:

No idea who this kid is, but 100% starting him vs Mexico should we need him to shank someone.

09f62fe6938a5c1d51362fe49eeb251d.jpg

I have dual citizenship with a passport from a Spanish speaking country south of the Rio Grande, but I still feel that this gentleman and I had different upbringings. 

4 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

SIAP, but I don't recall this being discussed on the thread. What's the point of playing a Saudi Arabian squad? Unless of course it means cheaper oil for America.

I guess the USMNT might also face off against Japan. I am intrigued as this should be a more competitive match.

https://en.as.com/soccer/usmnt-will-play-against-japan-and-saudi-arabia-in-pre-world-cup-friendlies-n/ 

Playing teams in the same confederation as your group opponents is considered good preparation. 

Saudi Arabia, in addition to being home to 15 of the 19 terrorists from September 11th and the prince who oversaw the torture and murder of a journalist who was a resident of the U.S., is also in the Asian confederation. And even though Iranians are Persians, not Arabs, it’s all the same to our schedulers.

And Japan is also in Asia… even though they have even less in common with Iran than Saudi Arabia does (from economy to governmental structure to religion to genetic commonalities), the goal is to have common opponents so that there will be an understanding of strengths and weaknesses when using the Transitive Property of Equality.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I have dual citizenship with a passport from a Spanish speaking country south of the Rio Grande, but I still feel that this gentleman and I had different upbringings. 

You can just say you're from Nicaragua. We won't judge you. 

I mean... we'll judge you. But it'll be in good taste. 

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

I didn't. This is what we should do to CONCACAF minnows. I was pissed that we ONLY beat Grenada 5-0. It should have been more. That we only scored 1 in the first half was kind of a joke.

That St. Kitts side probably would've been challenged by some of the better high school teams in the U.S., so, yes, such a decisive margin should be expected for the USMNT U20s.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/19/2022 at 12:59 PM, Captain Ron said:

I didn't. This is what we should do to CONCACAF minnows. I was pissed that we ONLY beat Grenada 5-0. It should have been more. That we only scored 1 in the first half was kind of a joke.

We didn't roll out our A team. I also don't think we were necessarily trying all that hard. They finished with an xg of 0.10 - so yeah - it wasn't the craziest goal scoring display but they were totally shut down on the other end.