USMNT 2022

Napoleon

10 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Grasshopper, you are short-sighted. You mostly can see the pebble in my hand, but can’t see the door to leave. 

We have 23 field players on our roaster. Around 18 to 20 will play. 

What are you doing with the other 3-5 guys?

You're right. Let's get a random mexican american and have him sit on the bench. Maybe even tell him to grow out a mustache and wear a sombrero so the kids know what's up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

17 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Grasshopper, you are short-sighted. You mostly can see the pebble in my hand, but can’t see the door to leave. 

We have 23 field players on our roaster. Around 18 to 20 will play. 

What are you doing with the other 3-5 guys?

Propping up MLS clearly

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

35 minutes ago, eljinca said:

You're right. Let's get a random mexican american and have him sit on the bench. Maybe even tell him to grow out a mustache and wear a sombrero so the kids know what's up.

He could hand out tamales for the coaches and Jarritos to the guys coming off the field in the 79th minute  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2

2 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

I was listening to GERGGs presser today and he mentioned that versatility was a factor for call ups, then specifically mentioned weah at the left or right wing BUT ALSO up top. Would GERGG dare? GERGG doesn't have hanging nuts does he?

Im pretty sure Weah has played up top before for us. I don't think it will happen but I guess it could. 

I may just be too much of an Aaronson slappy, but I love that that dude can literally buzz around for the whole 90 minutes, using him as a sub seems like a waste. 

1 hour ago, kingkoopa6 said:

CP WEAH GIO

AARON ADAMS MUS

JEDI REAM ZIMM DEST

TURNER

- WES SUPER SUB

I hope it is this, but I can't see Weston not starting. 

I know there is no chance But what about a 3-3-1-3 With Musah as a CDM. We could try to win every game 4 to 3. 

CP WEAH GIO

AARON ADAMS WES

MUSAH

JEDI  ZIMM DEST

TURNER

Edited by Juicy

I have yet to see a berhalter team that does well in the final third. I don’t expect it will against better competition in the desert. The goals will be scraps and we will need to eke out wins v Wales and Iran. Kane has ability to abuse us in second game. Score will be closer to 2018 friendly than the 2010 draw. I would love to be wrong  

i take it we will not be a high pressing team with Ream and Zimmerman on the field. Turner is a shot stopper and not a distributor. 

Taking that many rb’s means that Dest’s fatigued adducter is a concern.  Is there a list of reserves that can be called in if someone gets injured in camp?

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

Also good news, Reyna subbed off at halftime. I assume for something non-injury related and it just takes him extra time to get the bubble wrap on.

I thought he played well in the first half too. Dortmund defense has been awful, but a really fun game to watch. 

1 hour ago, Bottlecap said:

lol just realized he put one past steffen, so ... 

are you saying it shouldn’t count?

Because of a red card Tyler Adams day ends early (only 5 minutes). He will be healthy for Qatar.

Had a hell of a game, Hojbjerg his opposite gave him some kudos going off. 

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

Sarge keeping form!

Sargent with the celebratory salute on Veterans Day weekend.

And I love the scoring on Zack Steffen angle.

I’m sorry that Steffen was ever misled into thinking that he was close to good enough to be a Top 3 USA goalkeeper, but he simply isn’t. And it’s best that he isn’t on the team, because the team does not need that worry every time Turner goes to the ground for a save. 

23 hours ago, ztejas said:

Screenshot_20221113-165807_Instagram.thumb.jpg.59073f008dae2fd5edce60729db3569d.jpgThese two need to mate and produce an offspring. 

Ummmm…

I see this ending in much the same manner as a Praying Mantis couple’s post-compilation routine.

3 hours ago, shnsajax said:

That and Mia and Nomar hasn't exactly produced us anything as of yet, but Dennis Rodman has. 

I always thought that it was strange that Mia Hamm married a man.

She had/has even fewer feminine mannerisms than Danica Patrick. A competitive uber-tomboy with a fairly attractive face.

• Haha 1

I always thought that it was strange that Mia Hamm married a man.
She had/has even fewer feminine mannerisms than Danica Patrick. A competitive uber-tomboy with a fairly attractive face.

I mean, back in the early 90’s she looked like Katie Ireland standing next to Michelle Akers (who is still the most under appreciated women’s player of all time).

8 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Michelle Akers (who is still the most under appreciated women’s player of all time).

I think that Akers has CTE.

Some kind of cognitive decline due to headers & concussions from playing the game like a warrior. I feel like she got knocked out in the 1999 women’s final, but I may be mixing matches. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I think that Akers has CTE.
Some kind of cognitive decline due to headers & concussions from playing the game like a warrior. I feel like she got knocked out in the 1999 women’s final, but I may be mixing matches. 

I don’t think she has it, but she has agreed to be a part of a study with Chastain. But yeah she played like a fucking warrior, read she has had over 30 surgeries. Her and Wambach were just different.

19 hours ago, shnsajax said:

I don’t think she has it, but she has agreed to be a part of a study with Chastain. But yeah she played like a fucking warrior, read she has had over 30 surgeries. Her and Wambach were just different.

I haven’t seen anything regarding CTE and Akers, but she definitely had concussions, multiple knee reconstructions and played much of the ‘99 World Cup knockout rounds with a dislocated shoulder.

She’s probably the best soccer player, relative to her peers, the US has ever produced.

Unfortunately, she played in an era where she made zero dollars and had to retire due to injuries after the ‘99 World Cup. A few years ago she auctioned off all of her medals, awards and memorabilia off to raise money to continue a horse rescue farm she runs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2