USMNT 2022

Napoleon

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

Would this Belgian company really punish the Belgian people with Budweiser if they win? 

Belgians know their beer. 

It would be best if Brazil or Argentina wins, because both fan bases would absolutely love free Budweiser. 

Belgians, French, Dutch, English, Danish, Spanish, Ital… OOPS 😬, Swiss…

Don’t know about the Portuguese, Croats would drink it, but they only have 75 people in that country… same for Uruguay. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Would this Belgian company really punish the Belgian people with Budweiser if they win? 

Belgians know their beer. 

It would be best if Brazil or Argentina wins, because both fan bases would absolutely love free Budweiser. 

Belgians, French, Dutch, English, Danish, Spanish, Ital… OOPS 😬, Swiss…

Don’t know about the Portuguese, Croats would drink it, but they only have 75 people in that country… same for Uruguay. 

Portugal? Sagres and Super Bock are marginally better than Bud, so they might drink it if it's free, but Portugal is a wine country.

Much of the rest of the world would rightfully revolt, and they should be supported in that action should it ever come to that. I'd still rather have a Quilmes or Brahma than a Bud, but I could see Argentina/Brasil looking the other way especially if it were free. 😝

5 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Ream has supposedly been playing with the 1s.  

The big questions in addition to RB are Aaronson or McKennie, Weah or Reyna and Sargent or Jesus.

I personally think Aaronson is an obvious choice over McKennie. WM looked awful in the last round of friendlies and has not been playing for Juve over the past few weeks. 

Also, Wales is likely to play a lot of players behind the ball. I think you need a more creative player to break that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

We're a little top heavy, it's a good problem to have. What boggles my mind is that Gergg doesn't even try to maximize what we do have out there.

He won't do it, but this is what I want to see.

CP Sargent Weah

Reyna
        Adams Musah

Robinson Ream Zimmerman Dest

I would put Weah where Sargent is and Aaronson where Weah is. Just havoc up top. I think your lineup is probably pretty close to what we will see. 

Weston is probably in for Reyna though, and who TF knows what they are going to do up top. I hope its Sargent but wouldn't be surprised if it was JF 

Edited by Juicy

Player Ratings

Turner 6 - One solid save but looked shaky at times on set pieces. Could do nothing on the PK.  Average

Dest 6 - Naïve tackle to pick up a completely unnecessary yellow but calm on the ball and the drop off when Yedlin came on was noticeable.

Zimmerman 5 - Battled hard but also naïve on the penalty that cost us 2 points.  

Ream 7 - Solid in defense and passed well.  Good relationship with Robinson

Robinson 7 - Amazing motor.  We looked much stronger on the left throughout the match.  

Adams 8 - Clearly the best player on the pitch.  Won everything

McKennie 4 - Thought he sucked.  Gave the ball away constantly.  Looked to be injured.  Aaronson must start against England

Musah 6 - Potential is through the roof.  Lost effectiveness in 2H but he gives us something different and positive compared to other MFs

Pulisic 7 - Was very dangerous until he was kicked out of the game. 

Sargent 6 - Needs to put the header on target but did his job.  Held up the ball and pressed well.

Weah 7 - Tired late but provided effective wing play and scored the goal.  Should start again

Aaronson 6 - Should have come on earlier.  Won possession and didn't constantly give the ball away like Weston

Acosta 5 - We needed to shore things up defensively and he is all we have. World Cup level is just above him.

Wright 4 - Why is he on the team instead of Pepi? 

Yedlin 4 - Clear drop-off in quality from Dest.  Shouldn't get another opportunity with two more RBs on the roster

Morris 4 - Provides nothing.  Why did he come on instead of Gio?  Shouldn't be on the roster much less the field.

Berhalter 4 - Got the starters right but who couldn't?  All of his subs were average or poor other than the obvious one that everyone could have made.  Completely outcoached by Page at HT and throughout the second half.  Looked shell shocked every time the camera panned to him.  We all knew he would fuck us this world cup and he did.  Moron.  

Qatari ref 4 - This is the world cup and there will be a few refs who aren't qualified for this level and he is one of them.  Allowed Wales to kick Pulisic out of the game and was inconsistent throughout but for both sides.

• Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Turner 6 - One solid save but looked shaky at times on set pieces. Could do nothing on the PK.  Average

I mean he got a hand on it... no keeper in the world is saving that. 

Agree on the rest for the most part. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Player Ratings

Dest 6 - Naïve tackle to pick up a completely unnecessary yellow but calm on the ball and the drop off when Yedlin came on was noticeable.

Robinson 7 - Amazing motor.  We looked much stronger on the left throughout the match.  

McKennie 4 - Thought he sucked.  Gave the ball away constantly.  Looked to be injured.  Aaronson must start against England

Musah 6 - Potential is through the roof.  Lost effectiveness in 2H but he gives us something different and positive compared to other MFs

Sargent 6 - Needs to put the header on target but did his job.  Held up the ball and pressed well.

Weah 7 - Tired late but provided effective wing play and scored the goal.  Should start again

Aaronson 6 - Should have come on earlier.  Won possession and didn't constantly give the ball away like Weston

Acosta 5 - We needed to shore things up defensively and he is all we have. World Cup level is just above him.

Yedlin 4 - Clear drop-off in quality from Dest.  Shouldn't get another opportunity with two more RBs on the roster

Morris 4 - Provides nothing.  Why did he come on instead of Gio?  Shouldn't be on the roster much less the field.

Berhalter 4 - Got the starters right but who couldn't?  All of his subs were average or poor other than the obvious one that everyone could have made.  Completely outcoached by Page at HT and throughout the second half.  Looked shell shocked every time the camera panned to him.  We all knew he would fuck us this world cup and he did.  Moron.  

Qatari ref 4 - This is the world cup and there will be a few refs who aren't qualified for this level and he is one of them.  Allowed Wales to kick Pulisic out of the game and was inconsistent throughout but for both sides.

I was lower on Adams and Pulisic than you. Adams did good work winning back possession but he was a black hole in terms of pressing forward and starting the offense. Maybe they're just not asking him to do that, I dunno. Thought Pulisic had quite a few passes off the mark, or took one touch too many at times. Also got sick of his flopping around.

I liked our FBs and Ream. Thought Zimmerman was doing fine as well until the penalty. Also liked Weah, Sargent, Musah, and Aaronson. Agree that Weston was bad today.

1 hour ago, alincoln said:

Player Ratings

Player Ratings

Turner 7 - was good and bad - 8.5 if he blocks bale pk

Dest7 - weak yellow- wasn't bad

Zimmerman 7 - lock down until dum dum moment- 9 if he doesnt foul bale

Ream 8 - handled the game well, wasnt bad- 9 if we won

Robinson 8 - up and down, would give a 9 if we won

Adams 7- was everywhere- not great going forward, but not bad in the back 9 if we won

McKennie 6 - didn't really do much for the game- if he had better service from CP on the corners - maybe we see some magic- 

Musah 6 - wasn't bad- flashes of badassness - 

Pulisic 7 - them corners were booty holes... we had a shyt ton we should have been able to bury one at least- 

Sargent 5 - ehh.. that header was dope tho, if it goes in and we win 2-0- he gets a 7

Weah 8 - was beast first half- needed to get fed the ball more- 

Aaronson 8 - dude came on and wanted it bad.. to bad he was surrounded by the subs that greg brought in... 

Acosta 7 - shocked to see him get burn. but he wasn't bad- saved 50 yard banger from bale... if we won, id give him a 9 just for that foul.. wouldn't have cared it was a red too, damn, bale was cocking back for that dagger.

Wright -NA

Yedlin 6 - wasn't that bad, but nothing special.

Morris -NA

Berhalter 5 - subs was ass- - if we win he gets a 7... but thats cuz our guys beasted, not cuz of coach

Qatari ref -NA - refs gonna ref... them early yellows was hella soft. 

I said going into this game that anything less than a win vs Wales means we are likely out. I would much rather be Wales right now than us. They are likely to play an England team in the 3rd match that is already through. 

Very disappointing 2nd half. I still think Mckinnie is not right and don’t think he should have started. I think aaronson was in much better form and would have been a better option for this matchup. 

Also don’t understand Jordan Fucking Morris over Gio. You put your best players on the field. Period. Maybe Gio was hurt?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Which doesn't matter. They will be playing England to top the group. Unless they don't beat Iran in which case it doesn't matter. 

Do you remember the 2014 World Cup? We had the same exact scenario going into our 3rd game against Germany. It will be exactly the same in this case. England will win an ugly 1-0 and both will be happy with it. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Do you remember the 2014 World Cup? We had the same exact scenario going into our 3rd game against Germany. It will be exactly the same in this case. England will win an ugly 1-0 and both will be happy with it. 

Why would England approach either game any differently? 

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

That was a very different situation. In game 3 we had this going for us. 

image.jpeg.3a0ea25d217d80960995b4132a0686f8.jpeg

The dirty handshake. 

There is nothing like that with wales and England. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Adams was shit going forward because he was too busy ensuring Wales couldn't counter in the first half and then snuffing out attack after attack in the 2nd. Which is exactly what we need him to do. 

If Adams doesn't see the attacking third all game, I don't think I care. That's not his job for this team. Musah, McKennie, Aaronson, and Reyna (fuck you GGG) - that's their job to be the MF link to the wings and forward, not Adams.

• Hook 'Em 2

Assuming we can keep the game close with England (not sure that should be an assumption at this point), the result of the Wales-Iran game is going to be the most crucial match. If Wales wins by more than a goal, I think we're going to have a major uphill battle on Tuesday. Essentially you could be down 3 points and 3 goals on goal differential.