USMNT 2022

Napoleon

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

Yeah but it didn't. 

Also - did they really go 1/5 on pens? WTF?

Yeah, one of the worst shootouts I’ve seen. Though to be fair these kids don’t have the placement yet, only 1 of all 9 shots was good  

Mexico’s 5 shots were:

1. Near center, keeper got a foot up on it to keep it out.

2. So so with a pretty easy save.

3. Missed everything.

4. Weill struck and not close to being saved.

5. Almost identical to #2, weak with an easy save. 

After making their first two, Guatemala had two clunkers that were easily saved too. 

Edited by Captain Ron

55 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Wait... so we qualified for the next WC already and this game is now for Olympic qualification? Is there a way to qualify for 2024 if we lose this game?

As Ted said, this game will get us in the 2024 Olympics. If we lose, there is no way we can qualify. 

So that’s a U23 tourney, how many guys could we send to it that are legit of age? I knew Reyna would be, who else?

Edited by Captain Ron

16 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

As Ted said, this game will get us in the 2024 Olympics. If we lose, there is no way we can qualify. 

So that’s a U23 tourney, how many guys could we send to it that are legit of age? I knew Reyna would be, who else?

We could send a ton of our current senior team. I think who would we send is a better question. 

Filipo (Tactical manager) was saying if we qualify, we could sell the game to a lot of casuals in a small tournament, with a strong chance to medal. Plus we could make names for everyone prior to the World Cup at home.

granted, before we talk of who to send, let’s first make it.