USMNT 2022

Napoleon

1 minute ago, shnsajax said:

Hahaha, and we are bringing in Clark and Sullivan off the bench in the 57th minute and making a goalie change too.

The first two subs really underscore Varas' mindset--this team is built to possess and score, and that's how he's going to play them, even in the final half hour of a game the US is leading, 5-0.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Like 1

Just now, shnsajax said:

I kind of feel bad for the DR keeper.

Hope I'm not too soon in saying this, but this Dominican side deserves plaudits for not trying to CONCACAF up this match. They're getting run off the field, yet they're not displaying the usual hacks and shithousing we often see from mainland foes.

• Hook 'Em 1

The first two subs really underscore Varas' mindset--this team is built to possess and score, and that's how he's going to play them, even in the final half hour of a game the US is leading, 5-0.

Yeah he has adopted the AllGasNoBrakes policy!
  • Like 1

Lol Edu you don't have to tiptoe around the question anyone with a brain can see that this team could win the WC. 

This team is better than the 2019 one that made the quarters and should have done better. Funny to think about adding Pepi and Reyna to that roster next summer.

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

This has been Luna's best game. Some excellent technique that previous possession, including the switch to set up the goal-scoring opportunity and then his side volley on the rebound. 

Yeah I think he's maybe been the best player on the pitch. He's done a good job of tracking back as well. 

5 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

This team is better than the 2019 one that made the quarters and should have done better. Funny to think about adding Pepi and Reyna to that roster next summer.

And Musah... 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 12:37 PM, shnsajax said:

We should absolutely roll out our best team in the Olympics for the reasons you just said and they should market the hell out of that team leading up to 2026. I didn’t realize that it’s only 18 man rosters, that will make for some interesting choices but I’m calling Pulisic, McKennie, and Adams to play in it too. Brenden A as an alternate to Pulisic since he just misses the u23 cut off.

Forgot about Malik Tillman too.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Who is the opponent?

Where is the game?

Hopefully not against FC Dallas.

7619D8CD-D99C-4E6D-A85A-7BEE647749FE.thumb.png.61d8368e0299bf5beafb8cbcd3fd572f.png

FC Numberg in the Budesliga 2. And screw those temps, I'm heading to the Washington coast next weekend where the highs are in the 60's. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, shnsajax said:

Don’t hate it and hopefully will be getting decent first team minutes.

Don’t like any player going to Scotland other than a keeper. 

Carter-Vickers has excelled and made it back into the USMNT, but it is just such an inferior league. 

39 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Don’t like any player going to Scotland other than a keeper. 

Carter-Vickers has excelled and made it back into the USMNT, but it is just such an inferior league. 

For some reason I have a soft spot for the SPL and Rangers, and I think its fine for a teenage or in his case a 20 year old, but if he is there for more than 2 years its a problem. Still could make the Champions League this season too. 

• Hook 'Em 2