USMNT 2022

Napoleon

34 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Starting lineup vs. Costa Rica (10/13/21)

Steffen - horrible form/not starting for club

Dest - poor form/not starting for club

Robinson - injured/out of world cup

Richards - injured/not starting for club

Robinson - injured

Adams - IN GOOD FORM AND STARTING FOR CLUB!!!!!!

Musah - injured

McKennie - poor form

Pulisic - poor form/not starting for club

Pepi - horrible form/not starting for club

Weah - injured

Pepi started and scored the last match before the friendlies. 

The match before that, he got an assist

Other than starting and playing well, you hit the pool noodle on the powdered sugar with Pepi.

19 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

First bullet says it all. 

Actually the bullet that says it all is #4. His lack of international experience really shows.

It has been mentioned by a ton of guys, but he's managing this team like a club not a country:

Club - have a system and bring in players to fit that system

Country - have a player pool and fit the system around the players to get the most out of them

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, WBT said:

I'm sure we'll hire someone better for 2026!

Max Bretos had Eric Wynalda on his podcast yesterday and I would absolutely LOVE for Eric Wynalda to coach the USMNT. 

But Wynalda is not a company guy. He knows more than everyone in the US Soccer Federation combined and they know it, which is why they don’t want him. 

The listen is both encouraging and a little disheartening… but hopeful.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-soccer-og-with-max-bretos/id1555592637?i=1000580974533

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

And in case the last 2 games didn’t worry you enough, don’t forget there is an MLS only camp for players not in the playoffs coming up in October. 

Can we send Turner back to MLS?

If we start Steffen in Qatar I may have to expatriate. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Can we send Turner back to MLS?

If we start Steffen in Qatar I may have to expatriate. 

I hear chatter about Steffen in the pipes for Qatar, who is saying this? Where is anyone getting this idea? I get the worry, because Gergg is a moron, but nothing going on tells me that Gregg is going with Steffen. 

We need distribution out of our CBs and GK. Without that, this "system" is in total shambles. Right now, Zimmerman is the only one getting regular minutes for GGG that fits the bill. At least Steffen helps in that regard. 

Forget the fact the real answer is you shouldn't have run off Brooks and played Richards more....

This is all so damn frustrating.

10 hours ago, dieucla98 said:

Steffen over turner or ferreira over pefok? Which are you more pissed about? Hypothetically.....

Steffen. He shouldn't even be on the plan the Qatar anymore. But to get the start?!?!?! I mean Ferreira isn't the 9, but he's earned a place in Qatar (though Berhalter has no place for him in the system). 

2 hours ago, shnsajax said:

Pulisic on the bench, 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Which is horseshit. 

It kind of looks like Potter knows what he’s doing. 

7271DA29-5BC5-4B96-ADF4-CEBE2BCE413C.thumb.png.a88eda9f4b61b3ed8d1eef6fd849291c.png

It sucks for Christian and for USMNT fans, but Chelsea fans have to be loving what they are seeing after Tuchel’s start to the season. 

24 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Final Fifa Rankings sure make this look like the group of death. 

All 4 in the top 20.

No. 5 England, No. 16 United States, No. 19 Wales and No. 20 Iran.

Awful FIFA rankings aside, the USMNT and Mexico are clearly the worst Pot 2 teams and by quite some distance and Iran and England are in the bottom half of the Pot 1 and Pot 3 teams.

We were very fortunate to be in Pot 2.  We should have been in Pot 3 which would have placed us in a brutal group.  I would definitely consider Senegal, Japan, Serbia and Poland (all Pot 3 teams) as favorites against us at the moment.