2022 Annual of Three Putting

ocugolf

Anyone booked any trips for the year? This is going to be a busy one for me as long as Covid doesn’t mess with it.

SW Ireland in mid May

Sand Hills/Prairie Club/Landmand in early July

May have a Pine Valley invite in late July. 

St. George in October: Sand Hollow, Entrada, etc.

Trying to work in Streamsong in June but I don’t know if the wife will allow.

• Hook 'Em 3

Phoenix for the WM Phoenix Open in February, playing Raptor and Troon North Monument while I'm there. Pretty excited. Really wanted to get on the Champions course at TPC while we are there, but some asshole corporation reserved every morning tee-time for the whole tournament. Really want to get to Lajitas sometime this year, but nothing solid planned yet. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, capnamerca said:

Was supposed to be in Scottsdale next fucking weekend, playing Southern Dunes, WeKoPa and TPC Stadium. Omicron is threatening to shitcan that trip - already had 2 of 7 drop out for VERY good reasons, and I might be next. FUCK.

Bandon planned March 2023.

Sorry for your loss.  As you know, I'll not be playing any golf until probably April.

8 hours ago, ocugolf said:

Anyone booked any trips for the year? This is going to be a busy one for me as long as Covid doesn’t mess with it.

SW Ireland in mid May

Sand Hills/Prairie Club/Landmand in early July

May have a Pine Valley invite in late July. 

St. George in October: Sand Hollow, Entrada, etc.

Trying to work in Streamsong in June but I don’t know if the wife will allow.

Streamsong in June sounds very warm with lots of mosquitos.  And daily afternoon thunderstorms.

I’m starting back up after a long absence and I need some help.

Female golfer and I’m short. I was fitted for a driver and he shortened the new club, but I don’t know by how much.

I plan to get fitted for a hybrid, but rather than replacing my irons I would prefer to have the club lengths adjusted because I suspect that is causing my shitty playing (club hitting the dirt before the ball, mis-hits, etc). I know I’m also waaay out of practice but it doesn’t do any good to practice with clubs that don’t fit or buy brand news ones and waste $$ on something I may not be happy with after improving with some lessons.

So, should I just figure out the driver shaft length and have the irons “fitted” by the same cut down from standard length? Sorry for the noob questions.

Female golfer and I’m short. I was fitted for a driver and he shortened the new club, but I don’t know by how much.

I plan to get fitted for a hybrid, but rather than replacing my irons I would prefer to have the club lengths adjusted because I suspect that is causing my shitty playing (club hitting the dirt before the ball, mis-hits, etc). I know I’m also waaay out of practice but it doesn’t do any good to practice with clubs that don’t fit or buy brand news ones and waste $$ on something I may not be happy with after improving with some lessons.

So, should I just figure out the driver shaft length and have the irons “fitted” by the same cut down from standard length? Sorry for the noob questions.

Is there a decent club fitter near you? Or if you sign up for lessons at a local club (or public course I’d they have decent teaching staff) most places will include a fitting where they can help determine whether to cut down clubs and adjust lie angles to fit your height and arm length. Typically cheaper than a new set of irons if you’re not ready to pull the trigger on a new full set.

If you’re in the Austin area capnamerca or Chitwood can help you find someone.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

Is there a decent club fitter near you? Or if you sign up for lessons at a local club (or public course I’d they have decent teaching staff) most places will include a fitting where they can help determine whether to cut down clubs and adjust lie angles to fit your height and arm length. Typically cheaper than a new set of irons if you’re not ready to pull the trigger on a new full set.

If you’re in the Austin area capnamerca or Chitwood can help you find someone.

Thanks!  Yes, I'm in the Austin area. 

I’ll play somewhere in Palm Springs at the end of the month (welcome recommendations). In April I’m going to play in Charleston before going Augusta for a Masters practice round (first time). In July I might make it across the pond to the Open. Solid potential for the year.

Are your irons an off the rack women’s set?

41 minutes ago, gurt said:

Are your irons an off the rack women’s set?

I should add that my previous set was something my Dad received as an incentive to visit a time share in the early 90's.  I played HS golf with them and was competitive.  I started ordering red dot ladies clubs from Ebay trying to cobble something together during COVID.  I just wanted to hit and not think.  Got fitted for a driver and quickly found out that I could hit with some accuracy off of the tee box, but distance was lacking.  Looked into fairway woods and hybrids.  The G15 SW is serviceable so far, but I've only played 2 rounds of 9 holes and 1 of 18 with the G15's.

I should add that my previous set was something my Dad received as an incentive to visit a time share in the early 90's.  I played HS golf with them and was competitive.  I started ordering red dot ladies clubs from Ebay trying to cobble something together during COVID.  I just wanted to hit and not think.  Got fitted for a driver and quickly found out that I could hit with some accuracy off of the tee box, but distance was lacking.  Looked into fairway woods and hybrids.  The G15 SW is serviceable so far, but I've only played 2 rounds of 9 holes and 1 of 18 with the G15's.

Unless I am misunderstanding you, it does sound like you could use a fitting to get them sized down if they are just standard length men’s clubs. Off the rack is generally for a 5’9” man so shortening them an inch or so could definitely help.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, gurt said:

Unless I am misunderstanding you, it does sound like you could use a fitting to get them sized down if they are just standard length men’s clubs. Off the rack is generally for a 5’9” man so shortening them an inch or so could definitely help.

Just shortening clubs without adjusting the lie angle isn't going to help much.

17 hours ago, tigol said:

since you are a woman with a name of "tigol".....

https://www.sportsrec.com/measure-bust-size-sports-bra-2311500.html

i keed, maybe.

• Like 1

ok, which one of you assholes is going to be THAT guy?

taylormade-stealth-drivers-6.jpg&f=1&nof

besides the UGLY ass color, the face is made of carbon fiber. yea....how many hits until the face integrity is compromised and you start seeing decreased distance. that and the fact that SIM and SIM2 drivers are known for breaking, TM doesn't have a great track record of reliability with the carbon on their drivers.

9 hours ago, crash_davis said:

ok, which one of you assholes is going to be THAT guy?

taylormade-stealth-drivers-6.jpg&f=1&nof

besides the UGLY ass color, the face is made of carbon fiber. yea....how many hits until the face integrity is compromised and you start seeing decreased distance. that and the fact that SIM and SIM2 drivers are known for breaking, TM doesn't have a great track record of reliability with the carbon on their drivers.

But TM has a great track record for customer service. I cracked my M5 and they replaced it with a SIM. No questions asked and let me switch to a different loft as well. 

But TM has a great track record for customer service. I cracked my M5 and they replaced it with a SIM. No questions asked and let me switch to a different loft as well. 

That and they’ll have another new model in 3 months. Just in time for an upgrade.

On 1/5/2022 at 11:15 AM, huge said:

My last 2 rounds have been terrible.  Played bad courses in bad shape but it hasn't been promising.  PLUS the scores haven't hit my index yet.

New irons supposed to arrive next month.  I'm sure that will help.

How is that possible?  Index on GHIN updates every day. 

Ended 2021 playing the best golf of my life. Was really looking forward to focusing on fitness and short game in 2022. I think the latter is what I need to make the next jump to scratch or better. And the former is probably just a good idea for enjoying the game for a long time. 

But I woke up on NYE with a stiff lower back that two days later turned into a pinched nerve. I haven’t been able to stand or lay down without excruciating pain in my legs in over a week. 

I hope I can get back out there at some point but I fear I have a long road of ortho visits and PT, if not surgery, in my near future. 

• Rage+1 1

On 1/4/2022 at 9:07 PM, blacklab said:

The thread is named for him after all

Zing!!!!

Spent the last 6 weeks in Hilton Head. Place just never gets old. Walked out on Harbour Town nightly for some chipping/putting. Best part of the trip was I got out to Berkeley Hall. World class...place was just incredible. Best practice facility I've seen (that and May River).

Also...these things fuq.

IMG_7513.thumb.PNG.e2d1817d00d1100fa9fb4f4149102150.PNG

Edited by longhorn10

14 hours ago, Gen. Applewhite said:
14 hours ago, Gen. Applewhite said:

Played Berkeley Hall almost 20 years ago and it was top notch. AA had lost my brand new sticks on the way there so I had to rent a set at each course we played. As if golf in HH weren’t expensive enough already. 

North or South? You should see the new short game area...it's unbelievable. They're also doing a 12m clubhouse reno right now.

Edited by longhorn10

On 1/13/2022 at 12:59 PM, longhorn10 said:

Zing!!!!

Spent the last 6 weeks in Hilton Head. Place just never gets old. Walked out on Harbour Town nightly for some chipping/putting. Best part of the trip was I got out to Berkeley Hall. World class...place was just incredible. Best practice facility I've seen (that and May River).

Also...these things fuq.

IMG_7513.thumb.PNG.e2d1817d00d1100fa9fb4f4149102150.PNG

Doctor said I can start chipping and putting. 

Did you hear that? Hey @blacklab 

I can putt now!

On 1/13/2022 at 5:35 PM, babysdaddy said:

I feel like I am failing at life.  And those clubs are sexy af lh10

2022 goals.  scratch index, shoot the love number, qualify for advance  past round 1 in the club championship (match play)

If you’re lucky you’ll be paired against Kelly K. 

On 1/13/2022 at 5:35 PM, babysdaddy said:

I feel like I am failing at life.  And those clubs are sexy af lh10

2022 goals.  scratch index, shoot the love number, qualify for advance  past round 1 in the club championship (match play)

You left off invite Greg to the renovated BH. 

• Hook 'Em 1