Texas at Kansas St on ESPN+

SDG

2 minutes ago, justhookit said:

This. Askew won’t even look at the basket. Ramey gets a weird rap for being one of our best players. Last few shots on the other hand …………

thank you Carr.

I don’t get it either with Askew. Either he has zero confidence or Beard is telling him his job is to facilitate and not worry about scoring 

• Hook 'Em 1

A little sloppy at times but this is basically how I figured we'd win this game. The pep they came out with in the 1H wasn't sustainable and they've ran out of fouls at this point. Shooting leveled off a bit - Carr has hit some good looks as has Ramey and we've fought well inside and boarded on O well. Disu is fucking awesome. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, honolulu horn said:

Young team, weathering an unexpected storm in the first half, staying composed, and now starting to gel and head to 2-0 in conference. 

It's likely the oldest team in the country. I understand what you're saying, that they haven't played together previously, but there's a huge amount of game experience on this roster.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Damn I hope B12NOW starts giving us better announcers than Galindo...

FUCK !!!

(just muted tv broadcast -- he won't shut up enough to call the game.)

it really is the worst.  he never calls the action in the game because he's trying to think of the next catch phrase or nickname he is going to throw out there.

the 2 guys I never want on our game are Galindo and Walton.  I'll even take Fraschilla.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

It's likely the oldest team in the country. I understand what you're saying, that they haven't played together previously, but there's a huge amount of game experience on this roster.

He meant young like Bill Walton would mean young. They are young in their gathering of spiritual experiences as a collective. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

I think the high FT percentage reflects their experience. But they still have to learn to play together and communicate in game.

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I don’t get it either with Askew. Either he has zero confidence or Beard is telling him his job is to facilitate and not worry about scoring 

He wasn’t a volume scorer in high school but it was nothing like this. Just guesssing but he just has no confidence right now and is scared to look for his shot. On the other hand Beard is giving him way more playing time than he got early, so there’s something he likes.

2 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Yeah, sorry. That's exactly what I meant. Old players but a "young team" in that very few have played together before this season. My point was that it seems that they are starting to come together at the right time. It also seems like they actually like each other, regardless of whatever that dipshit tweeted last week. 

1 minute ago, justhookit said:

He wasn’t a volume scorer in high school but it was nothing like this. Just guesssing but he just has no confidence right now and is scared to look for his shot. On the other hand Beard is giving him way more playing time than he got early, so there’s something he likes.

Doesn't turn the ball over and plays within the system. 

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

Askew is less athletic than I thought he would be. Was expecting a hammer jam not a YMCA layup attempt. 

I thought about the yam but I don't think it was quite open. Regardless - his jab and footwork out of the triple threat is really impressive. Something I noticed early this year. 

Just now, ztejas said:

Lmfao they tagged Askew with a flagrant there? What a fucking joke. It's lucky when you get a half decent officiating crew in college. 

Lol half decent doesn’t exist in college. NCAA officiating is such garbage

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

it really is the worst.  he never calls the action in the game because he's trying to think of the next catch phrase or nickname he is going to throw out there.

the 2 guys I never want on our game are Galindo and Walton.  I'll even take Fraschilla.

I’ll take Galindo over Walton. There, I said it.

• Haha 1