Texas at Kansas St on ESPN+

SDG

Just now, ztejas said:

Beard is so refreshing already. Even when we underperform or lose games I'm not worrying about what direction the program is headed in. 

Because he has a plan.  people may not always agree with it, but he has one and sticks to it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Dahobbs said:

Weird how at times we can cleanly run an offense, but spend 70% of the game on struggle bus mode. 

It's because we wore their ass out and got them in foul trouble. It isn't complicated. We ran plenty of good sets in the 1H just didn't shoot particularly well and made some bad mistakes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TexArcher said:

I know we've gotten lucky with some Covid issues for our first two Big 12 opponents, but 12-2 is 12-2.  We all see the deficiencies on offense, but this defense should make us a tough out for just about anybody.

I'm hoping for 12-6 in the conference.

Collect wins when you can, especially early on with our schedule. Every road win in this conference is a bonus. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I seriously don't understand how you can do a job for as long as Lowell has been doing this one and show literally zero improvement.

he's only trying to get on a sports center highlight with a catch phrase or attempting to be the color guy.  that's it.  getting better at PbP or calling a game is not part of his thought process.

zonk and swindell constantly fuck with him on the baseball calls.

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

Nice shot by aggy but that team will be lucky to go .500 in the SEC. 

Georgia is #216 in Kenpom and the worst team in the SEC. 

just saw the graphic this is their best start since 2017-18, man that program has taken a huge nose dive. They were a regular tourny team every year with a threat for a 2nd weekend berth.. all the money must be going to 8-4 football seasons. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

just saw the graphic this is their best start since 2017-18, man that program has taken a huge nose dive. They were a regular tourny team every year with a threat for a 2nd weekend berth.. all the money must be going to 8-4 football seasons. 

They're stacking wins against shit teams which is why they're #61 in Kenpom and #62 in NET. 

14 games in and they've only played 1 team that will even sniff the tournament which was a L to Wisconsin. They will probably get to 20+ wins and won't even get close to being a tournament team. 

Their other loss was to TCU who IMO will finish 8th or 9th in the Big 12. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Hook 'Em 1

Cunningham filled up the box score with the 2 fouls and o’fer across the rest of his line. I’m so over the credit he gets for hustling.

we won on the road which you absolutely have to do against this KSU team, regardless of their Covid issues. Not sure we learned much but if we get this Carr from here out we are a much better team. Let’s get Disu in shape and see what happens. 

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I know we've gotten lucky with some Covid issues for our first two Big 12 opponents, but 12-2 is 12-2.  We all see the deficiencies on offense, but this defense should make us a tough out for just about anybody.

I'm hoping for 12-6 in the conference.

The good thing is the West Virginia win will be a quality win too. 

31 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

They're stacking wins against shit teams

Football turdition spilling into basketball.

32 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

which is why they're #61 in Kenpom and #62 in NET. 

Basketball turdition staying the same.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, justhookit said:

I’ll take Galindo over Walton. There, I said it.

Galindo is one of the few I wouldnt take over Walton. In between Walton's tangential observations and weird ass analogies, he will occasionally drop some insight that comes from having played the sport and relevant to the game at hand. Galindo is an annoying fuckstick 100% of the time and never has anything relevant to add. I'd rather listen to the "boom goes the dynamite" guy than Galindo. If I was that bad at my job, I would fire myself. 

• Hook 'Em 1