2022 Texas Men's Tennis

LTtxfan

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I thought that .500 requirement was scrapped after what happened @ Arkansas a few years back?
Anyways, the final score today was Texas winning 4-3 over aggy.

My understanding was that the .500 requirement was temporarily waived for the 2021 season. This was due to teams having limited traveling capabilities for a full non conference schedule. I have not seen the requirement waived for this season yet (last year I believe it was waived mid season). From what I've heard a lot of the Power 5 coaches want that requirement to be removed.

Holy shit what a comeback as Texas def. USC 4-3! With the overall match score tied at 3-3, Chih Chi broke his opponents serve late in the 3rd set to get a chance to serve for the match. At 30-0, Chih Chi's opponent becomes so overwhelmed with nerves, that he blows chunks all over the court. 🤮
For health and safety purposes, the conclusion of the match was moved 2 courts over. Chih Chi won 2 of the next 3 points to win the match. 

If you read the recap on texassports.com, I doubt they mention the vomit episode so here's your exclusive surly certified content!

This was a MUCH needed win for Texas!!

Edited by perfectchaos007
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 3/12/2022 at 2:59 PM, perfectchaos007 said:

Texas comeback falls short. Ohio State wins 4-3. Coach Burke needs to get on the phone with Prairie View A&M for a double header so we don't miss the tournament with an under .500 record

Looks like Berque heard some rumblings...UTRGV match after Tech. Pretty sure that doubleheader was not there earlier in the season.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Those were our final home matches of the season unless we host a regional. Gotta take care of business against the Oklahoma schools and then hope TCU doesn’t murder us too bad. It’s sad watching Spizzirri’s decline this year. He was really struggling against the UTRGV opponent 

Really lucky to have him in the lineup at all; he can only slice on his backhand due to his left wrist injury. The fact that he has won the last 7 of his completed matches (after starting 2-4) with only half his shots shows how good of a player he is

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Yeah I'm not sure why he wasn't in the lineup today, but I'm assuming its injury related. @Aleemay would probably know

lolz- this time I don't; wasn't at the match, been spending much of the week at the ATP tournament in Houston

Hope it's not vertebral stress fractures, I know that he's struggled with those in the past

Michigan def. Texas 4-2 in the round of 16. Texas played a full-strength lineup today with Spizzirri and Braswell both playing singles, but the team going a combined 0-4 in tiebreak sets including a crucial set that decided the doubles points doomed the Horns. Also, Michigan was able to close out the match indoors thanks to a thunderstorm in the area.