2022 Texas Men's Tennis

LTtxfan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi UT Tennis Fan,

I hope you are having a great summer! Just wanted to check in with a quick update.

Cleeve Harper won the Pittsburgh $15k USTA futures doubles title today, this time with partner Tyler Zink. That is Cleeve's 2nd pro doubles title. Earlier this week, Ritchie Ciamarra (NCAA doubles champion with Cleeve) appeared in the doubles main draw at the ATP Newport Hall of Fame grass court event. He partnered with Sam Querry. Although they lost 1st round, it was a close match, and a great experience for Ritchie! Last week Chih Chi Huang qualified and won two rounds to reach the quarters of the Waco $15k futures. Pierre-Yves Bailly is back to good health, and will return to action next week in a futures in Belgium. Cleeve and Micah Braswell will be playing a $25k futures next week in Champaign, and Evin McDonald and Eshan Talluri will be playing prize money open events in their necks of the woods. Earlier in June Siem Woldeab had some very good results in California futures events, including reaching the quarterfinals in singles and the finals in doubles in the $15k futures in his home town of San Diego. Eliot Spizzirri had left wrist surgery, and will not be competing this summer. But he is now back to practicing (without backhands), and should be good to go for the season. All of our guys are out there training and competing this summer, and are looking forward to a great 2022'-'2023 season. Hook'em!

Sincerely,

Bruce Berque

• 4 weeks later...

@perfectchaos007, you slacking

2022-23 Men's Tennis Schedule - University of Texas Athletics (texassports.com)

Schedule features (with final 2022 ITA team ranking):

#2 Florida
#3 TCU
#4 Baylor
#5 Ohio State
#10 Southern Cal
#11 Georgia
#15 Stanford
#17 Arizona (maybe twice)
#18 NC State|
#24 Pepperdine
#25 Texas A&M
#34 OU
#41 Texas Tech
#51 California
#53 UCF
#54 Ok State

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

A tough slate as usual. Coach hasn’t added any new players to the roster from last season, so I wonder if he adds someone from the portal before the spring.

I'm hoping Yves Bially's brother is interested, although I think he may go the pro route

• 2 weeks later...

Richard Ciamarra won the NCAA doubles event a few months ago, but unfortunately since his partner (Cleve Harper) was Canadian, we knew they would not get a wildcard in the US Open. 

HOWEVER, I noticed Richard Ciamarra did get a wildcard into the MIXED doubles event. I assume he was given the wildcard by virtue of winning the NCAA doubles title with a non-American partner, and this was the compromise. 

They paired him up with an American woman I've never heard of, and they lost 1st round to boyfriend and girlfriend pairing Madison Keys and Fratangelo.

5 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Richard Ciamarra won the NCAA doubles event a few months ago, but unfortunately since his partner (Cleve Harper) was Canadian, we knew they would not get a wildcard in the US Open. 

HOWEVER, I noticed Richard Ciamarra did get a wildcard into the MIXED doubles event. I assume he was given the wildcard by virtue of winning the NCAA doubles title with a non-American partner, and this was the compromise. 

They paired him up with an American woman I've never heard of, and they lost 1st round to boyfriend and girlfriend pairing Madison Keys and Fratangelo.

He was paired with Jaeda Daniel who played at NC State. Also won the NCAA doubles but partner was British and ex TTU player Nell Miller.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Lloyd Glasspool and his partner took down Nick Kyrgios and his partner 

https://www.usopen.org/en_US/video/2022-09-05/16624192374914658.html?cid=2022oneboxUSA_00000000_phto_chothr_ctwbtr_endcid

Literally the highlights only show Glasspool winning one point (match point); everything else was focused on Kyrgios 🙄

• 2 weeks later...