The Amazing Race 33

Sonofjorel76

17 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Those two dumdums at the mail wtf

Mrs., Mrs., Mrs., Mr.! There's a lot of Lindsays!

Covid impact:

Spoiler

So I read a bit about how they had to adjust post-Covid. As mentioned, they finished three legs before the shutdown and then a 7 month delay. Two of the teams weren't able to return when they resumed. When they do start up again, the whole thing will be in Western Europe until they return to US. They used a charter jet for all flights so there is no airline/airport drama. However, they did change the way the flight portions operate and teams will get a staggered start at each landing depending on how they finished at the departure point. No catching up in the air. Should all make for an interesting season.

Edited by Herpa Derpa
  • Like 1

i'm excited to watch this...i haven't watched in at least 10 years but was a huge fan for years. we even applied once 😄

when every team started being some quasi-celebrity/famewhores (NBA Wives, Survivor Finalists, etc.) i kinda lost interest... thought i'd give it a try again when i saw this thread. the teams seem pretty down-to-earth. don't have a favorite yet. 

the Mail Rail was cool, stuff like that is why i loved this show. how stupid were the guys who found the clue and thought they hadn't?? 🤣 

Mrs., Mrs., Mrs., Mr.! There's a lot of Lindsays!
Covid impact:
Spoiler

So I read a bit about how they had to adjust post-Covid. As mentioned, they finished three legs before the shutdown and then a 7 month delay. Two of the teams weren't able to return when they resumed. When they do start up again, the whole thing will be in Western Europe until they return to US. They used a charter jet for all flights so there is no airline/airport drama. However, they did change the way the flight portions operate and teams will get a staggered start at each landing depending on how they finished at the departure point. No catching up in the air. Should all make for an interesting season.

Unfortunately it’s been like 10+ seasons since there was airline/airport drama because they started pre-booking travel to save money.

14 hours ago, mdmost said:

Why did Phil give the twins another leg? I thought last team goes home? 

It wasn't the end of the leg, it was just a tea break. He then gave another clue to keep going.

Edit to add they do sometimes "save" the last team, but that wasn't the case here.

Also, the aforementioned YouTube parents are currently #1 on my Most Annoying list. They seem insufferably self-insisting.

Edited by Herpa Derpa
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Also, the aforementioned YouTube parents are currently #1 on my Most Annoying list. They seem insufferably self-insisting.

I completely disagree.  Their performance stuff is pretty funny and meant to be over the top, and Penn is damn creative with the parodies.  If you watch any of their non-performance stuff they come across as really genuine.

We're watching because of Kim and Penn. We started watching them when the pandemic started and enjoy their content. But I could see how people who don't follow them would find them annoying. Honestly, I hope the twins get bounced which means they'll probably win the whole thing. 

Edited by mdmost

Lol twins ain't winning it. They have already dug a massive hole and just aren't that good....no way they can last much longer.

One of those double guy teams will probably win

And agreed with Herpa....without knowing anything but what i have seen on this show the youtubers come off as super annoying

I started to wonder if some of the teams would not survive the COVID hiatus and that is clearly the case. Not very surprising for Caro and Ray because they were newly dating long distance and already had some drama. I’m curious about the other 3 dropouts though, especially Anthony and Spencer who seem like they would make it back.

Reddit lists these reasons, fwiw…

Caro and Ray - split up (shocker)
Connie and Sam - new baby at home
Anthony and Spencer - one of them is injured?
Isaiah and Taylor - no info

I’m looking forward to figuring out who the replacements will be. I thought from Phil’s teaser that it would be prior TAR contestants, but it could also simply be the 2 eliminated teams from this season. I personally think teams from a previous season would be more interesting than seeing 2 fairly weak teams get reinstated.

I started to wonder if some of the teams would not survive the COVID hiatus and that is clearly the case. Not very surprising for Caro and Ray because they were newly dating long distance and already had some drama. I’m curious about the other 3 dropouts though, especially Anthony and Spencer who seem like they would make it back.

I’m looking forward to figuring out who the replacements will be. I thought from Phil’s teaser that it would be prior TAR contestants, but it could also simply be the 2 eliminated teams from this season. I personally think teams from a previous season would be more interesting than seeing 2 fairly weak teams get reinstated.

losing the train to Paris guys and Sam team is pretty big hits because they were probably 2 of the top 4 or five teams.

This should be a runaway for the wrongly convicted guy team with the Youtubers being their main challengers. The rest of these squads suck donkey dick. Hell my Twins just pretty much elevated to 4 and they are crap.

• Hook 'Em 1

My comment on the YouTubers was based entirely on TAR. I know nothing, and don’t care to know, anything about their social media world. 

Will be interesting to see if any of the bad teams run a better race after the break. And will they all be “starting” the race anew with everyone back to being caught up?

I’m sure there was a vaccination requirement to come back so I wonder if that eliminated either of those last two teams.

3 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

My comment on the YouTubers was based entirely on TAR. I know nothing, and don’t care to know, anything about their social media world. 

Will be interesting to see if any of the bad teams run a better race after the break. And will they all be “starting” the race anew with everyone back to being caught up?

At least the youtubers seemed to know how to drive a stick shift, based on what CBS showed anyway.  I still can't believe the contestants don't learn that before going on the show.  Although, in fairness, and having rented a car in New Zealand with a manual, getting used to shifting with my left hand while also driving on the other side of the road was headache inducing, and I had had cars for years with stick shifts.

At least the youtubers seemed to know how to drive a stick shift, based on what CBS showed anyway.  I still can't believe the contestants don't learn that before going on the show.  Although, in fairness, and having rented a car in New Zealand with a manual, getting used to shifting with my left hand while also driving on the other side of the road was headache inducing, and I had had cars for years with stick shifts.

Yeah, I usually shit on people for not learning to drive stick before going on the show (although I’m honestly not sure how easy it is to learn these days - I don’t think I know anyone who currently has one that I could practice on) but I’m not sure I could do it with my left hand, particularly while also trying to focus on driving on the left side of the road.

5 hours ago, DanRydell said:

I’m sure there was a vaccination requirement to come back so I wonder if that eliminated either of those last two teams.

That’s an interesting take. I would guess that TAR already requires plenty of vaccines for the racers so fairly lame if they let the Covid vaccine cost them a good chance at $1m.

Pedals are in the same place.  But shifting with my left hand was an additional headache I didn't need on top of turning on my wipers every time I was trying to signal, etc.  And every car I've owned until my current one has been a stick, so it's not like it was the stick shift itself that was messing me up.

DETOUR: Vaccinate or Ventilate

In Vaccinate, teams must get a COVID vaccine and then wait 15 minutes to monitor for side effects before receiving their next clue.

In Ventilate, one team member will be required to intubate their partner, then after having their work checked by a pulmonologist, they will be allowed to extubate their partner and receive their next clue.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, DanRydell said:

I’m wondering if Akbar is too heavy for the rope and harness stuff because that’s the only way it makes sense that his wife did the road block and that she’s apparently bungee jumping or something in the preview for next week.

I'm sure it is - the previews show a place they've been before on a previous season a tall dude couldn't do it. 

3 hours ago, DanRydell said:

I’m wondering if Akbar is too heavy for the rope and harness stuff because that’s the only way it makes sense that his wife did the road block and that she’s apparently bungee jumping or something in the preview for next week.

I mean it ain't like his woman weighs much less than him lol

When they went to do the flags my first thought was....no fucking way she can lift her leg up to get this flag under it.  

• Haha 1